Reviews for Seem So Vast
uchihaitachi21 chapter 13 . 5/30/2012
Good job :)
Lala Sharada chapter 13 . 1/18/2011
Oh! That was really neat! That last chapter, I loved it!

This story is really good and your writing skills are phenomanal. The chapter where Lauren finds out about all the history by her Grandma had to be my favorite, it was so sweet and touching. And I loved Lauren and Tyler dancing on the boat.

Overall, another great Anastasia story!
PossibleIdeasAreLimitless chapter 13 . 10/27/2009
I quite liked this story. Most of your 'parallels' as you put it, were cute, although a few seemed to lack the effort you put into the others.

The plot was creative, yet there were several occurrences and details that I found somewhat implausible. The biggest one was Lauren flying to Paris, staying there for at least a week (the amount of time she actually spends in Paris is unclear, #2), buying a $140 dress, and, obviously not having a job, all for only $900 in 2008? Even if she flew out of the most Eastern city off the coast of the USA, the plane ticket alone would cost more than twice that. Not to mention, have you ever been to Paris? Everything is expensive, especially the food. The French take great pride in their cuisine and make people pay out the nose for it. She would have needed at least $200 for just food for the week, and then who knows how much for boarding. Also, #3, assuming she spent only a mere two to three weeks in Paris, there is no way she could speak and understand French so fluently in that allotted time. Yes, she is immersed in the language living in Paris, and perhaps Tyler is helping her (yet your readers don't get to see that if it's true), but when the cab driver talks to her, there were words I'm sure she didn't hear too often to understand them. One quick fix to this is to mention how she didn't quite know what he said but she comprehended a basic understanding of what he meant and then replied to him in her broken French.

Other than those, you certainly can write fairly decent. In fact I quite enjoyed some of your lines, especially when describing the sound of the music from the ancient trinket in your adaptation from the scene in the movie. It was well done.

Overall I thought it was an entertaining story – all the way up until your ending. I thought the last part of Chapter 12 was a good conclusion to your tale, since it is sort of like a sister story to the movie. Still, you promised a great concluding chapter (and I was hoping for a reunion with her mother; it would have proved interesting), so I willingly clicked for Chapter 13 and, unfortunately, was very disappointed. You really shouldn't end your story with it all being a dream. It's such a cliché and not very realistic. Are we to believe that Anastasia saw her future great-granddaughter in some extremely detailed premonition of the future? No. It just isn’t credible. Your writing is far above this, believe me.

I know this is just a spin-off of Anastasia, but the reason I took the time to critique your story in detail is because I think you can do something more with it, if you wanted to, of course. If you create and develop your own characters instead of Anya and Dimitri and give hints about their background through your imaginative flashbacks, you could really turn this into something of your own, worth publishing if you get yourself a good editor. However, you’d have to take it down from the Internet, because no publisher will even look at it if it was available to everyone already.

You (and your story) have a great deal of potential. Thanks for sharing this, and always keep writing! _

~PIAL
Romance and Musicals chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
AH! I LOVE IT!
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 13 . 10/15/2009
Dream ending? Seriously? Wow, I was blind-sided by that one. Nice.

Loved it like I love the rest of your Anastasia works!

Happy writing,

Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 10 . 10/15/2009
:D :D :D I LOVE the parallels to the movie! AMAZING!
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 7 . 10/15/2009
I'm with your author's note, totally. No Dimitri, no point. :)

Love this, lovin' Tyler!

Happy Writing,

Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 5 . 10/14/2009
I'm lovin' the falshbacks! Best part, but I think I'm going to love Tyler, and Lauren is impetuous and wonderful. :)

Happy writing,

DimitrisDuchess chapter 13 . 12/22/2008
LOL..

Anya had that ENTIRE dream? Dang.. hahaa I can imagine her trying to explain it to Dimitri.. "And our great grand daughter she had this.. i-thingy. It's like a record player but handheld."

"Anya that's insane.. You sure your okay?"

XD

Sorry, had to.. Loved it
DimitrisDuchess chapter 12 . 12/22/2008
Hahaha, whats with their desendents and boat rides? I guess it runs in the family.. How sweet of a pairing. I think you have made two OC's that shall be remembered like A/D's son and daughter. :D
DimitrisDuchess chapter 11 . 12/22/2008
Oh wow, you go into such detail.. I'd almost believe this was somehow a real Anastasia movie.. It's soo great. I love how you put the whole, "He found her or vise versa depending on who was telling the tale." That was so A/D typical to want the credit. lol
DimitrisDuchess chapter 10 . 12/22/2008
Sorry I'm so late with this review... been falling in love with yet another tv guy.. Ned.. lol

Back to work, I thought the usage of a formal thing for the replacement of the opera.. lol. I was hoping she woulda smacked him though.. But thats just because when Anya slaps Dimitri's face it's hilarious.. XD
Britney628 chapter 13 . 12/20/2008
THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY! I loved the story, and the ending of course was perfect. Now all the paralells are more convincing, since it was her dream.
DimitrisDuchess chapter 9 . 12/19/2008
Haha, Bob vila fan here? LOL. Yes the fight, the duchess, her kitchen boy come to the rescue and.. true love conquring all :D

XD

Yeah ONLY in fiction, but still it's nice we have such things to read. I have really also enjoyed Laurens song choices on her ipod. It's just like what I would pick.

I cannot wait for the answers and I am glad for her looking at the frame of the bridge. Plus it happened nearly a hundred or so years ago..

*bing*

Idea for a short chapter! :D
Britney628 chapter 9 . 12/19/2008
Of course, still loving it. Every bit! The sign from the ipod is different. Still loving the flashbacks too.