Reviews for In The Land Where Death Lays Slain
brandeee chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
This is beautiful- I was looking for fic with Rem and Misa because theirs is a relationship that fascinates me, and this was just what I was looking for. I loved the way you relate the glitter of Misa's personality to the glitter of a shinigami turning to dust.
Eflamma chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
That's absoluty brilliant! I loved it and I do agree with your Rem's characterization, her struggle within, her emotional issue. You wisely painted her complicated “initiation” to human feelings, step by step. She, always so rational, analyses herself and tries to find a cause, a meaning, the nature of these “absurd” , growing emotions. “Maybe it’s love, maybe it’s just Misa”: that’s the true ending of her inner search. Wonderful, enthralling, sad, sweet. Thank you, really. I hope you will read my comment.
keem chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
ahh i'm glad you wrote a rem-centric piece but she certainly doesn't get enough love from the fandom. i mean, people don't often see things from that side of the spectrum - all they obsess over is that she killed L, which is such a shame because she's a great and tragic character. and the fact that misa doesn't even seem to mourn her, on or off camera makes it all the more heart-breaking.

"Not Rem. Light. Light, who she has known for mere days, who has never promised to save her life, who has never crossed a bridge between reality and unreality to press a slender black-bound notebook into her hands." yes. YES. man isn't that just like a knife that TWISTS. poor rem :( but youve done a great job here, and the last few lines of the fic... wow, just wow.
crazyeightpianogal chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Wow! I'm stunned by your excellent characterization of Rem. Your insight into her relationship with Misa is also brilliant. I especially like the parts about Rem's reaction to Misa calling for Light, and her thoughts on the fact that she'd have to write Misa's name down someday. Keep up the good work!
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
REM! -squeals of joy-

And Blink 182! Ftw!

This was the best Remfic I've ever read, I do believe. I love the way you describe the contrast between Misa and most Shinigami and their barren world, Rem's protectiveness when Misa is bound and gagged, how Rem feels when it's Light that Misa's calling for.

And Gelus mentions are always a welcome mention to any fic.

"...even as non-existence started to eat at his limbs." I had to read that twice because it took me a moment to comprehend the win. That's a great image right thar.

Rem's description of Light was amazing. D:

"In the end, she does glitter, and maybe it’s love that does it. Maybe it’s just Misa.

Rem doesn’t know."

Oh, that ending was so perfect. As always, awesome job!
Star Jinin chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Wow. I never honestly saw the scenario like this before :O You never cease to amaze me, Bialy. Especially since I never really thought about the bond shinigami shared with the owner...

Great job!