Reviews for Luffy the Genius
BladeThorn4296 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
I really don't know what to say, other that you made me crt. Twice! It is so heartbreaking! All that that only after it is gone the rest realise how truly happy Luffy was with all of it... and how he doesn't want to be 'stupid' again...

Honestly, I just love it.

And all that of Usopp: ' "But you're lying," they both know that, with everything he's gained, something important has also been lost. '

Truly, that just broke me. I had to stop reading for a bit because I couldn't stop crying!

In the first tow parts, I wasn't so sure about your wrting style, but now I take it all back! I love those authors that, with not too many words, can show emotions in such a fantastic way.
Amethyst Turtle chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This was so much like Flowers for Algernon, except it had a happy ending... sort of.

For that, I loved it through and through. Seeing Luffy with a whole different motivation was very interesting.
Ferio Wind chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
;_; Oh wow, I love this story. I don't think I can properly explain how heartbreaking it was to see Luffy's growing desperation as he slowly lost the ability to comprehend all that knowledge and just the world around him. I just, wow, seriously, I did not expect this story to touch me as much as it did.

The way you described the changes in Luffy's character after he became a genius were just fantastic, especially his deteriorating motor skills and introverted personality. It was all just fantastic! I really liked that last part on how Luffy had somehow figured out how much longer he could use Gear 2nd in his life, and how Zoro decided to keep it. Gah, your characterizations are great, and I just really loved the whole thing.

I really hope to see more One Piece fanfiction from you, since you're pretty much one of the best authors I've seen of this fandom!
EzalMezal chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
A wonderful story! I love this so much!
kitsuneluvuh chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Wow, beautiful story! Beautiful plot, beautiful depiction, beautiful WRITING. It really conveys the emotions of the characters. It's just... so beautiful.
inermis chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
I first thought that this is just an average story about personality change, but you surprised me since the ending was so great. In the end, Luffy's personality did NOT change, his courage and will to sacrifice himself was the same as always. I almost cried in the end, so I guess it means this was fabulous story.
bitter-cAnDy-sweet chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
That was an extremely sad and touching story. Awh poor Luffy its so sad that when he was smart he had to deal with the fact it wouldnt last forever. You're writing is great and I seriously thought I was going to cry when Luffy started losing it. Keep up the good work!
Butterfree chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Wow, I really thought that this would be one of those humorous stories where the main character would completely turn into a smart jerk. I was quite surprised at how emotional and well thought out it actually was.

Luffy's sudden change to actually worry about things was very believable. It made him out of character, but not in a way that ruins the story or that we would really think is his fault. I can tell that you have a lot of skill in counting every little detail of a plot that should be applied to your story (Such as "If Luffy's smart, he'd think about his condition and past self right?").

CupidKirby(TwisterKirby)
BlueMizuki chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
OMG it made me cry! And I knew that it would, and I should stop for my own good but I just couldn't. I just want to hold Luffy now, it's so sad it broke my heart. Now my whole day is ruined...I don't mean it wasn't a great story cause it was a great story. It's my own falut I couldn't stop reading it.
Orquidea del Paraiso chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I absolutely adored this fic
wispyboy chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I will be totally honest. I didn't expect this story to be this good. In truth, when I saw that you'd used present tense in the first sentence, I secretly prayed that you would merely maintain the present tense throughout. That would have been enough. But this is truly a magnificent piece of writing that I really enjoyed and would recommend to all, far and wide, as a testament to a unique style which has an elegant simplicity. There is a certain distinctive ambience to your writing. A flow. It's something which is innate in you as a writer..and I LOVED it. This is just your writing alone, moving onto your plot, it was unique, well-expressed and well-explored. And I revelled in the meaningful bitter-sweet ending. This is beautiful writing. It kind of compels me to post something of my own on this site. This is going into my favorites, as are YOU. Write again and again. I can't get enough.

P.S. I REALLY liked the present tense. It added to the story-telling brilliantly.
The Apple's Pie chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Wow. Just wow. You really outdid yourself with this. Very beautiful! I loved it!
ChiakiAngel chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
That's an amazing story, and I really enjoyed it! _ Great job on the smart Luffy, I really think that would be something to see.
LuffyxRuby chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
poor luffy you should make a seqeal that would be great
ZeldaAddict42 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
That was a good story. Pretty durn *depressing*, but good nonetheless. It's an interesting topic to consider and you clearly gave it very thorough thought.

I like that we saw things both from various crew members' points of view as well as Luffy's own. Your insight into the characters and their reactions was quite well done.

There were only a few small typos, and I didn't much like the verb tense inconsistency from the first part to the others, but overall it is quite well-written.

Nice work!