Reviews for That Old House
My
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2019
Gl
midnightnme chapter 41 . 11/20/2019
one of the most beautiful stories I have had the pleasure of reading. great job.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/15/2019
Nice ac
ConstructiveRomance chapter 41 . 10/6/2019
A truly heart-warming story. I think all of the kids spoke and acted a little too maturely for their age, but it was still a great read nonetheless. THe pace was perhaps a little unrealistic, everything developing within a year, but easy to overlook. Last mild critique-but-not-really-critique, you have a mild tendency for the usual boy/girl stereotypes with the kids.

Anyway, it does little do dampen the joy of the story.

You have an excellent way with characterisations and making us fall in love with characters. I would never expect a fanfic to make me fall in love with SEVEN new characters, but you did exactly that and it was so lovely to read. They're all such distinctly different people, too. I found myself thinking from chapter to chapter that 'no, this is my favourite child' and changing my mind each time I learned mre and honestly I still don't know which is my favourite, they're all fantastic.

Question, what was the plan for any more children that arrived at St. Mungo's?

Harry/Hermione's relationship was also nice. I'm not a fan of the whole immediate-marriage-waiting-for-marriage stuff but you write it well.

LOVED Ginny and Ron. You balanced their annoying qualities with their lovable loyalty in a great way. I would have liked to see more Luna, especially scenes between she and Dusty - both of them see things others don't.

Interesting that they're going to take Teddy in, too. EIGHT kids and probably a biological one is wild.. I wonder can you really know and look after that many kids as well as work?

Anyway. What a mean to say is thank you for this story, it is terribly endearing and lovely and heartwarming. It's always lovely to see children be loved and cared for.

Thank you!
CR.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/29/2019
im very confused
joerandom chapter 41 . 9/19/2019
A REVIEW FOR POTENTIAL READERS:
This has got to be one of the most beautiful Harry Potter stories on this site. I have read many thousands of HP stories and I think this rates among the very best. Amazing talent! The depth of emotion expressed by the characters is breathtaking. A truly unique plot, one that I have not seen anything like it before (yes, I'm jealous). The pacing may seem a little slow but that is only because you are caught up in the impatience that the characters feel themselves, which is a reflection of the skill of the author. But there is nothing that should be cut to speed up this story.

I encourage everyone to press through the difficulties with that tricky problem of ATTRIBUTION! (To be read with the same tone as CONSTANT VIGILANCE!) The proper attribution (the identification of who is speaking and the point at which attention moves from one character to the next) is subtle and tricky to make a clear smooth flow and not be boring and repetitive. And anyone who complains about spelling errors obviously hasn't written anything yet, so you can discount those boorish reviews. Of all the things to worry about when writing a story (character, plot, pacing, flow, continuity), spelling is one of the least important things to waste energy on; yes, it is important (i.e. visible) but it is by no means sufficient to make a good story. And for reviewers to gripe about it is to display a lack of grace, understanding, and maturity that is, in my view, disqualifying.

Read this story and watch closely and learn the subtlety of 'emotional depth', of tightly defined characters and their complex interactions, of conflict and the resulting character development, of truly beautiful descriptions of scene and background, of the flow and *focus* in this story. I will be, again and again. It is truly beautiful.
takingflight4 chapter 41 . 9/11/2019
This story was everything you wanted it to be. Truly a beautiful piece.

Thank you for this love and heartfelt journey which portrayed the human condition so beautifully.

I LOVED IT. Thank you
pianomouse chapter 41 . 8/27/2019
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story with us. You have a talent with words that brings me into the story and makes me never want to leave. This reminds me of how I felt reading Jo’s Boys by Louisa May Alcott. The love that they felt for their children was wonderful. Thank you again.
BaddieDZ2 chapter 28 . 3/19/2019
Can't forget that forced in drama in an HP fanfic, can we?

Jesus, that broke the whole flow of the chapter in like three paragraphs.

'Oh me oh my, I know Hermione has Healer classes, takes care of seven kids, and has her own things she has to do. Sod all that though, let me 'conveniently' forget about all of that, and just sign her up to teach too!'
Guest chapter 5 . 10/17/2018
Good
sanjh.urs chapter 37 . 9/20/2018
I truly loved this chapter, the way you outlined their individual fears and insecurities. I loved Ben and Hermione's letters.
Just a point to mention, it would be good if you could have some separation between the different scenes. Say between the scene at the cottage and Hogwarts, you could put in a line or such. Just my thought..
Keep up the good work