Reviews for Scrawled Ink
suspensegirl chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Wow. That was gorgeous...and your explanation at the end totally brought everything together for me. wow. Just...just beautiful. I love it. And I think you're totally right...even if I did die at the end of the eppy when Blair was in tears. ;p
tallyho chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I loved this!
D R O W N-I N-S E Q U I N S chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Oh wow I'm really happy you sent me the link to this.

It' and it truly does perfectly describ and everything they are.

If you want to add my little dribblet to this or a link feel free but it deff isn't up to your level of excellence so I'd be truly honored. :)

XOXO

Bonnie.
Brookebynature chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
You are SO right. I couldn't cry at that eppisode because I knew that it wasn't right. I knew he was going to go to her room for comfort and that she would give it to him, but I'm kinda glad he left because as you said, he needs to self-destruct before he can reclaim himself, and then reclaim them. I'mwishing Blair hadn't told him she loved him...but then it wouldn't be torture for us to watch would it? haha.

Great job, I really loved this because of the no dialogue. It was simple and sweet but not overly-so. Really well done :)

Gracie x
truglasgowgal chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Absolute love.

As per ;)

This was so in keeping with Chuck’s character, and the show and it was just brilliance - complete and utter brilliance.

I loved the symmetry of it all. The style with which you wrote it fit perfectly with what you were trying to convey, and it all flowed perfectly.

Basically, I loved it.

On another note, I did like your explanation - I read it on LJ (I have an account, but tbh, don't have a clue how to use it so never do :) ) - and thought you conveyed your points flawlessly in this fic.

I'm sort of hoping to see a bit of a return to S1 C/B, with more of the snarkyness and whatnot. I love them tog. no matter what, and in S2, don't get me wrong, and their intense-ness only serves to heighten the point that what they feel for one another runs deeper than most could ever assume; but I miss some of the playfulness and banter of S1.

I do agree though, that sometimes you have to do certain things on your own, and for Chuck this is one of those things. He will probably hurt her no matter what, because she loves him and so whatever he does to try and numb the pain (and let's be honest in Chuck terms this'll most likely be drink, drugs and women) she'll hurt as a byproduct; but he tries to minimise this by keeping her separate. And nobody could really fault him for that.

The point to note is indeed that he recognised that she does indeed love him and that she is going to be there for him, and he acted on this. He realised that her (their) love is real, and whether ‘together’ or not: they make it real.

I loved your breakdown of Chuck and Blair and how you portrayed all of this in your fic and kept it so true to them and the show – as always ;)

Once again, amazing writing and another wonderfully crafted piece.

Well done.

Steph

x
puresimplicity-xo chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I really liked the pattern to this, how you ended each of the paragraphs along the lines of: 'They never...'

The alliteration was also very effective.

I agree with you that he needs to go back to being 'him' before they can be 'them'.

s2 xoxo
Supernovae chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Aww, well written. It made sense that every statement was a denial of what they have become even if we as the reader get a gooey feeling in our stomachs at the sentimentality of it all. And this is very much in line with Chuck's way of thinking. I really enjoyed reading this.
JenCort81 chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Catching up on all my fics. Lynnie this was amazing. Just beautifully poignant and the note...very true ;)
anna chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
beautiful.
YouSure chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
If I wasn't crying before about 2.13 I most def. am crying now! I loved it at the same time didn't want to read the end... they have to be together otherwise I'll be completely shattered! Wondeful writing, hope you continue! :)
Princess Persephone chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Ah! So wonderful! I totally agree! even though it's so sad... :(
lovetaker101 chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I completely agree with you. Blair shouldn't have to deal with Chuck while he's self destructing, even if she wants to. It would probably just hurt their relationship in the end and it's really good of Chuck to see that and let her go while he tries to get over Bart's death. Of course, I still cried like a baby when Blair woke up alone, but I can sort of see where Chuck's coming from and I can't be too mad at him.

This story was so beautiful. I loved the style and the flow of it. It was really powerful. And you wrote it so fast! Impressive.
bluestriker666 chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I AGREE WITH U THERE IN YOUR A/N...THAT WAS LOVELY...
ArtemisCharmed chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I agree that he needed to leave. I never really complain about them separating because THEY have a reason, unlike everyone else.

I love the negatives in this piece. I think it'd make me cry even if I wasn't already crying. I think you captured that scene/those scenes brilliantly.
x.imagine.x chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I was really mad at that ending, but the way you explain it makes perfect sense. i don't think i'm mad anymore. it was beautifully written.