Reviews for Devil at the Crossroads
Farky-fark and the Munky Bunch chapter 3 . 4/28/2012
Ooo...The Mastermind...I'm gonna call him Joey until I know what his real designation is. Does that not just strike fear? Joey...I was already shaking in terror by the time I typed the J. Anyway, I kinda saw this coming from Soundwave when a deal was mentioned. I'll just wait and see how it all turns out. Phenomenal work and yet again, I loved reading it.
StarscreamII chapter 3 . 8/30/2011
I like the adverbs, like "dustily" for Virus's laugh.

And the dark side puns were entertaining.

Thanks to this, I understand a lot more about Soundwave, and, really, about their whole team of mercenaries.
StarscreamII chapter 2 . 8/30/2011
Conversation between the symbiotes. That is all. Laughing out loud throughout the whole thing. They argue like siblings should!

Harlotease is awesome. Her name, anyway. I know I've commented about her before, but I felt like doing it again. She's a minor character, but you can already tell a lot about her just from how she...is.
StarscreamII chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I like the way Soundwave is portrayed. He's quiet, and not just downright mean like a lot of the other Decepticons. He tries to remember the good things about his life before the war.

I love the depth you put into each and every one of the characters and their respective side stories that give a deeper view into their lives.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 3 . 2/5/2011
interesting fanfic
1bloodtempest chapter 3 . 10/31/2010
Oh... dear... Since I’ve already read the entire WE-series up to now, the irony of what Virus and her crew is doing is slamming into me. It’s horrible... knowing that there’s no way to go back in time and let everyone know what’s going to happen. The only thing to do is to keep going on into the future, no matter what the result... this is, sadly, the only logical choice to make about this matter. :(

1bloodtempest chapter 2 . 10/31/2010
The tension’s rising! *runs around in a frenzy* XD Speaking of the little symbiote, he’s in for a world of pain when Ravage chews on him during recharge! D: I hope he doesn’t chew him up too much...

The predicament that Soundwave and his “ragtag family” is in puts Soundwave into a position that I relate (for some Primus forsaken reason) to Optimus Prime. I believe that this is because they are both in leadership positions of power, and whatever decision that they make affects many important lives. Of course, all lives are important, but they would, respectfully, care for the bots especially important to each respective mech. I hadn’t thought about the title playing much into the actual plot very much but it seems to be quite literally in here, at the end of the second chapter and at the beginning of the third.

Your portrayal of Soundwave and his Cassetticons is quite different from the portrayal of the Soundwave and Cassetticons from irate-pirate’s and Taipan Kiryu’s “Cantabile”, but I love both Soundwaves in your stories. It only serves to further deepen the mystery as to what his true nature is really like. The Cassettes are, for the most part, already figured out. XD

1bloodtempest chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Had Megatron not approached Soundwave with the intent of making him part of the Decepticons, I think that Soundwave would have taken his Creations and gone into hiding, to protect them all from Megatron and the threat of the war posed to their lives. Either that or he would have gone and joined the Autobots. But factoring in the safety of his Creations... yeah.

But the illusion of safety can only last for so long. I can only imagine what Soundwave is thinking about as he was pondering his options when Megatron confronted him with the demand that he join the Decepticon army, since Megatron rarely takes no for an answer without some poor bot paying the price...

Eerie Iri chapter 3 . 8/9/2010
Excellent as always. _
Eerie Iri chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
Love this story!
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I really like that line: "Not all precious things are cherished by Decepticons."
Litahatchee chapter 3 . 3/11/2009
The quote at the beginning of the chapter, again, is brilliant. It's like our devils are not quite as bad as we make them out to be...or they could even be worse than we make them out to be. I love the double-meaning behind it!

"Here, of all places..."

