Reviews for The Best You Never Had
Issy chapter 5 . 3/31/2012
The end was so sad.

Will you write a sequel? This can't be the end.
TenMarthaFan chapter 5 . 8/19/2011
I was a bit disappointed of the end. I wanted them to be together.

But it was a good story. Keep writing. You've talent.
Ayiana89 chapter 5 . 2/2/2011
I really like this fic. The first four chapters were just great.

But I was a bit disappointed at the end, because after everything that happend in this fic (the dreams with the children and all that) the way it ends doesn't really fit. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say ;)

But apart from that this was really good!

I hope you will write a sequel. You really have a talent for writing. And I would love to see an happy ending for Ten and Martha.
Elizabeth chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
Oh, and your welcome (about reminding you to update). I didn't think it was shoddy. There was definitely a good plot going, maybe a little more development, editing and your good to go. Keep writing you have talent.
Elizabeth chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
What! Seriously, this is supposed to be a 10/Martha fiction right? I know they can't all be happy endings, but come on. You set us up. Just kidding. Please tell me you plan a sequel, because there is no way the dreams the Doctor had were for no reason. Or even when he saw himself with the children at the beginning of the story and it happened to be Martha's wedding day. The TARDIS kidnapped Martha so they could have time together because she is the one. Come on, those children are clearly his and Martha's. Also, Francine basically gave him the thumbs up. Perhaps Martha is scared and didn't go through with her wedding to Tom. I'm holding out hope. Seems strange to leave the story like this. I want more, I'm not satisfied. Sorry, but thanks for the update none the less.
Elizabeth chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
I figured that if we were patient you would get back to this story when you had the time. Thank you so much, you didn't disappoint. The Doctor showing Martha his past (presumably what he looked and acted like in previous incarnations) was brilliant. Him stumbling over his words is classic Ten, especially when it comes to Martha. Maybe to get her back long term he may need to live with her on Earth for a while. Actually I think all he needed to do was ask her to stay before and she would have. I know you said you only have one chapter to go, but can we expect a sequel? This story has potential - like a wedding and obviously the children mentioned in the first chapter. Cannot wait for your update later today.
Elizabeth chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
I see you have not updated in over a year, I hope you have not given this story up. You have a great plot going, so if you want to give us the last three or so chapters, that would be appreciated. I hope you check your reviews, so that you are inspired to continue. Thanks.
angnay chapter 3 . 11/22/2010
just found this stroy like it a lot.
Geriatric Yoda chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Review Return!

Nice start to this, and I'll definitely be reading up on it when I next have the chance. The hologram is indeed a puzzle, and I look forward to see how it unravels.

Of course, having the Doctor involved, this marriage can't go perfectly... right?

Dave
PhoenixWytch chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
Oh Doctor. Just what are you plotting now?

Thanks for writing.
Soiree chapter 3 . 7/13/2009
Ah well, thought Martha, there’s the specs appeal gone then.

Lol. That made me laugh big-time.

Oh My G-the Doctor has it bad for her, doesn't he? Finally he can abandon the bachelor life of being a...time lord. Oh yea. Forgot the detail where he has the whole job of keeping the time continium in balance 24/7 XDXD

And I'd love to c the tatics the doc will use to seduce her-(oh no, now he sounds like some male prozzie-well, anyway that IS technically what he's doing, making her forget her fiance and all)

Any chance of an update in the near future? *looks pleading*

good story! :D
Soiree chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Ooh...good cliffhanger.

loved how martha's "disapperance" echoed Donna's in the "The Runaway Bride," (lol, the doctor just keeps attracting the wierd ones, doesn't he?-wierd in a good way)

I never really pictured how the doc's room looked like, but when you described it, I was like, "Oh yea..."

Cool story, so far

x
Soiree chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
lol, that was funny :)

Especially when Martha forgot that it was her wedding day-XD

Wow, I'm impressed. I've finally gotten round to reading ur fic (I'm Skaz on utube btw-) and I was blown away by the long words used :)

So, on to chapter 2! and u'd better reply to this! lol.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 3 . 4/22/2009
Seems interesting so far; I am DEFINITELY looking forward to what’s coming up...

Talking of the future, if you’re stuck for ideas, how’s this as one suggestion; the Doctor decides to show Martha around a couple of rooms dedicated to his past incarnations to give her a better idea of who he’s been in the past (Or the TARDIS could ‘link’ Martha to the Doctor’s subconscious to put her in touch with his memories of other selves; I just think that he’d want to be sure of showing her something he NEVER showed Rose to help reassure her he doesn’t see her as a replacement)?

(Plus, of course, there’s always such details as the TARDIS art gallery containing some of the works of art his seventh incarnation ‘salvaged’ over the course of his life, things like that; hope that helps)

Hope you update soon; I am DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing what comes up!

(If nothing else, I have a feeling that the Doctor’s going to have a BIT of trouble assuring everyone when he gets back to the wedding that he didn’t program the TARDIS to do this on his own...)
mrs mathis chapter 3 . 2/28/2009
that's o.k about the 13 chapters, but thanks for the shout out! that was 2funny:)love the story by the way.