Reviews for Sarsaparilla for a Dandelion
AdrenalineRush16 chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Since my first review was stinkin' lousy, I decided it's high time I give you a real one. ;)

I really like this fic. I think it's just one of my favorites of your's and that's tough to say, because I like a lot of your stuff. I just love how you show Mush, through Blink. It's so heartbreaking the way Blink keeps coming back and giving Mush the sarsaparilla.

“I waited for ya,” he says. It’s the same thing he always says on this day—the same thing he would have said if he’d ever had the chance. “Sat at Tibby’s, sat there with your drink. I’d finished mine, ‘course, and I sat with your’s. I bought it, so it was only fair’s I got to take a sip before ya came. You was late…” His voice trails off, as if he suddenly hears the gruff age in the tone. Hears it and wonders whatever happened to him…

It has been eleven years, after all.

I think those lines kind of give a hint of how Blink found out about Mush's death and what he had been doing at the moment. It makes the reader wonder though; what caused Mush to die?

Ya know, the thought of Mush dying period is enough to make my eyes well up. (I know, what a sap!)

The dandelion thing is so cute. The last line is great. Stress, you never fail to wow me. :D I re-read this all the time.

Now was that a better review? ;) Heck yeah!
Bumlets girl chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
sad, but great!
Newsiefreak172 chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Excellent story. As always. :) I love Mush/Blink friendship stories, and this was just beautifully written. Wonderful plot, I think, too. This was just such a great story and I love how it flowed so perfectly. Again, wonderful job with this piece - I loved it.

Jordyn
MissRoman chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Awuh- I almost got teary-eyed there for a moment. ):

Gorgeous story and beautifully written, as usual.

MISSROMAN
AceCade chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
So, call me so, slow but the first part was what Mush was doing?

I loved this. So good and I feel so sorry for Blink and I can see this actually happening. But, I would like to know what really happened to Mush when he died. What was your idea?

-AceCade
GlowingGreenEyes chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
wow, that was really clever and touching!
CES5410 chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Wow, I loved this, just absolutly loved it! It's so beautiful and sad and touching and there just aren't enough adjectives in the world. Your storys are always brilliant, I really admire your work. I think I'm gonna go cry (for poor Mush cause he's gone, and Blink cause he's Mush-less)now...wow..
Laelyn24 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
What a beautiful piece of writing, sad though. I mean the imagery was fantastic, and the emotion was heart felt. And I absolutely loved every bit of it.

I think you captured the Blink/Mush friendship well.

Brilliant work!

*Laelyn
AdrenalineRush16 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
sits at computer, dumbfounded Stress has entered my contest. ...wow... I never thought I'd see the day. Honestly, I think I'm dreaming...stress, you're one of the biggest Newsie author's to me. I mean, each fandom has their own group of author's that are the big people, sometimes the oldest fans and usually the best writers. You're one of them for the Newsies fandom. And you just entered my contest. ...wow... :D You just made my day. This fic was great, but then, most of your's are...

...wow... :0

AdrenalineRush16
Pegasus M chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
This was just so poignantly sad and, because I'm having a bout of writer's block where I can't seem to communicate any coherent thought, I'm tempted to let one of these express how I felt reading this: :(

This was beautifully written. I love the imagery right at the end, it just tugs at your heart. And the last line is a brilliant touch.

I love the title, too. I'm apparently uneducated and had no idea what a Sarsaparilla was but I looked it up!
Rae Kelly chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Very well written darling. I should write a Mush chapter for Lasting Legacy.