Reviews for Just Realize
prettydynamic chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I laughed out loud when I read your comment "okay so that was lame' but actually it isn't. I do believe that had Fersen and Oscar ended together, Fersen would still be hooked up on Anroinette.

First time I read a modern day Oscar-Andre...hm... just kind of need gettingused to but I do love the idea of Oscar coming to Andre because it goes to show how close they are, and the scenes in the room are so cute and sweet. :)

Well, you could have made it sexier. hahahahaha. Anyway, thanks for the fun read.

PS Love cats too. I have a lot.

PPS I don't think Andre would take it seating down if Oscar would be marrying another. :) :)
Jen Jen chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Manna, I love this story, and becomes one of my favourites as soon as I read it. I love any kind of fanfic about modern time Oscar/Andre ...

I would love to have more if possible ... how about making this a chapter story? From the following quotes I'm sure that the relationship between them is very deep, but how deep? Life long friends?

"‘The hairdryer’ was really Oscar’s. She had brought it one day and had forgotten to take it back home with her. So, in a manner of speaking, it was ‘their’ hairdryer. Not that he really used it very often…"

Keep up your good work!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
DUDE. They're making "The Lovely Bones" into a movie? Epic! I loved it, even though it's so sad... Makes me think of TYS, actually, except that Oscar doesn't die in that and has Andre to make her better...

But I'm off topic.

Stupid, icky, yucky, [censored] Fersen. Conceited [censored again]. [once again censored] [censored], leaving poor Oscar like that for some twittery [another censored word].

I'm done, I swear.

[Junior year] Hm... The only critique I could think of is that "Junior" doesn't need to be capitalized. (And wait-did you guys have a junior prom? We only have one for the seniors, and you only get to go if your an underclassman if a senior invites you. So really, I've only got Homecoming to look forward to, since I really haven't gone to Sadie's...)

Aww... Arras? [“It looks like Arras found you,” he whispered, stroking the cat’s head lightly after brushing Oscar’s bangs from her forehead.] Epic. Win. Srsly.

And I digress. Cats are awesome, but... I find myself to be more of a dog lover. Although I do plan on getting both when I have my own house. Along with a snake. I love snakes...

XD Anyway, awesome job once more. I'm looking forward to things you write in the future

[Xirysa]
lifesend chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
This is a wonderful AU story! I totally agree with your perception of [quote]"I think Fersen was so smitten with Marie Antoinette that if Oscar had gotten him to marry her somehow, I doubt he would be able to remain completely faithful to her."[end quote] I'm not a fanfic writer, but I've had plot bunnies in my head before about "what if" Ferson and Oscar had to marry to "conivenience" sake (this is more manga storyline than the anime) and they get engaged but Ferson realizes he still loves the queen and Oscar realized she's in love with Andre... :) LOL, I'll stop my rambling and say again, what a wonderful AU story this is! :)
Kasia.T chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Hello Manna!

First of all, I want to say: „It’s not fair!” And I’m talking to Xirysa, too. How can you girls be so active and post so many fics when I have so little time for reading and reviewing? ... All right, don’t pay any attenyion to my nagging. Of course, I need you to post. I need reading and reviewing like I need eating. Hm, actually I haven’t eaten anything since morning and it’s already 8 p.m.. You see? It’s all because of you... _

Back to the point – I loved this fic, Manna. I really did. Setting Oscar and Andre into the modern world reminded me of „Memories”. I hope you don’t mind this comparison...

Anyway, the whole story was one great surprise. I wasn’t sure what was going on and I wasn’t able where would it lead. Therefore, my faviurite lines below are accompanied mostly by questions. I’m posting them exactly as I wrote them while reading.

A truck? Oscar is driving a truck? That can’t be! Do you mean the huge vehicle that normally serves for transporting cargo? Or maybe there’s another meaning of the word that I don’t know?

[“You’re…what?” Nothing short of completely confused, he blinked at her. “Of course you are,” he said] What? Another shock! Have you turned everything upside down?

[Not that he minded seeing her in his clothes, of course… It was just…well… Maybe he liked it too much.] Oh, what a lovely idea... Can you borrow me one of you shirts, Andre?

