Reviews for End of the Stick
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
As much as I love Sal, I'm afraid your turning into a bit of a Mary Sue. Anyway you could tone her down a bit/ Or at least give her a flaw to work with?
Maia2 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Sal! I love Sal. I've said this, no?

I really like this. Just the guys being them. Which of course people don't understand. And they don't help. Because there's being them and there's being them. And they're being them. (and the fact that I am sure you understood that phrase alone should prove how they influence the rest of us, huh?).

Oh… Ha ha. Great.

Like that is going to help matters.

Rusty ignored him and grinned at a wide-eyed Sal.

I could probably quote the entire thing...

Thanks for this.

Maia.

PS: did I tell you I love Sal?
Rollieo 122 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Great story! Before Rusty proved Sal's point, it did seem that the guys in the oub had got the wrong end of the stick...

I enjoyed reading this a lot!

Rollieo 122
otherhawk chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This story never fails to put a smile on my face. And that's good, and that's very much needed. And it is so, so wonderful to see Sal again. Even in situation without karaoke. (And there was going to be karaoke. I remember.)

Love Danny asking - again - if Rusty's sure it's the right place. As if Rusty would make that mistake. But can see them walking through the neighbourhood and Danny just raising an eyebrow, and can see earlier, when Basher told them where the meeting was Rusty getting directions and Danny just not taking any responsibility. He's supervising the navigating.

And so much love for the Western saloon feel to it all - walking into the place and everyone fell silent. Vaguely disappointed there was no piano player to stop and turn round slowly. ;D

Oh, and inappropriate in light of Bryn . . . but frosted pink shirt sounds vaguely tasty. Sorry. And love the banter and the circular logic that is so very, very obvious. For them.

And love the repeated grammar translation and the non comprehension of exactly what trouble no-one wants none of.

Incredible amounts of joy and amusement for the cherry. The imagination goes in strange and mind boggling directions. And I bet he can tie a knot with his tongue. And I bet he does. And I love the fact that Danny cuts off the Screaming Orgasm. (How could I possibly resist typing that sentence?) And the residue. (Which, unfortunately and unpleasantly, makes me thing of gelati) Oh, Danny puts up with such a lot. Happily.

The apology that, for something trivial, can only ever succeed with junk food. And he likes Scampi Fries? Isn't that almost like liking new coke? No sane human even contemplates.

And really, there are so many things - the shirt and suit to start with, the pout and everything that's generally less than manly, and of course the popping of the strange snack into Danny's mouth, the fact that they always - even in the movies, or especially in the movies - walk and stand with perfect awareness of the other one. Easy to get the wrong end of the stick. Easy to assume.

Oh, and I really love the faint note of surprise in Rusty's voice and the brief suggestion that Danny might actually like the Scampi Fry.

Basher being late. Would hope that his timing was usually better than that. More than a little important in his job. And of course there's consideration so quickly about whether it's an issue, and love the reminder (thinking of 'A little restraint') that between them they actually have a missing person routine. And have small, semi-related, banana tree amusement for that.

Beginnings of the confrontation, and love the consideration that if this is a pub that Basher favours there shouldn't be anything that might linger.

And amusement for the explanation of ponces. The things that pass over Danny's head. And they understand the threat and they're already assessing the situation, and I love the getting ready in "Rusty’s shoulders dipped slightly and Danny’s weight shifted" even while Danny is still being polite and conciliatory.

And the glass and the hand on Rusty's shoulder, and still there's the banter, and the "Oh, crap" that Danny knows isn't for the situation, per se. And love the thought of the confusion in the denim boys at the fact that they're talking about the suit and about the Scampi Fries and really, really aren't intimidated. Because they've been threatened with so much worse and so much more professionals, and they're just not going to be afraid.

Really, really love the

"Me and me friends want to show you what we think of pretty boys flashing their eyes at each other in our pub.”

Oh…"

Makes me laugh out loud. Because of complete misinterpretation, and further provocation, and love the wondering tone in the "Do we do that?"

Basher's arrival, and really, everything they ever do involves a scene sooner or later. He shouldn't be surprised. And he isn't.

And again, and even more with the appearance of Sal, and the greetings and unconcerned happiness and warmth, the denim boys are just confused and completely out of their depth. And it's brilliant, it really is. Because they're such a wonderful non-presence in everyone's mind.

Much, much joy for the interest, and Basher looking anywhere else, because he really doesn't want to know and doesn't want to get dragged into that particular line of madness.

And the kiss! Oh, never, never going to help matters. Well, those matters. But in front of Sal, how could he even hope to resist? And can imagine the wide-eyed and practically flustered from Sal, and can imagine the jaw dropping from the denim boys and it is so very, very amusing.

Love Sal starting the fight. And probably finishing it. Oh, they had no idea what hit them.

And much amusement for the aftermath, and the victory, and the semi-demolished, emptied pub. I was right; it's a Western. And the affection and admiration. Sal is fantastic. And do love the thought that she's the only one not nursing injuries.

Oh, and the "You two planning on behaving yourselves through the meal, right?" And they probably are, but improbable things do happen, just a little more often to them than other people. And it really is a sad state of affairs when Basher has to be the voice of sanity.
ParisAmy chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Ah i've missed Sal!

I think we’re doing it now.

Oh…" - Aha, I love there little glances at each other ;)

This was great, cant wait for more oneshots and updates from you!
Jusmine chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
"“Let’s step outside, mate. Me and me friends want to show you what we think of pretty boys flashing their eyes at each other in our pub.”

Oh…"

First of all, a growl towards that evil person! Second of all, oh I how I love their silent conversations! _

"Rusty’s eyes gleamed. “Like this?” he asked and leant forward and kissed Danny resoundingly on the mouth." Oh, I agree with Danny. Is that really helping matters any? lol

"“Just because she’s a lady don’t mean she’s a lady,” Basher said." I. Love. That. Line! _

Okay, I officially love this to death! Not literally to death, though, because if it was dead, then I wouldn't be able to re-read it, and that would *not* be good! _ LOVE IT!
lelann37 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
haha, love it! it was fun seeing sal too. thanks for sharing
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Oh, Sal! Haven't seen her in awhile. So cool. :)