That start...followed by those fantastic descriptions of what Kaon used to be and what Kaon is now is simply awesome...and then repeating the 'of all places...' Your writing is art. Wow, that's just so poignant. Beautiful:)

Can't help but to think that Virus is gloating a bit by choosing Kaon as the meething place;)

I like the descriptions of the symbiotes safely stowed away, but trying to convince Soundwave to 'consider a few more options.' Nightshade isn't very thrilled with him making a deal with these folks either...He knews what he has to do, though, and he's very obviously the ultimate authority.

Dry humor! OMG, I love it! The part where Waspinator goes out and almost gets attacked and Nightshade is pointing out the obvious, "They're over there." LOL!

"She looked more feral now, as if vorns as a mercenary had made her lose a few pieces of the mind she had left."

The descriptions of Flamewar are chilling. It's sad to think that she wants nothing more than Barricade, but knowing she can never dare to hope. She's in a dark place both mentally and physically and it shows. I must say I am relieved to know that she really did find what she wanted eventually, as long and hard a journey as it was.

I love Nightshade's reaction to learning that Soundwave intends to join Virus's 'business' and I can imagine Flamewar's reaction wasn't any less incredulous. Awesome:)

Oh man, I can only imagine the nightmare Flamewar is living...The seven vorns of her conscription are long over, and she still cannot find escape. And Soundwave does not plan on giving himself over to that same kind of contract...Of course, maybe he knows it's pointless anyway, as he'd just be in the same position as he started when the contract would be over, just like Flamewar. Of course, a partnership would allow him a lot more freedom than Flamewar has been allowed...This story is so intriguing!

Did Flamewar inadvertantly bring Virus around in Soundwave's favor? She's not fond of Soundwave and his 'pets' by any means, but the mention of his loyalty to Megatron certainly would appeal to Virus (who ADORES Megatron, as you have well shown us in the WE continuality). And Soundwave sure jumped on that, appealing further to Virus about his loyalty to Megatron and what agreement he had held with him, obviously hoping for the same type of agreement.

Whoah...nice trump card Soundwave throws out! I love the descriptions of his sheer size over Virus. Soundwave is HUGE!

I laughed at Nightshade's reaction to the slag heap of a ship. It totally takes me back to Flamewar's reaction:) And Flamewar coming up behind her, "You'll get over it soon enough." That's perfect!

The descriptions of the filth of the inside of the ship are awesome! I laughed at the bio-luminescent stuff that no one seems to want to touch:)

"Engines wheezed as they ignited, powering up slowly in a way that felt reminiscent of an old bot living on his last dregs of life before his spark finally extinguished on its own."

I really really really LOVE that sentence:)

Trojan is very nice to Nightshade. Aw, I like that. Then Flamewar coming up making a suggestion that Trojan may be welcoming her for something 'more' made me laugh. I'm thinking that Trojan did not really mean it as wanting something more (that he really was genuinely being nice), but I can imagine that Flamewar would be the first to jump on an opportunity to make Nightshade feel even more uncomfortable than she's already feeling...This story is just too awesome:)

I like how Soundwave isn't reacting to the grime and disrepair of the ship. He's remaining completely emotionless.

And as soon as Virus said there was a new client asking for material, I immediately knew it was the Mastermind! And Soundwave wanting to ask why they are calling bots material...OMG, that's so chilling and horrifying! No one even knows what the Mastermind is doing with this 'material'...nor do they care! I like that Soundwave at least asks questions about it, unlike anyone else, it seems.

And I'm assuming they have to refer to bots as material for their own sanity, because no one in their right mind would be able to just turn bots over non-discriminately like that (even bots from what used to be their own faction) unless they can think of the bots as objects, as material, rather than living beings. Oh man, oh man...I'm totally getting goosebumps! And do we ever get to find out who the unfortunate loner soul is that Soundwave uses his abilities to find first?

If/when Soundwave ever learns what the fate of this material is he helps to hunt down, does he feel remorse? I know, for now, he's trying to protect his own and will do whatever it takes to keep them safe, but when it all comes down to it...when everything, EVERYTHING, has fallen completely apart and the best thing that ANYONE can hope for is a little self-preservation...will he consider his actions not worth it in the end?