[After a bit of rummaging, he finally managed to locate a stack of neatly-folded clothes on his closet shelf that he had long ago mentally labeled ‘the too small’ pile.] I can’t believe he has such order in his closet! Don’t anyone dare to say that Andre is not a perfect man!

[‘The hairdryer’ was really Oscar’s. She had brought it one day and had forgotten to take it back home with her.] Oh, really? What made her bring and leave a hairdryer there? I don’t keep hairdryers in my friends’ apartments...

[He knew that she trusted him, and that always did a lot to warm his heart.] How sweet... But, maybe she didn’t lock the door because she wanted him to get in? Hahahaha. Crazy idea, I know.

[He yawned and stretched his arms up, reclining on his couch. He had long pajama pants on that were dark blue, and a plain white t-shirt. His feet were bare.] Aw, I want to see it! My imagination is not sufficient here. Please, somebody draw it for me... Hehehehehe...

[With that, she took a seat next to him on the couch, careful not to sit too close.] Why not? I wouldn’t miss the chance!

[André wasn’t about to let her get away with that. He reached over and grabbed her arm, hauling her closer to him.] Good job! Seems that the modern Andre is better in doing/getting what he really wants.

Hans? Drooling over his boss’s wife? Hahahaha, welcome Count Fersen... But wait a minute – Fersen dating and proposing to Oscar? I’m getting more shocked with every line...

[He could still remember the day that Hans Fersen had proposed to Oscar. Why? Oh, because his blond friend had come to him with the news first.] Oh, to cruel. How could you, Oscar?

[And he had wanted to kick himself because he had waited until it was too late to act, himself.] Poor Andre... But he doesn’t sound so tragic this time. Actually, it’s a bit funny even. And he seems to have come to terms with his unrequited love for Oscar.

[Leaning against him slightly, she tucked her legs up to lie on the couch next to her.] What a lovely picture. It’s the middle of the night, Andre and Oscar are wearing pajamas, drinking hot chocolate and leaning one against another. Like in their childhood... but better.

[He nodded and resisted the urge to wrap his arm around her.] Ah, Andre and his urges... Too many of them... too difficult to resist...

[(...) she had gotten stood up for her Junior Prom.] Oscar stood up? This can’t be true! How could anyone do it to her?

[“I’m so glad I didn’t sleep with him,” she whispered.] What a confession O_O I bet I’m not less shocked than Andre... But wait, the next line says he’s not surprised at all! Because he knows her and her strict morals. Anyway, it sounds she’s not so much in love with „her” Hans. If she was she would have gone for a Night of Passionate Vows...

[“I shoved the ring under the door,” she told him, tilting her head up slightly to smile at him. “I didn’t bother with a note. I figured the message would be clear enough without one.”] What and act! I’m impressed! Only Oscar could do something like that. I’m proud of you, girl. But again, she’s so calm, so cold while speaking about that. She couldn’t have been much in love with Fersen...

[She blinked at him slowly and then gave him a hug. He hadn’t expected it, and it took him completely by surprise.] Oscar, giving a hug to a surprised Andre, hahahahaha. Not only the modern Andre is improved, she’s too.

[“We wouldn’t have to do that if you would just sleep in your own bed like a good boy,” she kidded slightly.] Oh really? What did he do? Naughty Andre?

[Oscar moved and used him as a pillow, sighing slightly at the added warmth.] Where can I get such a pillow from? I want one... NOW!

To sum up, the end of the fic gave an answer to one of my opening questions. You haven’t turned anything upside down. Everything is as it should be – Andre is desparately in love with Oscar and he’s the only person in the world she can trust and confide in. And she, even though she doesn't realize it yet, she’ll soon give up her strong morals... FOR HIM.

For the time being let them sleep peacefully on the couch. Sweet dreams, my dear Lovers.

Kisses and hugs,

Kasia

P.S. I'm going to make some hot chocolate for myself...
loulou.k chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Oh ,Manna! What a story!

Modern? It's the first time you do something modern, right? Or my memory is getting rusty.

I LOVE IT VERY MUCH!

What I love it most this time-beside it's modern and that's mean it could happened to any of us _- is the conversation and the way the events moved with it, with every sentence there was a move, a gesture, you switched between them smoothly so I could see them as if they were in front of me…or I was one of them.

