Reviews for Of Aztec Gold and Mistletoe
Zenappa chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Omg soooooooooooo cute :) loves it!
Bloodsired chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
The Dream was so majestic and humorous with that dog, snow and the ball.

*start singing* "I saw Hector kissing Madelaine underneath the mistletoe.." _
Squeaky chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
That was great, nytd- really sweet, too. Of course Barbossa would have to go through all those stupid things like dogs and boys to get to Madeline- I found it very entertaining. I loved her Christmas present, too. It makes sense.

Thanks for sharing!

~Squeaks
dancelikeyoujustdontcare chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Love it!
Tarlea chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Oh, so sweet. So I love the way that Barbossa can only feel things in his dreams, but that he feels them there so intensely, and thathe ends up feeling more the bad than the good. Many giggles about the standoff with the dog-our Hector is far to eager to pull out that pistol, lol.

I also love that May knows where the coin is and leads him. Also, the fact that Ragetti is there to hear him speak of "her" ties in with the comment from A Rose Among the Thorns. Love it.

A lovely glimpse into those years of longing for our dear Captain.
Miria chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Brilliant! :) I especially loved all the problems he had while watching through the windows. The icy patch, the snow, the dog and the kid with the ball. :D And his hat! Making appearances again. :) I love the hat.
Rory4 chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
I loved this story, and how May directed Barbossa upon the right course in his dream. That was awesome, to put it eloquently! I love the way you described the way he felt, being under that curse. Before reading your stuff, I never gave much thought to how the crew must have been missing being able to feel...anything. I mean, I got it that they hated it and wanted to be rid of the curse, but I never really connected it to the horrible longing they all must have felt, evil or not. They were still human, and you reminded me of that, especially here, as I read of all Barbossa has lost, and wanted back. You know, I never mentioned this when I was reading 'A Caribbean Carol', but when he was with Tia Dalma and she offered him herself, and he refused, though sorely tempted, and chose to remain faithful to May, you really showed the extent of his love there, without having to be all flowery, you know what I mean? I mean, he was a pirate, and one that hadn't been able to FEEL for over a decade, on top of that. That was pretty brilliant. You do that a lot - show how much they love each other with the smallest of things, that end up being more powerful than any grand gesture of love could ever be. Also like when Barbossa was shown the future, and found out that Madeline still loved him; was still waiting for him, by well-hidden dried flowers in her wedding bouquet. All that, from such a small thing. It's beautiful, the way you do that.

Anyway, back to THIS story. I really loved how when you had him dream, you had him able to feel again, so it made his reunion of sorts with May all the more sweet. Their reunion was uncomplicated, as they simply kissed sweetly under the mistletoe, as it would be in a dream, and I loved that. When you wrote him dreaming, you really captured the essence of a dream - the mysteriousness and the randomness, the unexpected, the strange. And the way it flowed was that lazy way in which dreams flow - softly and glowing. Basically, what I'm saying is that your dream was very dream-like, lol. And it was nice to have a reunion I'm sure we've all been dying for, even if it was just a dream. Beautiful job!

-Rory4
Ninja-klutz chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Noe! Put them back together!
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Oh, my! So surreal!

This piece is so poetically beautiful, and even more so for its moments of realistic nitty grittiness. I felt that I was seeing and thinking with Barbossa every time you described what he felt. As writer's we describe how things look to visualize, and seeing how much Barbossa's thoughts strayed towards feeling instead of seeing really hit home the numbing effects of the curse. I also loved how much you took the curse and dove into its toll on the pirates' minds-what else could you talk about after ten years of searching?

I loved this piece because of all the random, realistic events in his dreams. The dog (still laughing about the moral quandary of shooting a pissing dog at a Christmas party), the ball, and his momentary rage before he sees the mistletoe...all such normal things that would happen at a holiday get together.

The counting at the beginning, really set up the tone for this piece: Nine years, three hundred and thirty-two days, eight hours and fifteen minutes...give or take. So exact, yet so...ironic? As though Barbossa hangs between hopelessness and amusement about his failed search for the coin.

So interesting and revealing!

Lasgalendil
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Aw! That's sweet!
Unimaginative Lot chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
There's so much underlying pschology in this would-be drabble that I find it just as interesting as a full 30 chapter novel, and of course the mysterious finesse would probably impress Rod Serling himself! I love it so much I am simply going to have to put it on my fav's list. Please continue your imaginative voyages, and thanks for writing, UL.
booga booga chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Alright, this story cannot be left unresolved!

You've got me much to involved in these characters and I love it. Don't stop anytime soon.
Verity Strange chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Ohh... keeping up with a haunting and semi-holiday theme, I see. :D

Could Barbossa sleep under the curse? I can't remember... that kind of cramps on the dream bit if not, but the dream was still really neat!

It seems like your stories are really building up to something. They are all so good in their own rights, but still are hinting at some portending future. Sorry if everything I type is super redundant, I'm a little sick and lightheaded. :D

I loved how Barbossa could acutely sense everything in his dream. The whole dream sequence was very eloquent (as always!)

Overall, it was a very pleasurable failed drabble!

~Verity
Dr. Sugar chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
LOL! I nearly spit out my coffee at the dog part. And the little boy too! I don't know how you do it, but you constantly keep me laughing.

Beautifully written mate, well worth the extra words. ;)

Dr. Sugar
SensiblyScrewy chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Aw, I like this one. It's cool how you fit it in that she told him where to go, thus helping him. i hope to hear more from you soon *hinthint* lol keep up the good work! ;)_