Reviews for Luffy the Genius
Nemrut chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Interesting concept, I liked it.
AllBlueChaser chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
This totally made me cry when I read it on the fanforall. SO awesome!
Night-Mare-Chan chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
That was beautiful. I really enjoyed it. It was a strange sort of bittersweet that is hard to find in fanfics. I love how Luffy is still Luffy- really smart but just- wants to know everything and is still not good at dealing with people. It seems to me he's just accostomed to people always dealing with him. XD

Near the end I was kind of hoping he kept that intelligence, you know, because he loved it so much and I was sad that it faded away...though I was really sad when he couldn't believe Usopp's stories anymore. The crew's reaction is really nice and the end just breaks my heart. Zoro is love. 3

Thanks for writing this. You made my morning. :)
LKA101 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Your story has left me in tears... two things I have to say: bittersweet... and beautifully written.
Lakanna chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
You're story has moved me to tears. Such a bittersweet ending... you have a real gift of writing.
BladeThorn4296 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
I really don't know what to say, other that you made me crt. Twice! It is so heartbreaking! All that that only after it is gone the rest realise how truly happy Luffy was with all of it... and how he doesn't want to be 'stupid' again...

Honestly, I just love it.

And all that of Usopp: ' "But you're lying," they both know that, with everything he's gained, something important has also been lost. '

Truly, that just broke me. I had to stop reading for a bit because I couldn't stop crying!

In the first tow parts, I wasn't so sure about your wrting style, but now I take it all back! I love those authors that, with not too many words, can show emotions in such a fantastic way.
Amethyst Turtle chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This was so much like Flowers for Algernon, except it had a happy ending... sort of.

For that, I loved it through and through. Seeing Luffy with a whole different motivation was very interesting.
Ferio Wind chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
;_; Oh wow, I love this story. I don't think I can properly explain how heartbreaking it was to see Luffy's growing desperation as he slowly lost the ability to comprehend all that knowledge and just the world around him. I just, wow, seriously, I did not expect this story to touch me as much as it did.

The way you described the changes in Luffy's character after he became a genius were just fantastic, especially his deteriorating motor skills and introverted personality. It was all just fantastic! I really liked that last part on how Luffy had somehow figured out how much longer he could use Gear 2nd in his life, and how Zoro decided to keep it. Gah, your characterizations are great, and I just really loved the whole thing.

I really hope to see more One Piece fanfiction from you, since you're pretty much one of the best authors I've seen of this fandom!
EzalMezal chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
A wonderful story! I love this so much~!
kitsuneluvuh chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Wow, beautiful story! Beautiful plot, beautiful depiction, beautiful WRITING. It really conveys the emotions of the characters. It's just... so beautiful.
inermis chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
I first thought that this is just an average story about personality change, but you surprised me since the ending was so great. In the end, Luffy's personality did NOT change, his courage and will to sacrifice himself was the same as always. I almost cried in the end, so I guess it means this was fabulous story.
bitter-cAnDy-sweet chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
That was an extremely sad and touching story. Awh poor Luffy its so sad that when he was smart he had to deal with the fact it wouldnt last forever. You're writing is great and I seriously thought I was going to cry when Luffy started losing it. Keep up the good work!
Butterfree chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Wow, I really thought that this would be one of those humorous stories where the main character would completely turn into a smart jerk. I was quite surprised at how emotional and well thought out it actually was.

Luffy's sudden change to actually worry about things was very believable. It made him out of character, but not in a way that ruins the story or that we would really think is his fault. I can tell that you have a lot of skill in counting every little detail of a plot that should be applied to your story (Such as "If Luffy's smart, he'd think about his condition and past self right?").

~ CupidKirby(TwisterKirby)
BlueMizuki chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
OMG it made me cry! And I knew that it would, and I should stop for my own good but I just couldn't. I just want to hold Luffy now, it's so sad it broke my heart. Now my whole day is ruined...I don't mean it wasn't a great story cause it was a great story. It's my own falut I couldn't stop reading it.
Orquidea del Paraiso chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I absolutely adored this fic
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »