Reviews for Shopping Trip
luvagoo chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
lol! You have this talent for taking a stupid, fluffy storyline and making it sound like a bonafide deleted scene we never got to see! Looove.
Mogget0607 chapter 2 . 5/14/2010
Trying to read this and not laugh out loud is near impossible!

Loved it when he was trying to sneak up on the holo-ads, sounds like something I would do, haha.
humanthesaurus chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
Oh, yes we love our idiot. ;)

anyway, again, very well-written.

I'm sure a light-up sign would help...
humanthesaurus chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
that was really very funny. in the we-love-our-captain-even-though-he's-an-idiot-frequently. very well-written. well done!
RionaEire chapter 2 . 12/15/2008
Made me smile in a silly ooeygooey sort of way, it was fun to see Inara's view of the same situation. I love how Mal was sneaking up on the holo ads, forgot to mention that before but its even funnier now. :) The end where she saw him blowing on the fancy things was adorable and humorous. It seems that Inara has changed a lot since the series (I'm re-watching all the episodes now because my dopy friend _finally gave me back my Firefly DVDs after two and a half months of holding them captive and not even watching them. sigh.. Inara must be lovedrunk and so is acting differently, has finally surrendered her pride in hopes of something better. I hate it when people don't get obviously placed hints so I can sympathize with Inara here. I always enjoy different views of the same situation, you know, from different charactors' perspectives, I always have ever since I was little and first encountered the concept.

Riona
jane0904 chapter 2 . 12/15/2008
Just short of marching into his bunk, naked, with a sign on her head. A sign with an arrow. An arrow that lit up.

Oh, poor Inara! Although that particular option might just work. I trust there will be more ...
writtenwordlover chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
I like how Inara knows Mal's going to take a little work and she's going to need to be obvious with him because he is too distracted with trying to be honorable. This, of course, keeps him from getting what he really wants.

Again, you write them with texture and insightfulness and the part where she didn't really need to go shopping is so them, just like he never really needs to be in her shuttle.
Nr.Six chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
great chapter! Mal is SO slow!
Katesfriend chapter 2 . 12/13/2008
I love a series! And this one is fun. Loved how Mal thought everyone in the mall was looking at Inara, while Inara noticed that the women were all looking at Mal. Cute. And stalking the holoimagers is definitely a Man thing. Glad they're both on the same page with the frippery if not on the romantical cues. Really glad to see Inara finally knows what she wants.
Bytemite chapter 2 . 12/13/2008
Both perspectives on the same scene, good idea! Further study is rife for new insights or further hilarity.

Poor Inara, using her wiles either puts Mal on guard, or goes completely over his head. You really convey her frustration at getting through to him well, it feels like she's ramming her head against a brick wall.
Lost Kiwi chapter 2 . 12/12/2008
I wasn't expecting a second chapter of this fic that I took to be a one shot, so yay! Poor Inara, will Mal ever pick up on her signals? Just like in the show, if he would only show the inclination (for more than two seconds at a time!) Inara would be his. Beautiful couple. Beautiful writing. More please :) :)
RionaEire chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Since I read the other underwear story I had to read this. I really like your descriptive ability for imagery and I get a kick out of your humor, the way you say things is a mixture of funny and well put with frills and lace tucked into the petal's edges. :) The teasing in this story is funny too, between Mal and Inara, not teasing really but hinting, insinuation, pulling strings to see if their pretenses will unravel and they seem to be doing so.

Riona
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
What can I say? near perfection, and I love being spoiled by talented writers.

"I got them in pink, as well."

Inara, Inara, what a tease. She doesn't need to be a mind reader to know what he wants, sometimes good traning pays off.
Lost Kiwi chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
O, this was an unexpected treat! You really nail Mal and Inara's relationship so well. I particuarly loved the last line "I got them in pink as well'. Sque! You just know Mal's not going to get any sleep that night :)

Thanks heaps for making my Sunday.
Katesfriend chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Wow. If this is how you two are before Christmas, what are you gonna do for Valentine's Day? Great job - I could see poor Mal left to his own devices, and loved the images of the futuristic mall. Loved the fact that he knew he wasn't the brightest crayon in the box when it came to hints.