Reviews for The Sound of Wings
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 3/22
This is...

*chocked between laugh and tears*

...I would not call it sad ! Because this is... was Bittersweet that end up Tragically Beautiful !
(and I'm not sure if I used the right words)

Wonderful !

at least Steve and Tony end up together in After Life ! Loving Each Other !
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
I first read this story in, oh, 2009? I'm so glad I managed to find it again. One of my absolute favourite steve/tony fics of all time. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Absolutely worth the tears
JustAwesomeIX chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
Utterly beautiful, definitely deserves more recognition.
Scifiroots chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Oh dear lord I am so grateful I didn't read this in the kitchen. I moved to my bedroom before reading and that's probably good because my face is wet from tears and that would have been awkward if my roommate came out and say me crying.
Madarao The Authoress chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Oh my god. This was so beautiful and sad. I cried because poor Tony and poor Steve, but their reunion was lovely.

Damn bastards, treating Tony the way they did.
Little Sachi chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Oh my god, that was so utterly SAD. I want to cry. It's that good. It's amazing, inspirational, and I can't wait to read the prequel.
Darkness' Forbidden Scribe chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I cried. Oh my god, this is so sad, I hate what happened to Tony, and Steve was watching all of it, but was helpless and could do nothing...

I just. You did an amazing job. I love that, at the end, Death said to Tony what all of us already knew. That he was a good man, even though he himself doubted that over and over again.

Great job.
A. Zap chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Oh my God... So sad, but strangely wonderful.
Athina Dark-Angel of Death chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
very touching. i loved it
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Hi. I know you probably don't check much anymore, but I just wanted to say thanks. For the Nine Broken Mirrors, which still makes me cry every time I read it, and which is one of the best AUs out there in my opinion. And of course, thanks for this fic, which I read soon after it came out, having no idea about Sandman or Avengers, but reading it because the tagline was so gripping. Thanks, for introducing me to two of the most amazing fandoms, and by indirectly getting me to read Good Omens, which leads to Terry Pratchett, and on it goes. Thanks, for this wonderfully poignant piece that makes me cry to this day (common theme with me, yeah?) and for writing. Best wishes.
starkspangly chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I'm fighting tears so hard right now. Oh my God, brilliant.
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
OK, this is one of the most beautiful Avengers fics out there - it made me cry!
shireoki chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
My favorite part:

"Don't talk!" Peter wrings his hands, "You're not supposed to talk when you're bleeding all over the place!"

"Don't…" Tony tries to breathe, but can't get enough, wheezes, "-care. Ready."

"Ready for-"

Tony spasms, once, twice as Hank starts shouting that damn him, he doesn't get to die, Jessica wrapping her arms around herself, and there is the beating of wings as he relaxes into a sleep more final that any he has had before.

And then his skin is there, solid and warm and yielding, beneath Steve's fingers, and Steve can't stop the tears.

"Steven?"

Steve's world stutters to a halt.

Not Tony's voice.

Thor's.

He looks up and a hundred stunned gazes meet his.

"Cap, oh my God!" Hank is practically hyperventilating, and Luke's gone pale. Even Thor looks shaken.

"Why are you here? What's going-"

And they all fall silent as he looks down at Tony, pale and open-eyed and bloodied like a martyr, brushes his thumb over a cooling cheekbone, his mouth twisting in a smile painful with love, and looks back up at them.

He has been given this chance, and he knows what to say, has known all along. His voice is sure and strong.

"He didn't deserve this."

They do not- cannot- meet his eyes.

He lays Tony's head on the ground, closes his eyes with his palm, stands, and feels himself fade.

"Steve-" they begin shouting for him to come back, to talk to them, but he has no ears or eyes for them.

Only for Tony.

Tony stands barefoot in holey jeans and a grease-stained white wifebeater, thumbs hooked in his belt loops, staring down at his body with bemusement. He is tall and strong and everything Steve loved.

"Tony," he says.

Tony spins, gazes at him, his eyes wide, and he- finally, finally- laughs, breaks into a run, and they meet in the middle, arms around each other, hugging, and Steve scatters kisses over Tony's face, and their tears mingle between them as Tony mutters Steve's name over and over beneath his breath, hands ranging under the shroud, Steve's hands sliding beneath the wifebeater, feeling muscle-actual muscle-flex against his fingers.
shireoki chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
You made me cry... so i was hearing sad songs while reading this fic cuz i thought it was appropriate...
kaylainthetardis chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
This fic literally had me blubbering for like an hour after I read it. It was amazing, and just ARGH MY FEELS