Reviews for Lydia Gets Lost
Julia chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
What a capital short story! You very well captured both Lydias unnerving character as well as the general tone of Terry Pratchett's Ankh Morpork-stories. I particularly like your introduction of Sergeant Angua and her very pratchett-ish little remark at the very end. All in all: very well done!
UltimateGryffindork chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
BRILLIANT! The characters are just right, the ending is really good!
Ayjah chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
LOL WRONG man to choose Miss Lydia!
Meg chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
This was really funny and well-written, it made me laugh. I always felt kind of sorry for Lydia in P&P, I generally do for the airhead characters that are looked down upon by the smarter ones...but whatever, this was funny.

I could totally imagine Carrot going all confused when he got hit on :) Angua may have had PLT, no? She seems a little more surly than usual...
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
This was a fun little story! It would be interesting to find out how Lydia would continue to react to Angua/Carrot/the rest of the Ank-Morpork crowd...

I know it would be hard to write, but are you planning a sequel anytime soon/at all to this story? Please, please do!
Epilachna chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Very well done. This was an enjoyable little fic. It make me grin, despite the fact that I've never read Jane Austen or Terry Pratchett and don't know any of the characters.
Eloin chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Lovely! This would make a perfect series... *hinthint* I know you said you weren't going to be doing any long-term writing at the mo, what with the diploma work etc. but this may be something to remember...?

I truly enjoy your crossovers of JA and PT, since I'm such a fan of both. And you do it well, it's not obtrisive and annoying, but subtla and amusing when I catch them! Thank you.

As a final note, I think your English is fantastic, even though I did suspect you were a native German speaker when reading the Vetissey... dunno why, I guess living in Austria I can spot 'em a mile off. :-)

Cheers,

Eloin
Belladonna-Isabella chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Delightful!

Excellent piece of descriptions and as far as I could tell everyone was in character!

Very good!
Gogol chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
:D

Poor Lydia. She's only an idiot, does she really deserve a jealous werewolf watchman on her back?

...and since the answer is so utterly hilarious, /yes/.

Only objection would be slight curiosity as to why Angua has a deep voice? Also, typo: "but on closer examination none of them exited Lydia’s interest." Should be excited.

'Twas lovely, credible (...for as necessary a value as can be), and highly amusing as ever.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I know nothing of Discworld,but I loved your portrayal of Lydia here and could imagine she would react just like this in a strange place!
eruthiel chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
You are a /very/ fine writer. Something like this really hits that fact home! I loved every little detail, except maybe Angua coming straight out with it about her and Carrot. It's quite hard to know how she'd react, actually, but Carrot was simply perfect and Lydia was excellent. 3

-Eru
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
What did Discworld ever do to deserve Lydia Bennett? ;-(

I don't know how a featherbrain like her is going to survive Ankh-Morpork. Especially if she goes on making eyes at Angua's man.

You don't suppose we could wish her on Lord Rust do you? Or maybe a Selachii or Venturii.