Reviews for Five Years Changes Everything
Lady Brookelle chapter 16 . 1/7/2015
...Derek Morgan is not going to like Sweets.
stephcullen2000 chapter 19 . 2/8/2014
I love it so please update again soon x
SeverusSnape'sLove chapter 19 . 12/8/2012
I love it. Zach is one of my fav characters. This story made me smile. :)
BookWorm chapter 10 . 2/29/2012
ok I hate to sound all mean and stuff, but...THANK BEJEBUS THEY DIDN'T DO IT! there I said it, no offence to sweets fans, but EW! Zack is WAY better and no wait...that's pretty much it. Keep up the good work VIVA LA ZACK! lol ;P
rileybear 14 chapter 19 . 8/13/2011
Ooooo, I love this so so so so (etc.) Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. Thank you!
rileybear 14 chapter 15 . 8/13/2011
I LOVE this story. Just wanted to say that. Now to finish this story!
beulah2013 chapter 19 . 7/1/2011
HI

Just wanted to say that I loved 'Five Years Changes Everything' and think you are an amazing writer and I just love the way you wrote this story and I am madly in love with Kat.

Sorry for gushing but this is the first Bones story that was Zach centric and was this good!

Again sorry for gushing.

Sincerly

Ramla
Squinttern chapter 16 . 3/13/2011
I admire your ability to forgive sweets, I on the other hand will never forgive him for what he did, no second chances for him. good chapter btw .D
xxTaintedLullabyxx chapter 19 . 9/23/2010
i really enjoyed this story. it was funny and serious at the same time though i did feel kinda bad for sweets but i like it anyways.
EstellaB chapter 19 . 9/9/2010
Okay, this is going to be kind of a mixed review. I think the story has a LOT of potential, and any story that gets Zack out of the looney bin gets a thumbs up from me. However, I can see places where you could do some work to make it a lot better.

Firstly, I know a lot of reviewers have said that Kat isn't a Mary Sue, but actually, if you think about it, she is. She is beautiful, socially well-adapted, breathtakingly intelligent, and saves the day with her tenacious belief in Zack. She's a well-written one, for sure. If she wasn't, I never would have made it past chapter three. I just think that she could be infused with a healthy dose of flaws, and still retain her charm. An example? Well, when she says that she "doesn't handle her emotions well", I just didn't believe it. She never got angry with Zack for what he did. No matter how rational she is, I think you would have done well to have an angry scene, or depict her coming to terms with the situation. Also, the miscarriage was just kinda thrown in. If she really had miscarried, and Zack's baby at that, you could have displayed more emotion on both sides. Guilt that she never told him? Confusion on his side-he was going to be a father, after all. However, I did find her to be quite a likable Mary Sue. I just think she needs a little "roughing up" around the edges.

The other major thing I noticed was the fact that some of the main characters slip out of character. Bones talking about fate, for example, jarred a little, even though Angela called her on it. And Hodgins' almost instant acceptance of Kat seems out of character with him-remember how nasty he was to the interns at the start of series four. I do like the fact that she moves in with him and Angela; it could have been depicted a little more realistically, that’s all. Also, I doubt that Zack would ever have sex and not use protection. Like, ever. He is hyper-rational, after all.

Now onto the things I liked (I told you there were loads)! Cam and Angela fussing over Kat like mother hens was cute, and I enjoyed Brennan’s involvement as well. Her frustration and their concern was really sweet-Kat’s role in getting Booth and Bones together was nice; if I picture Kat as Booth and Zack as Bones, their relationships do have some parallels.

I really liked Cam’s reaction to visiting Zack. I know a thing or two about visiting someone you love in a secure psych ward, and you nailed my reaction perfectly in the way you portrayed her. I certainly think that Cam is the most likely to react that way, particularly given her reaction in Pain in the Heart.

Your spelling and grammar are pretty good, which means that the story flows well. Also, I appreciated the way you addressed Zack’s shoddy arrest, and the fact that he was released without trial because he was so embarrassing to the FBI. That is certainly in keeping with the way it is portrayed (except Booth, naturally) in the show. I would have enjoyed reading about obstacles getting in Kat & Hodgins’ way, but you made a very believable case for his release. I really liked Sweets “redemption” as well.

Finally, I absolutely LOVE the fact that Zack didn’t instantly want to have sex with her after he got out. It was so... Zackish. Really, ridiculously perfect. I actually would have liked the story even if it had ended right there, although Sweets’ comeuppance was the cherry on the cake. Very nicely done.

Wow. Mammoth review! I hope you take everything together-I really enjoyed reading this, trust me. And, yay! Zack is back! Now, if only the producers had a similar idea...
kendall-merritt chapter 19 . 7/15/2010
kendall-merritt chapter 11 . 7/15/2010
AWWWWWWW! I LOVE THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH! I LOVE ZACK AND KAT IS SUCH A PERFECT MATCH FOR HIM! BRAVO!
BreeHime chapter 8 . 6/5/2010
XD Omgee, I laughed so very hard and sniffled a little at this chapter. [quote]'That's just how Canada is.' Sweets said knowingly. 'It's a strange place where they have no capital punishment and you can leave your coat on a pile on someone's bed, and know it won't get stolen.'[/unquote]

I love my Canada. Best country in the world, no offence if you happen to be from somewhere else :D But it is very true, isn't it? Every party like thing I've been to, just toss your coat in the bedroom and get it later haha.
themightyri chapter 19 . 4/23/2010