Reviews for Commiseration
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Great and refreshingly non-2D piece. I'm not sure wether she would say some of these things out loud or not, but with the flow of the story/text/inner monologues, it doesn't seem too far off the mark.
There was some proper depht there in the musings on leadership in Thrall's part, in ways that make sense with his later, perhaps nonideal decisions, from another angle than what I'd previously considered.

He did markedly show her respect when they retook her throneroom. So I guess it was interesting that you did something with that.
sarista wow chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
This was brilliant, a great take on both characters and their interactions feels so powerful and natural.
Aronim chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
This was a good read, even if there is a little OC at times. On the other hand, the leaders need to be people at times too so good job.

One thing I'd mention though: I think you should only write I'm sorry once. It would have more weight if you just had the last "I'm sorry". That way you don't seem so repetitive and it seems to have more pay-off because the reader is told that Sylvie makes a decision and then has to wonder what that is for a paragraph.

Good job overall, I really like the idea of Thrall and Sylvie as actual friends.
1Past and Present1 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Absolutely stunning. Sylvanas and Thrall were spot-on and their dialogue was deep, funny, and cute all at once. I love how you managed to hint at something fluffy at the very end while STILL somehow keeping them in character throughout, and to be honest, Sylvanas was actually quite pleasant in your fanfic (for a change - she really is an awesome character with more than 'cunning bitchlady' to call her personality). And the way you word things... Wow. Just Wow.

Welcome to my Favourites list, Rowan.

God bless

-1Past and Present1-
Hordeguy chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Love it great interaction great future direction (which I much prefer to the actual direction Blizzard is taking the horde in Cata seriously the Orcs and Forsaken become comically evil again) touching too I hope to read more of your stuff in the future.
cleon24769 chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
We need more Thrall & Sylvanas, dammit!
Weiila chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
It's taken me quite a while to review this, and I'm sorry about that. Am I sounding like a broken record yet? ;)

Anyway, beautifully written with a thoughtful narrative and a great understanding of the issues for the characters and the world at large over what the Battle for the Undercity actually means. Nice that you ended it on a lighter note too, after all the anger and hopelessness it started with.

Also your authors note about hot dates made me laugh. It's too bad that you're moving away from the fandom, but I hope you'll still be peeking in to read and write again :) I've reread your humor pieces now and again because they're just that funny.
X59 chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
This is one really good and I liked how you pointed that the bonds of the brotherhood developed over time between the Forsaken and the rest of the horde.

The whole thing was just fantastic, I can tell you right now the Battle for the Undercity is the main questline im looking forward to do in Wotlk.

Sylvie... thats pretty funny.

Again this is really good and I just loved how you portrayed Sylvanas, I feel that you really captured her true spirit.

Varimathras... I think we had a vague idea that he wasn't alive when it was discovered the leader of the scarlet crusade was Balnazzar...

Well once again this a just an epic and awesome story..

night...

-laterz
madpostman chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
...This was beautiful. Usually when people write about Thrall and Sylvanna's interactions (which are few), it's always formal, to the point, and retains the underlying suspicion. Your fic transcends that and has brought a new and awesome perspective on their relationship. And after the recent happenings at Undercity, I can definitely see a much integrated union btw the Horde and Forsaken.

Again, a superb and thoughtful fic.
Escalus chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Escalus is my profile name if you do ever want to send me a message.

I liked this, most particularly the characterisation. The only thing I'd suggest you work on is the wordy-ness. It was a bit clumsy too. And as to the inconsistencies...oh goodness, yes.