Reviews for Will of the Rurouni
Mirajane92 chapter 2 . 6/22/2016
So Kenshin is a schizophrenic with a split personality?
Blunablue chapter 10 . 5/16/2008
A dark and serious story out of Kenshins wandering days. The ending is dark and frustrating, but nevertheless kenshin finds the strengh to carry on and maybe that is the spark of hope in the whole story. To continue though he has little hope to ever controll the darkness in him.

I like the storyline and Toshihiro was an interesting OC. The other assassing missed some deepness, you could have shown his motives more - but as this fic concentrates more on Kenshin and his inner personalities, it's not really necessary.

About the thing with Kenshin being the rurouni-person and the battousai-person: I agree with you that the war indeed divided his personality like extreme situations of shock or trauma do often to people.

What about writing a new storie soon?
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 10 . 5/7/2008
Saw this one on a few favorites lists and thought I'd give it a shot.

While I'm not a huge fan of the 'Kenshin has a split personality disorder' genre, I found the story to be well worth reading. The characterizations were very good. The OCs were believable, and likable (except for Akusura - what a psycho!) and interesting in their own rights.

The ending was a tad more ambiguous than I'd hoped for, yet it was appropriate for the time line. If the story had been set towards the end of Kenshin's wandering years instead of the beginning I'd expect more of a triumph of rurouni persona over hitokiri persona, but considering Kenshin is just starting out on his journeys, the ending made sense.

Good story.
Randa-Chan chapter 10 . 4/30/2007
Hmm, very interesting my friend. I've learned a lot about your version of Kenshin and I must admit that I really enjoyed the ride. It's always nice to see how other people view Kenshin although I am getting a little sick of the old 'Himura Kenshin' and 'Himura the Battousai' are two separate people in one body. I kinda think Kenshin just has a really long fuse and it takes a lot to make him angry but when he gets furious that's when the Battousai comes out.

Anyway, that's just what I think. Nice job and I was glad to hear that Kenshin learned some valuable lessons about himself. Looking forward to more from you in future!

Cheerio!

Love Randa-Chan*

P.S. This story definitely deserves more reviews. For shame on those who read and don't comment. I'm definitely getting a little tired of it myself.
Randa-Chan chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Very good beginning chapter! I really enjoyed it and I liked Kenshin's reflections upon himself. Don't think Kenshin ever enjoyed killing even in his darkest moments as Battousai; that was just something he did because he wanted to protect people with his sword. Still, that's just my opinion and it makes no difference to your story.

Anyway, onto the next chapter!

Love Randa-Chan*
RK Otaku chapter 10 . 2/27/2006
Wonderful descriptions... they weave a tapestry aound the reader. So close that you can feel the joy of the characters, share their pain. Thanks a lot for sharing this story.

What other stories have you planned? Do let me know!
avidgokufan chapter 10 . 4/26/2005
This was a very good story. I enjoyed the plot line and the fact that you finished it. It was very exciting and well-written. Thank you.
skenshingumi chapter 10 . 3/4/2005
Great story! I hope you have more in the series. Also, I hope you are still writing fanfiction!
skenshingumi chapter 9 . 3/4/2005
Very tight chapter. Your idea of Kenshin so early in his wandering having to revert to a life of shadows especailly while he is weak from sickness is very well articulated. You really give a sense of the inner tension and the nearness of the nightmarish life. Also, I like how you make it clear that the darkness that is being drawn out is worse than he ever was as a hitokiri.
skenshingumi chapter 8 . 3/4/2005
When Kenshin is thinking that he can involve no one else, all I could think of was that you really give a good sense of his isolation, his fear that getting close to anyone will put them in mortal danger. Somehow, this really struck me in this chapter. I kept thinking how much jinchu would destroy Kenshin when you feel the suffering he went through in these wandering years.
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 3/4/2005
Poor Rurouni, poor doctor, great story.

Why don't you have more reviews? I think this story was posted before the full word on RuroKen got out. I am adding it to my favorites. I hope others see it.
skenshingumi chapter 6 . 3/4/2005
I am not sure if this dream is a falshback, false memory or just a nightmare. I hope the next chapter will reveal the truth.
skenshingumi chapter 5 . 3/4/2005
Very suspenseful.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 3/4/2005
Great scene where Kenshin breaks down and Matsuka consoles him.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 3/4/2005
Greatly absorbing. The part where he thinks back to the people he tried to help turning on him really gives you a sense of his isolation. Also, I loved the sweet part with the child hugging him and saying "all better".
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »