Reviews for Someday Never Comes
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
This was a fantastic fiction, honey! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

*hugs*

Mandy
Haylia Jones chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
good fic. I liked it.
daleaikman chapter 6 . 2/20/2010
I just found this story and am so gald I did. I thank that it was the perfect way to get in side of Dean's head after the djuin. And Sam was right about Dean being sad about lossing his mom agian. Thanks for the great story.
graceofgod chapter 6 . 9/16/2009
This is my favourite episode, and you've really done it justice here. Using the la llorana to get under his skin and expose the very last layer he'd kept hidden is a sneaky, perfect way to explore Dean's character and still tell an absorbing, captivating story. Sam's worry stood out really clearly, and I loved his underhanded tricks to get Dean to rest - it's so much the sort of thing a little brother would do!

And then that ending, bringing to mind the oh-so-bittersweet eding of the episode, but turning it upside down into something more positive, a moment of absolute honesty between them, and equality too, Sam offering reassurance born of experience for a change.

Thanks for a great read!

Cal
bhoney chapter 6 . 4/2/2009
Great banter in this chapter. Wonderful descriptions, again. Especially this one: "As the last of the sun faded from view, the stars became brighter against the night sky, twinkling like jewels, reflecting in waves of the dark water like a string of Christmas lights twinkling from afar."

And I LOVED this glimpse of Dean's feelings for his brother. Even more, I love that Sam got to overhear it: “I’m sorry. I know I owe you… everything. That’s what Sam is to me. He’s everything good in my life. He’s the reason I… the reason I am who I am. I’ve spent my entire life looking out for him and I don’t know… I just can’t …” he took a deep breath and swiped a hand at the moisture that had appeared on his cheek. “Thank you. For giving him back to me. I know you understand why I can’t let him go."

Nice resolution with the spirit too, I'm glad she went peacefully.

All in all, a good story. Interesting, spooky, suspenseful, nice brotherly moments with some good hurt/comfort, fun banter, and very well-written. I'm favoriting this!
bhoney chapter 5 . 4/1/2009
It was sweet that Sam tricked his brother into falling asleep. I love a protective Sam. I also loved this: "Sam let his hand fall to his brother’s cheek, a sad smile turning the corner of his mouth as Dean unconsciously leaned into the connection, sleep offering him the opportunity to accept the care and concern that wakefulness had always forced him to deny." Aw, such a sweet and sad image.

Nice dichotomy here: "And he had always carried her memory in his heart. Sam envied his brother that. He pitied him for it, too."

You did an excellent job of setting the scene and mood when Sam was out by the lake and the mist crept in. It was super creepy, and I just knew she was going to attack him.

I loved this: "He shook his head, a knowing smile lighting upon his lips. That had probably been his brother’s plan all along. The kid could be pretty devious when he put his mind to it. Of course he was no match for the master…." It's awesome that Dean knows his brother well enough to know it was a setup.

LOVED Dean rescuing Sam down by the water. I was happy that the spirit gave him back, but it makes me nervous about what's she's going to want in return. Dean offered up both help finding her kids, and himself in Sam's place. Nice foreshadowing for AHBL2, BTW, with Dean's reaction to the idea of something happening to Sam. It was heartbreaking.
bhoney chapter 4 . 4/1/2009
I'm still really enjoying this story. I will admit, it does bother me a bit when authors have the boys using the harsher language that they don't use on the show, because it breaks character for me. But other than that, I am loving this story.

You've done a great job with tapping into the emotions Dean would be experiencing just after WIAWSB, and the pain of him losing his mom again. I love that Sam recognizes that and is trying to help him. Very nice how you managed to tie that into the hunt, with the spirit being a mother looking for her kids.

And the characterization of the boys is very nicely done too. I could see this whole thing playing out in my mind, just like an episode.
bhoney chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
You do a fabulous job of writing the boys in character. They sound dead-on. I loved the banter in this chapter. I've really been missing it on the show this season, and you write it very well. Love that Sam believes Dean, even though he's not at his best.
bhoney chapter 2 . 3/26/2009
Oh, poor Dean! My heart was breaking for him in this chapter.

On the upside, I love stories that have hypothermia in them, so Dean going into the cold lake made me happy.
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Very spooky beginning. Great job setting the scene.
Laura of Maychoria chapter 6 . 1/2/2009
I really loved that the solution for the case wasn't a big actiony finale or the typical pyrotechnics, but just Dean quietly offering the spirit peace. This was a very lovely look into Dean's head. Well, lovely and very, very painful. ::sigh:: Poor kiddo just never catches a break, does he? Great brotherly moments, too, and all very well-written. Great job!
ukfan101 chapter 6 . 1/2/2009
I like the ending...nice to see Dean open up and that he shared with Sam as well. good angst...good story
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 6 . 12/23/2008
AW ,merry christmas to you too Sue hun

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to sharing this absoloutley

amazing fic with us, and thanks for writing your heart out

i really LOVED this fic how Sam realised Dean loved him and how Dean took the loss he had and changed it into what he hadn't lost all along

I LOVED IT HUN xx

take care

i bloody loved this fic to bits

the ending was just perfect!
drkstormynite chapter 6 . 12/22/2008
Sue:

Didn't review by chapter 'cause I read it all at once.

Great story.

Nice job.

Love the glimpse inside Dean's head. I am always disappointed that the "moments" between the brothers are so brief on the show, it's only here in the fics that we can really explore the emotions of those few minutes from each eppy. You did a great job of getting to those emotions!

Wouldn't it be great to have a whole episode of full-on angst-riddled emotional brotherly love.

Thanks for brotherly love!

Merry Christmas and blessings!
alwaysateen chapter 6 . 12/18/2008
Nice ending.

To be honest, I was expecting more, especially from the spirit but I like the way Dean dealt with it. It was nice of him. :)