And lam? Are you kidding? Where?...Fersen and Mary, and hearing them…?soo what?...maybe they were rolling a puppy as a gift…right Xirysa?_

Hahaha, I was drinking a hot chocolate too, and it's raining out side, so I felt as if I'm setting on that couch between them, starring at them, and listening to their conversation …and my feets are cold too _

You're right, Fersen is so smitten with Marie Antoinette, he would hurt four people if he –somehow- married Oscar, thanks God he didn't to that stupid moron decisions.

Okay,( He resisted the urge to slam the door in her face out of pure shock) hahaha, why,I said?...is he prefer sleeping than have her, in the middle of the nigh, in front of him, in his apartment?

(Her voice was a low murmur as she averted her gaze, “I’m not getting married…”…“You’re…what?) yes, WHAT? I thought she was coming to confess to him about how much she loves him, but hearing/reading that from her made me choke with my chocolate….what a beginning!

(She gave him a half-hearted nod and he was off, headed to his room to see what he might have that would fit her. Every so often she would borrow something of his, and he had long-ago thought of buying some clothes in her size so that he’d have some on hand that would actually fit her. Not that he minded seeing her in his clothes, of course… It was just…well… Maybe he liked it too much)AW! Really, she borrow things from him, and he likes seeing her with his clothes_….but what "he liked it too much?"

(“It’s why you have a cat and not a dog.”)oh, I thought Andre would prefer dogs, but if he's soo tender, yes, he would have a cat , a fat cat _

(She didn’t bother to lock it like most people would do. He knew that she trusted him, and that always did a lot to warm his heart)oh, just a oh!

(He yawned and stretched his arms up, reclining on his couch. He had long pajama pants on that were dark blue, and a plain white t-shirt. His feet were bare) hahaha,I'm very silly I know, but I like to see that scene…..VERY much _

(she held his prized pair of socks in her hands. She probably didn’t know that they were his favorites) hahahahah, he has a favorite socks? Why among all the socks he would have in his drawer she picked up his…. Favorites…?

(“Different?” She threw him a slightly strained smile. “It’s good, I promise. It’s just a little odd, and perhaps a bit depressing…” With that, she took a seat next to him on the couch, careful not to sit too took a seat next to him on the couch, careful not to sit too é wasn’t about to let her get away with that. He reached over and grabbed her arm, hauling her closer to him. “So,” he asked in a burst of courage. “What’s this about you not getting married?”) see? That's an animated conversation I like.

(Well, at any rate, he didn’t think Hans was really the best man suited to marry Oscar.) WHAt? She was going to marry Fersen-that's how I was at first :p

(Her face flushed bright red. “You didn’t hear what I heard,” she snapped, and then grew very still before she closed her eyes and turned her head on his shoulder. “I’m so glad I didn’t sleep with him,” she whispered)Ah! O_O

It's getting interesting then….very interesting _

(Oscar moved and used him as a pillow, sighing slightly at the added warmth) OH, MY GOD! you did that again….to me! Andre as a pillow….have mercy on me Manna!

(“Better,” she murmured.) Of course It's BETTER!

OH, MY GODAGAINE! Now I REALIZE what this is mean(“It looks like Arras found you,” he whispered, stroking the cat’s head lightly after brushing Oscar’s bangs from her forehead. She said nothing, only gently brushed her fingers across André’s cat before finding his hand and giving it a weak squeeze….He could swear that his shirt was starting to get a little damp, but he decided not to say anything about it) it was SHE, Oscar who found the warm, the man who would be her support during the darkness of her life, the heart who would hold her close - inside if he could- without expecting anything in return…" Arras found you"…it was Oscar who found herself by being with Andre, if she wasn't feeling or wouldn't feel safety with him she wouldn't came to him….and she found what she was looking for…Andre's hand…..*sigh*….

Now it's me who is putting makeup this time, and we are expecting some guests in few minutes, otherwise I'm going to cry….*sniff*…I'll wait until the left.

Honey, if you thought it was lame, take off this idea from your head, other writer would make that scene end by making them…you know how….but you even didn't let him kiss her, he just (settling his hand on her back) that's it.

It's a very great job, as always.

Kisses,