Wow...just wow! Your stories are so gloriously deep.
Litahatchee chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
Ugh oh…How did I miss this chapter? I remember ch. 1 and now I see the update to ch. 3! Oops! Well, better late than never;) I’ll read ch. 2 right now:)

The quote at the beginning… OMG, that is BRILLIANT! You have a wonderful talent of picking out the right quotes to fit your plotlines… Damn, it fits so perfectly!

“How could we forget? The intelligence of the room keeps going down because of you…” ...

“And I bet it hurts you here, too,” Ravage countered, pointing to his head, “right where your processor should be.”...

“Just because Soundwave likes me best doesn’t mean ya have ta be so jealous.”...

“That’s what siblings are for, after all: helping and ripping each other apart in their sleep.”

Oh! LAWL! I love the witty banter between Ravage and Nightshade. Their razzing and interaction of/with Rumble is awesome:) And, dare I say it…too cute! *hugs all of them*

Oh good! I get to see Harlotease in this story! The banter between her and Rumble was flawless. It flows so smoothly and totally has me cracking up! I love this:

“It’s not the number of fuses I have, it’s how I use ‘em,” he replied.”

And it totally seemed as if Rumble wasn’t getting any from her and then there’s THIS:

“Haven’t heard a complaint from ya yet…”

HAHAHAHA! You go Rumble!

Oh wow, I love the descriptions of what it may be like to have a symbiotic contract with a Cybertronian, as described from Rumble’s point of view, of course. I just love the process that you have for symbiotic relationships and how it affects each of them, both mentally and physically.

“They had once belonged to Harlotease, but upon their arrival, she had been more than happy to relinquish them for a few trivial things; cuts in shifts and a handful of off-the-record favours Soundwave was able to provide, though he refrained from discussing the nature of the favours afterwards.”

Wait…NO WAY! I love all the innuendos;) This story is awesome!

“…it was sad to think that the loneliest part of their master still stirred within in him and they were unable to help him in any way.”

Whoah…Your Soundwave is such a wonderfully deep and complex character! I love the way you write him.

“The ungrateful pit-slaggin’ aft-fraggers!”

I know the mood has gotten somber by this point of the chapter…but this line made me burst out laughing, especially when I converted to see what it would sound like in the curse words they represent to us humans;) Brilliant!

The imagery of all of Soundwave’s symbiotes finding a place on his frame is pure love:) And, man oh man, he has already made the deal? The circumstances forcing him to do this are serious. It makes so much sense and fits so well…I can just see this happening to Soundwave now that Megatron is gone. There’d be ‘Cons everywhere trying to rid their population/community of ANY possible rivals, even if there isn’t a rivalry. Very well done!
Lecidre chapter 3 . 1/13/2009
Goodness, their ship is so DIRTY! *shivers* Such a hell for any other bots in the universe... It's a miracle that Flamewar could endure staying on that awful ship with Virus for all those vorns. And poor Nightshade, she must be very unhappy about this contract... XD

By the way, the scene of Trojan helping a falling Nightshade to get up on her feet actually made me smile. What a considerate mech he is. I didn't like him and Worm when I first saw them in "What Time We Have Left", but now I'm begining to love them more and more. You really did a fantastic job on writing the Darksyde crews.

Now I'm very curious about the real identity of Mastermind and his ultimate purpose - I guess I'll have to wait patiently until you write it in "As We Come Together", then.

Another piece of amazing work. Love it!
Bluebird Soaring chapter 3 . 1/11/2009
Ya, welcome to the PIT! Poor Nightshade, I really think she got the short end of the stick on this deal in spite of the value of staying with Soundwave and staying alive. Frankly, staying with Virus doesn't seem to equal staying alive, but it's better than being alone and a target every waking moment. I hope none of them really trust her...she sends shivers up and down my spine just thinking about it! It's very interesting the sacrifices Soundwave will make for his family, and that redeems him a bit in mind mind )