Reviews for Alucard Gets Scrooged
The Night Whisperer chapter 5 . 3/13
Awww, this was such a cute ending! I hope for Walter's sake he ends up losing those chains because I think the poor butler has suffered enough.
The Night Whisperer chapter 4 . 3/13
Ah, so Alucard has found his last tether to humanity. *smirks* I always knew the Police Girl would be his salvation.
The Night Whisperer chapter 3 . 3/13
Seras really is an angel for putting up with Alucard's shit.
The Night Whisperer chapter 2 . 3/13
This was such a bittersweet moment between Alucard and Mina. You can really tell how much he cared for her and their son. I hope he realizes that God has indeed blessed him with a family of his own.
The Night Whisperer chapter 1 . 3/13
Who the hell does Alucard think he is!? He had no right to talk to Seras like that, especially since she has been holding her own for 30 years. That's right 30 years! And who watched over Integra for all those years? The Police Girl! So if anyone should be ashamed of themselves it should be him because he's the one who failed in protecting their master. *takes a few deep breaths to calm down* Okay, I know he only acted that way because he was in a bad mood, but that's no excuse for how he treated her.
Senile-felineS chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Good story. Interesting take on a tired concept to have the subject of the visitations be conscious of the fact that it is from A Christmas Carol.
Senile-felineS chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
One question, i've never read the manga, where i think mina is a character, but i've picked up bits and pieces that suggested that he resented mina, and if she's any way like the character in the book he would have good reason to. But you've made him seem very fond of her. Did i misunderstand their relationship or, if not, what is your reason for making them like that?
Azii chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
You've clearly done your Vlad Tepes research, and I am really glad you did! This makes for a more interesting narrative, I think. I also think it's okay for Alucard to have a child; he wasn't "turned" into a vampire by another vampire, but rather he became one by drinking the blood on the battlefield as he was being led to his execution. Hence, he need not have been a virgin.

Hey, can you read Greek? I'm pretty familiar with a lot of bible translations, but the one you're using to quote gospel material is unfamiliar to me and reads very much like a very close translation of Greek. I'm being elitist right now, I know, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

As for my real review: I know you're worried about fluff. I have a very sensitive fluff radar, and I generally cringe when it tends to drive characters to be OOC. That is not the case here; this chapter may be fluffy, but it would be a disservice to the original material (and to human nature even) if we did not understand that monsters are not born, they are created by their circumstances. Here you've captured perfectly something exquisitely heart-breaking - the man Alucard could have been under different circumstances. While we don't see his staggering propensity for violence, the fact that this propensity is so conspicuously absence is quite telling.
Azii chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This is a wonderful opening chapter. It is less tongue-in-cheek than I imagined it would be, but I like it (I'm not so into fluff). At any rate, I think what you've done in crossing Hellsing with Dickens is very clever. We know how Dickens's novel ends, and it seems to me that Alucard would be a prime target for "rehabilitation." Admittedly, I am a bit suspicious about the extent to which monsters of his caliber can be rehabilitated. I would be worried about this, but your Alucard is typically in character, so I fell like the rest of this piece will be executed flawlessly.

I'm exhausted tonight, and I ought to head to bed, but I'm considering reading the next chapter anyway because I love this opening so much.
PAMILA DE CASTRO chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
eu adorei, abra├žos
Avenging Neko chapter 5 . 6/19/2012
At first I thought this said 'count duckula' crossover or something like that. :P But then I read it anyways just for kicks.

It's pretty absurd, really, but still cute. Heh. Fluff overdose
Epidot chapter 5 . 2/23/2010
This story is worht reading, again and again. I must say that I really hated Walter's defection, even if it served as a great plot device. It's a nice way to give him forgivness.
BondSlave chapter 5 . 12/18/2009
Hahah Alucard needs to be updated on what words 'mean' in this day and age!

Gay Happy/homosexual

Fag cig/homosexual

etc etc etc.

haha. Great story!
BondSlave chapter 4 . 12/18/2009
AlucardxSeras centric huh?

Hmn I guess I sould ahve figured.

*sigh* cute none the less.
BondSlave chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
botched his accent? haha he does that enough himself.

At least I could understand him!

Anyway, I like this chapter-though I wish it weren't so short.