Reviews for Viae Temporis
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Oh, an even sadder story that the last one even if you included all three versions. I had a hard time going from one timeline to the next and initially hated it but I can see that it works better this way. Thanks!
Kerry J chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
And just as I was wondering (just like you did in your A/N of Winter's Child) what would've happened after Bea and Zayek pressed that button, I find that you've explored those ideas as well. Thank you for that - I can't decide which glimpse of the past or future I like best. The romantic in me of course prefers the happy ending, but another part of me thinks the hard choices make for better (if sadder) stories.

I absolutely LOVED the very last one. Thank you so much for sharing the sequel(s)! I think Winter's Child is one of those stories that stay with you for a long time.
Mindelina chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I love this. Simply because if you subscribe to the multiple universes theory, this is exactly what would happen. All these possibilities at once.

One way scientists have gotten around the Grandfather Paradox is by the theory of multiple Universes. That if you did travel back in time and kill your grandfather, you would still exist because you didn't just travel back it time, you traveled back to another universe. The action of traveling back spawned another universe. In the universe you traveled to you'd never be born, but yours is still intact. There is an infinite number of alternate universes. Each one created at a point where someone/something had a choice. As I said, quite a bit of Universes. It is thought that time travel would be the only way we would be able to cross into another's universe.

Anyway, I digress. The long and short of it is, I love this story. As I do Winter's Child. :)
MarMar1 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Amazing! I love how you presented each of the possibilities; each seems so plausible and true to STV. I especially liked, in II, your comment about them keeping the balance and that Bea was so aware. Bea is a wonderful character! I am glad I finally discovered your stories, I just wish you would post more!
TrekGames23 chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I want to thank you for writing these, they were amazing. There was happiness, romance and sadness; each a possibility. You are an amazing writer and I hope to see much more from you -
Julechan chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Thank you for writing these endings! I. was so sad :-( I think I liked II. best obviously, because it's so romantic.. but I thought I. was a great possibility as well, and I liked to see Bea become lieutenant! All in all, you're a great writer, thanks again :-)
Elisa Trapt chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Oh, this story is TORTURE! All the possibilities! I would love to believe in "II," as my hopelessly romantic heart can't bear "I," but I can completely see both of them. And "I" keeps the Bea I fell in love with in "Winter's Child" alive, so I love that you explored that as well. You have such a good handle on Janeway and all her complexities - her love for her crew, her tortured love for a certain first officer, her commitment to Starfleet. Excellent!
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
A great story. Very good.
Mizvoy chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
First, I want to thank you for numbering the "threads" so I could follow the three stories without getting mixed up. At my age, I need all the help I can get.

I found the three "endings" interesting, both in the way you complete the story with each one and the very different outcomes they give us.

Ending I. was great because it stayed in first person with Bea's narration. That meant, of course, that our view of Janeway and Chakotay remained more remote as she grew up and became a promising Starfleet officer. That said, I can't imagine Chakotay going anywhere but directly to Janeway's door when he gets out of prison, and I can't imagine her doing anything but pulling him right into the house. Good to see Bea so successful, though.

Ending II. was my personal favorite. I loved how Janeway reacted to the news of her pregnancy the night after she and Chakotay were together. I love, too, the way we see them at the final ball, keeping that perfect "balance" that Bea has come to recognize as they stay "in each other's orbit." Well done.

Ending I. was the saddest, of course. I like that she suffers a miscarriage rather than getting rid of the baby; how like her to keep that to herself-and what a price to pay.

I loved "Winter's Child," and I love these endings even better. In my imagination, J/C manage to be together in each one!

You have real talent as a writer, and I'm looking forward to more stories from you very soon! (hint, hint)
sbfisher chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Oh, this wonderful! I loved the differnt paths that it could have gone in, but of course path #2 was my favorite. Thank you again for sharing your story.
firebirdgirl chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Interesting twist and turns throughout the timelines...I wonder which one will eventually be it? Happy writing!
Cheshire6845 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
As pleased as I was with how Winter's Child ended, I found myself still enjoying this. The multiple pathways that could have happened really made this continue to stand out. I do hope you continue to write!
Julia and Tania chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
It seems Bea was right; Janeway would terminate the pregnancy on Voyager. It was sad to read this. But then it all fits with the canon where Janeway is without child and Chakotay ends up with Seven. It was nice to see an alternative timeline too-at least that's what I think it is, I was kind of confused at first read-where Bea ends up pursuing a Starfleet career and we even see her become a Lieutenant. By the looks of things, she might be just like her mother, a scientist and a captain.

Thanks again for adding an epilogue! Hope to see you write more.
pologrmgrl chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
this is just as brilliant and insightful as Winters Child I am very glad that you added this and posted it

it is not often that I find a story that really grabs my attention and makes me sit up and notice

you are an excellent writer and I hope that you continue with writing

Poly
Megara79 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Three endings in one! Bargain!:)

Being the ultimate J/Cer that I am, I liked the second version best. I completelu adored the part about Chakotay being there as her first officer and not her partner, and the way he smiled when she touched his back in passing.

The third one is a close second, because I choose to believe that though Kathryn couldn't go as far back as the termination of her pregnancy, this Janeway would tell Chakotay the truth when she changed the future...past... alternate reality... You know what I mean! And that, in turn, might have lead to something more.

Though too sad to claim top billing, the first ending was just as beautiful as the other two. I love how Bea got premoted, but I ache for how their rescue turned out.

Thanks for another beautiful read. I hope you keep writing!