Reviews for Sonic's Christmas Blast 2
Krispina The Derp chapter 5 . 12/18/2012
That should of been the Christmas special...not the whole AOSTH/SATAM cluster-Clunk we saw...

I also figured out that you threw in a reference to Santa clause is coming to town in the story.
Almighty Tallest Angie chapter 5 . 1/13/2010
Beautiful story!
KyLewin chapter 5 . 1/8/2009
All told, this was a pretty good story. It was short, sweet, funny, and in the end everyone was happy... well, almost everyone anyway.

Good job with this story. I kind of wish I'd read it a little closer to Christmas, but I still enjoyed it.

Hope you had a good Christmas,

Kyle
KyLewin chapter 4 . 1/8/2009
Ah, the Chaos Emeralds, Sonic-illiterate as I am, even I know they have to show up sooner or later! ;)
KyLewin chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
"Need I explain that the spiked block fell on them and demolished their tank, as well as themselves?" Lol, nope, needn't explain it at all...

Robotnik's plan of building hundreds of chimneys so that all the citizens will be able to come down one and bring him presents has got to be one of the most hilarious cartoon villain schemes I've ever heard of.

I do think the "cold" puns went a little far, but perhaps that's just how Sonic is.

Good job on this chapter.
KyLewin chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
I enjoyed how clueless Sonic and Tails were for about 75 percent of this chapter. The world is going to pot and they're just chilling. Nice.

Good chapter, on to the next one with me.
KyLewin chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
I haven't seen many episodes of Sonic the Hedgehog, but this reads just like the few that I have seen. This could seriously have been the opening scenes for a Christmas special.

Nicely done, Toni.
Falconess chapter 5 . 1/7/2009
I can see so much of this storyboarded in my head! Especially Robotnik's scenes in here. I love the addition of Super Sonic. It's a nice touch! You know what? I wouldn't hestitate to rename this one: "Super Sonic's Christmas Blast!" Hahaha, oh dear, I probably just killed a few of the critics in my brain, oh well. :)

And oh my goodness, a cameo from Knux? This story just got two more gold stars from me, hahaha! He's one character I think they would have added, had AoStH had another season. That was a nice scene between them if only to prove that we can make all of our friends happy this time of year, even if they don't celebrate what we do.

I love your rewrite to the ending too. The Sonic/Amy moment is very sweet and well-deserved after some good scenes with them. I think Sonic would do just that, because he is such a nice character.

Like I told you in person, I really love that you emphasized the true meaning of Christmas (I.e. not presents) but stuck in that it's not "bad" to give presents. That's very well done in my humble opinion, whatever it's worth. :)

A last bit of critique, I would try to cut out your *action happens here* bits. I admit that I'm having to clean my fiction of them as well (bad writing habit from Role-playing in my case). I say this mainly just because I know that you can write those actions just as clear without using the asterisks. :) Don't doubt your skills, because you have many and they're only going to improve more and more as time presses on!

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this and it made me think about Christmas specials in general. I think if I ever have to write one, I'll do a much better job thanks to seeing what you did differently from the norm. :)
Falconess chapter 4 . 1/7/2009
Was Santa's story here a reference to the old Rankin Bass (stop motion) Santa Clause movie? If so, big points for you, cause it's one of my favorites. I also think that one is based on the life of St. Nicholas, right? (At least as far as the mountain town is concerned.) I don't think most shows even go into Santa's history at all, so the fact you've put it in here is very interesting.

Very smooth edit using the Chaos Emeralds instead of the tasks. I like how you kept some of the extreme sports stuff without making it look like it was forced in there like it was in the original. :) And more bot cameos, yay! X-Moto felt a random, but I liked the joke of turning him into a bike! It's also amusing to imagine Sonic trying to do all this extreme stuff with Santa probably hanging on for dear life! No wonder he wants to retire, lol.
Falconess chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
I definitely like your edits here to the bunker where Robotnik is keeping everyone, a much more detailed upgrade in my opinion. Plus the fact that you got rid of the deux ex machina "mcguffin" ring in this story, so I'm already applauding you for that too!

And here's an extra round for putting in a few more bots (I would have completely edited out the Toady bot myself and put in Coconuts, but that's just me - you know how much I love that monkey bot.) from previous episodes. AoStH is known for its ample screen time to its incidental characters. :)
Falconess chapter 2 . 1/7/2009
I'm surprised you didn't make more changes to the original one, since you were on such a creative roll last chapter, but you did tell me upfront this is more of a rewrite than a reinterpretation, so that's fine. Quite frankly the parts you left are the ones I liked from the original as well.

I found an awkward double negative here: 'As much as she didn't condone to it, Amy had some last minute shopping to do herself, so she decided to go to Merryville's #1 shopping center "Stacey's".' Did you mean: "As much as she did condone it, Amy had some..." When I get a problem like that I tend to find someone and have them read it aloud a few different ways to see which one sounds correct.

I like how you characterized the "kid" character in here. He seems pretty believable to me. Also, I love the joke with Amy and RobotniKlaus too and Tails' "grinch" reference too. Very nice.
Falconess chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
First off, your comedic timing is awesome. I love all the Scratch and Grounder jokes you put in here. I can hear all the characters talking in my head and you do such a seamless job putting in new characters like the elves without disrupting the flow of the story one bit. It has a pace just as fast as the show itself. I've only read chapter one, but I'm looking forward to reading the rest. I'm saving them for Christmas, after all. ;)

I'm so glad to see someone took initiative on "re-writing" Christmas Blast! Keep up the good writing, my dear!