Reviews for Don't Bite the Sun
4Helia chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
My STANDING OVATIONS for your amazing story! It's better than most of my books. The atmosphere is just as dark and "destroyed" as in the movie, the characters are brilliantly portrayed (so brilliantly that you managed to clarify how irreplaceable Creedy is for Quinn (and reverse) in only a few paragraphs (Having watched the movie many a times I never really discovered this important interrelationship ... stupid me ;-)

And RIO is absolutely amazing. I honestly adore her. Too sad you abandoned the story. Is there really no way to encourage you to continue this story? ...
33rdBlackbird chapter 6 . 5/22/2009
This is great stuff - you really caught the feel of the characters Quinn and Creedy. I hope you write more.
Bellicose chapter 6 . 2/12/2009
This is cute so far, I really like it.
TravelingThroughTime chapter 6 . 1/26/2009
WOOHOO! Another terrific chapter! It was amazing! Once again, a job well done my friend. You truly are one of the masters of story telling and characterization!
TravelingThroughTime chapter 5 . 1/7/2009
The timeline and ages are a perfect idea, Devi. I think it works perfectly for the story. It's good also that you care enough to put that detail in here.

Can I just say that the convo between Creedy and Michael (like all the convos between the characters) was so in depth and visionable just like something they'd actually do and say in the film? And the way Creedy reflected on the sky during that scene...I loved it. You really animate the characters and their surrounding well in your descriptions. You're a talented writer.

And wow! Rio's opening scene and everything said and done... what characterization...-The words spread out into the night and became part of it. - Perfect! haha!

They're chemistry is so pleasant. I could even see Rio as a character in the movie. That's how real she is to me.

I loved this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next! Keep up the pro work!

~T
Lamminator chapter 5 . 1/6/2009
Aww. I loved it. The (short) quality time together seems to be strenghtening their friendship (or more...?). I liked Creedy's "wanna thumb wrestle" question. That would be great to see in later chapters.

Unti lnext time:

ROCK ON!
Lamminator chapter 4 . 1/5/2009
It's a good few chapters. I'm interested in how you continue with this. It seems like there could be some sort of Quinn/Creedy/Rio 'love triangle' happening at some point...or I could just be reading into it too much. lol.

Until you update:

ROCK ON!
TravelingThroughTime chapter 4 . 12/24/2008
Awesome chapter! I can't tell you how excited I was to get the update alert in my email today! YAY! This chapter was well worth the wait! But try not to take too long with the following chapters if you can help it! lol.

Everyone's still one hundred percent in character...Quinn, Creedy, Jared and everyone! And Rio is still amazing. I love her personality. She's such a realistic person and so full of warmth and care, yet she's as strong as steal and cautious all the while.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
TravelingThroughTime chapter 3 . 12/16/2008
Perfect! You captured Quinn perfectly! I love it! I can't wait for chapter 4! Im anxious to see what Rio can do for Jared and what happens with that. This is one of the best Creedy/OC stories I've read. You just bring the characters to life and you also bring in new characters that fit in perfectly. Rio is so believable. I love it! It was perfect!
TravelingThroughTime chapter 2 . 12/11/2008
Wow! Remarkable! Absolutely amazing! I am so astonished by the creativity here, the good grammar and excellent descriptions. And to top it off, the characterization is incridible!

I love this and I do encourage you to continue. I could see it all playing out in my head just like a prequal to the actual movie. And I love Rona. She's awesome and I adore her name. I like the nickname Rio, but I love Rona...beautiful and fitting of her.

You capture Creedy well. I can see him reacting to all of this as you describe. The only thing I'm anxious to see is my own favorite character Quinn. haha.

There's a couple of things I caught in chapter 2; some minor grammar mistakes you may want to look at later:

She looked away. "I'm fine. My back hurt, that's all." hurt should be hurts.

Then on the fourth paragraph down from this sentence, you mispelled a word by leaving out a letter:

...Taking greater care to "respct" the injury... may want to fix that.

Anyway, I'm adding it to my alerts and favorites. I really do hope you'll add the next chapter soon. This story is awesome. I love it!