Reviews for A Midnight Clear
Asukachan07 chapter 11 . 12/2/2016
Aww, that was such a great Christmas fic, and here I am reading it almost 8 years later!
This fic was amazing, mostly because it was so believable. Great job at finding an explanation for Sam's transfer to area 51, because at the time I really couldn’t get why she wasn't en route to Atlantis with Daniel. Surely ancient technology fascinated her as much as the culture fascinated Daniel. These two were such a great match, it will forever be a shame that they didn't at least stay very close friends until the end.
Thank you so much for not making Vala a vindictive scorned woman. I got scared for a minute in chapter 8 but I quickly realized that she was in character throwing a tantrum. Dissing the character who's in the way of your OTP is so immature and for the reader it spoils the pleasure of seeing your ship finally sail. I'm so glad that you didn't go there.
The pseudo group therapy prompted by Cam was sweet, very in character for him though I was still (positively) surprised by it. The whole fic just had a very mature tone to it. Talking things out is what adults are supposed to do, especially when they're in such a close-knit group. And there lies another flaw of the post-Goa'uld seasons of SG1: with the exception of a few Daniel/Vala scenes, SG1 lacked that level of maturity, which makes sense because it was mostly Sam and Daniel talking their problems out for most of the series. Everything was about criticizing the Ori and people's blind faith in them, it got boring very fast (I also didn’t quite like the heavy Arthurian legend theme, which paled in originality compared to the sci-fi interpretation of Egyptian/Greek and Norse mythology).
Thank you for the great read, I'm not sure if you still check your reviews but I wish you a merry holiday season!
Dreamer22 chapter 11 . 8/21/2010
I love it! terrific job!
milkywaymidnight chapter 11 . 9/20/2009
Awe such a sweet story! I really enjoyed the wumping part. I can so see Teal'c enjoying it on the ! But the best part was that Sam and Daniel got together. I could never ever see the Daniel/Vala or Sam/Jack thing lasting very long. They're just too different and could never really connect with each other the way Sam and Daniel do. Plus they're too cute together. Who could not love them?
marjan chapter 5 . 5/28/2009
come on, do your reachech, sinterklaas an crismas are NOT the same, they are both celebrathed in December but that is all,
pstibbons chapter 10 . 4/21/2009
It's still unclear what worth Vala has.
pstibbons chapter 6 . 4/21/2009
Nice confrontations here.
WhiteElfElder chapter 11 . 12/22/2008
Very sweet and touching ending.
Whirlwind421 chapter 11 . 12/20/2008
Good story. I really liked chapter 9.
nexis44 chapter 11 . 12/19/2008
sequal pls? ty for all of the hard work and time that you put into this great story
Eventhorizon7 chapter 11 . 12/19/2008
That was such a great story. You did the challenge proud. Nice to see that the band is still together at the end as you had me worried for a while there. It was nicely thought out and nicely paced, with lots of angst and drama.

Well done.
Alys5 chapter 11 . 12/19/2008
I don't usually ship Sam/Daniel but this was a fun story with a happy ending which I like.
drgemini86 chapter 11 . 12/19/2008
Oh! It's the end? Gosh. And what a lovely ending too! Can't believe it's done though. Such a brilliant story. I really like how you've strengthened the developing ties from the last chapter. These guys are one heck of a family.

Ha. Poor Vala. I wonder how strong Irish Cream is 'cos I always imagined her to be quite tolerant to Earth alcohol seeing as perhaps what she was accustomed to, bearing in mind she was involved in the seedy underbelly of the universe, could have been very strong perhaps. Hehe. Cam's got some scrubbing to do the next morning. :D

Oh yeah, and poor Cam for having to be on vomit-watch. ;o)

Those guys playing Monopoly was so funny... and everyone getting whacked, lol. T must've enjoyed that especially.

Aww... lol, I bet Daniel can't wait to take Sam home... lmao. They're just so cute together. I really like how they've found in each other what they've been missing in their lives before now. So sweet.

Loving this. Thanks for such a great story - can't wait to read more from you!

: )
J.Stone chapter 11 . 12/18/2008
No smut, but I still liked it. Thanks

John Stone
HAZMOT chapter 11 . 12/18/2008
I'm glad the SG1 is a family again, and it was all worth it to get along and play nice. Teal'c has his adopted family of friends, Vala is ok, with Daniel and Sam. Cam is just ok having his teammates back and having fun with his friends, and Sam and Daniel, well their future looks bright on Christmas. All we need is the eight tiny reindeers at that man in Red. hohoho. :D
jodiesto chapter 11 . 12/18/2008
Thank you for your wonderful story. It was a nice Holiday Journey. Have a Joyous Christmas Season.