Reviews for In Which Things Begin
Yumi Merri chapter 1 . 1/15
It was so good that I frown when it ended. I wish you did a sequel of the courtship, it would be interesting to see the Dwarven traditions and Elfish ones too.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
I would love if you show'd their courtship! I bet it'd be amazing!
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Over the years I have read this story a few times.
Nevre was I able to write a review, as I was never sure how to feel about this. However, I suppose you do deserve one, so here I am now.

I certainly am able to compliment you on your wrting style. It matches that of the original, and both Legolas and Gimli act fully in character, despite - or because, depending on ones view - of those feelings diffrent from the great love that you can feel only for the closest of friends.
I will be honest, I am not sure what I feel on this matter. However, I can see no fault in the story itself and nothing strange that would make these events unlikely.
Thus I say to you: Well done D
Anon chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I loved this story, it is well put together and written so well and it has made me happy reading it :3 I cannot think of any criticisms, so carry this story on? Pretty please? It has such a lovely story line and I love your writing style and I'll give you a virtual cookie if you do? :D Much love 3
CatWesker chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
So beautiful...! It's so sweet and adorable at the same time! I could imagine Gimli's nervousness and courage. Would love to actually read more if there's a continuation...!
Tawariell Saerwen chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
This was a brilliant read and it was written so beautifully!
oOoiAMyourFATHAHoOo chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
very well written. The charactors were completely in charactor;)
Peya Luna chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
a nice beginning indeed, alas i would love to see the outcome and whatever may happen between! in other words: sequel, please!
00000909000000 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I loved this the dialogue was great sounded like it came out of the book! It made me sad when I got to the end and there was no more. Thanks for a great little story!
star-breaker990 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
This is an unusual, but completely adorable little fan fic!

I like how you kept Legolas and Gimli in character all the way through!

:-D
Anna chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
It was SO beautifully written, and adorable! :D

I just found one small error:

"Thus did Gimli son of Gloin began his courtship..."

I believe it should be, "Thus did Gimli son of Gloin BEGIN his courtship..."
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
I love this story. The dialogue is especially good, it's tough to try and imitate Tolkein's style without coming off as forced but I think you've done well. I could actually envision this as a scene in the books, and it's so sweet. If you were ever to write a followup I'd read it with great interest, but I have to admit this story already feels complete in its own way.
SkyprevMES chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I can't recall how often I have read your story, but I know each time I have been struck by how lovely, and perfectly in tune your words are. I can hear the voices of the characters so clearly, you have them just right. It would be so wonderful if you would write something more in the genre, you capture the story well.
Slothy Girl chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I know this is a one-shot but, you know... you could turn this into a chappie story, it ends in just the right way that it could be a oneshot or the first chappie of a chapter story... just wanted you to know... I love this story though, it's almost exactly like a continuation of the story! Love it so much!
bellefantastique chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I love!

Truly loyal to the context and the characters! Bravo!