Reviews for No Matter What the Storybooks Say
RockAndAHardPlace chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Oh my goodness that was so beautiful! Humperdink is portrayed in the movie as being fairly two dimensional; I love this exploration of character! Thank you so much for posting!
ladissonance chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
YAY! There needs to be so much more Princess Bride slash. Or preslash, or unrequited slash, or whatever. Humperdinck and Rugen were perfect here! *g*
assassinerblue chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Oh my. That was absolutely perfect. Definitely a favorite of mien that I will read many times over! Wonderfully written, you kept them so in character :).
Pirae chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
This was extremely well written. I believe that you captured the characters very well. It is a skillfully rounded piece. Good going!
WOLF chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I HUMPERDINK.
UnseenCharacters chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
...now how had I missed this piece? Beautifully written, and wonderfully plausible.

I'm really starting to like this pairing. There seem to have been some import issues, where there are full stops where I would expect an elipsis, and a couple of formatting issues, but the piece itself is wonderful.

I see some people have asked about a Westley/Inigo pairing, though and... quite frankly you people break my brain. I'd love to see it done convincingly, but what with the whole True Love thing, I can't see it working.
PrincessDesire chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
It was such a surprising pairing. For some reason it seems to work. Being that this is the first HumperdinckxRugen I've ever read, it might be them as a couple or just your writing. I think it might be the latter because you write very well.
isidore131 chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
So beautiful. This is fast becoming a favourite pairing!
Charcoal Hearts chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Great description. I loved the way you portrayed Prince Humperdink's thoughts. Fantastic ending line!
Kadorienne chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Aw. Angst! UST! My favorites!
LegalanGreenleaf chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
*cheers* Yes! A PB slash that works! Luv ya for writing it, and making my cold, snowy day brighter!
Lokai chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
applauds Bravo. This is beautifully written; the characterization is perfect. I love a slash fic that makes the pairing so plausible. I could go on, but it seems there are plenty of other people finding better words with which to praise you than I can. _
Hello my name is Inigo Montoya chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
Wonderfully written... Any more coming? I would love to see a Westley/Inigo story..*hint hint*... (ok, so I've got a sick mind...)
Veleda chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
Seeing as how "The Princess Bride" is one of my favorite movies; it was nice to find such a well written fic. The tone felt cold and logical. The things these characters try so hard to be.
Lelattha chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
OOH! THAT WAS SO GOOD!

I really liked that (obviously). It's a really good look at what Humperdink might have been like from his own point of view. I especially liked the part about how he was thinking about how methodical Count Rugen was so methodical about everything, and how that terrified him. The last sentence is also really good-makes a good tie-in with the rest of the story. You are the COOLEST! GO SLASH!