Reviews for Luffy the Genius
Everlight18 chapter 1 . 7/17
All I could think at the beginning was that I wanted the "old Luffy" back, but now... This is so bittersweet. He's so curious and the fact that he was able, for a while, to know and understand and now he can't and doesn't care anymore hurts a bit inside.

"His courage was neer a matter of being to dumb to fear the consequences." That line really got me. No matter how smart he was, Luffy would still do anything for his family. And now that he didn't remember or care they would have to as well. The thought of Luffy not being able to enjoy Usopp's stories or wanting to eat or be around Brook for fear of being put to sleep is really sad.

This entire story is very bittersweet. They get the "real Luffy" back, but at the same time they lose so much. And that Luffy can't even remember is perhaps the most bittersweet of all. He had no choice in whether he wanted to be that smart or to go back to the way he was before. And he was afraid of being stupid again. Man, now I want to go curl up in a corner and cry.

Great job! You've given a lot of thought into this and made me think as well. Normally I don't care for smart Luffy stories, but this... it's really good. Hope to read more of your One Piece stories!
RadioGlitch chapter 1 . 6/2
Love it, especially the ending scene with Zoro. Thanks for writing!
protective-kitsune chapter 1 . 3/9
This was so terribly sad! But so wonderful!
Elil-Hrair-Rah chapter 1 . 3/3
I'm going to be honest. I was expecting a lot from this story - all kinds of awful things. The promt already sounded.. meh. I really don't like when characters' personalities get too ooc just for the sake of the plot because that's what I was expecting. And then Luffy deducing the code to the door lock BBC-Sherlock-style was almost making me back out. But I was bored, so I gave it a fair chance..

I was expecting a lot from this story.. but what I got was something completely different!

Your way with words pulled me in before I even knew what happened. It was so easy to actually picture the story and the characters in my head while reading it - and I loved how you included and portrayed every single one of them. Their respective points of view tore me in all kinds of directions that eventually, I felt so sorry for all of them.

It's such a bittersweet story - the crew fearing that they'll lose what they learned to love and Luffy doubting himself that maybe he wasn't enough after all.

But the one thing that left me reeling was the echo of Luffy's words "This is the amount I can afford to use Gear Second in my lifetime!" because ever since Rob Lucci mentioned that Luffy "hacks away his life" by using that technique, I was afraid for him that one day, it'll all come back to hit him in the face. Sure it's One Piece and I believe he'll find a solution, but still. It haunts me. (If they already did address the issue, then I'm not aware of it. I just recently finished the Summit War arc.)

Thank you for writing this story! It gave me all the right (and sad) feels and I can definitely say that it easily became one of my all-time-favs! It makes me kind of ashamed with how prejudiced I first was.
Wordlet chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
I wish there could be a happy medium, where Luffy acted like Luffy but had some semblance of comprehension on the social scale. higher IQ is often blamed for anti-sociability, Luffy was too smart to be interact like he used to. If he could retain his innocence and his motor capabilities but lose, say, half of his mental capacity granted by the machine, that would be nice, win win for everyone you know. I'm forced to try and come up with what could have happened because what did happen is tearing me up. Thanks for a great read even though it was really sad
authenticaussie chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
I'm g oi ng to CRY
WHY MUST YOU DO THIS
WHY
I FEEL SO
BAD
I WAS LIKE ON THE STRAWHAT'S SIDE AT FIRST LIKE
PLZ GET BACK TO NORMAL
BUT THEN
LUFFY'S POV
AND THEN I WAS JUST
I NY /SOBSSS
shipperlol chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
No matter how many times I read this, I always cry. It's simple, yet complex.
I love you for writing this.
mysticstargirl chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
*CRYING SOUNDS*

BECAUSE BEAUTY HELP
Sue chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Oh gawd, this reminds me so much of "Flowers for Algernon." T_T
LostFairyMantic chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Awww, this is sad. It's kinda like Flowers for Algernon except this time its affecting the cute captain we've known for years and it just physically hurts! Like, seeing him struggle for the impossible and reaching for it…

Nevertheless, I'm glad he turned back. Cause let's face it, One Piece won't be as fun as it is without Luffy's personality. Amazing story.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Well that was definitely an interesting one-shot that really makes you think, I hope your other stories are just as interesting as if you have you have gotten a new fan.
Taisi chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
This broke my heart in all the right ways.
RogueArabesque chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
The part about returning to a smaller, darker world...
That was painful to read, because it's true that while Luffy grasps a lot of important concepts that others don't, well, he can't understand what he did when he was a lot more intelligent. It's like it never happened at all- it's just- I just keep raging at the fact he doesn't know what he's lost when he was helpless in the choices of whether he wanted to become smarter or whether he wanted to stay like that.
doubledamn chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Nice story, very nice. There's only one problem - HE FORGOT WHAT THE D MEANS BEFORE HE TOLD ANYONE! Do you know how much all fans of One Piece would give for that knowledge? It's a lot by the way.

Anyway, great story. Keep it up.
Googlemo chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Thats really good and sad...
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »