Reviews for One Shot Too Many
ISurvivedHurricaneIrma chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Yikes! That was way too close that time.
Marie Nomad chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
This is excellent. The medical terminology was accurate as well as everyone was in character. I can sense Watson's anxiety under that cool exterior that he needed to perform the draining. It was suspenseful and that's good.

I enjoyed this very much.
Storystuff chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
How adorable! And very much like Holmes too :-)
Madam'zelleG chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Chills are still running down my back afte reading. You obviously have remarkable medical knowledge.

You have a very intense writing style that makes for an exciting read. I will have to look into more of your work.

Well done!
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
I love this story! I'm surprised that that hadn't happened to Holmes earlier. This was a good story!
Mainframe chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
A scarily detailed account.

I admit that when you wrote of the stench from the wound when Watson evacuated the poison, my own stomach did a flip in sympathy. Very nasty business.

Watson. As a doctor and a friend it was brought out wonderfully, in this story, his utter frustration-fear-anger and, worst of all for a doctor; helplessness. What an emotional roller coaster, all suppressed in order to get the job of saving his best friends life done. The man deserves a Knighthood!

Holmes suspicious behaviour at the beginning of the story and Watson's medical radar zeroing in on it was excellent to watch unfold, and then the waiting and watching game Watson is well used to playing where Holmes and his health are concerned was very powerful. It is no easy thing to be Sherlock Holmes friend, the man is so intensely guarded of his past and his person it is very difficult to hit the right note with him; but you managed it again! 3

And this may be the canonical turning point in the detectives drug addiction. I often thought that he would send Watson to his grave of worry if he had not kicked the habbit.

Lovely quality read; as usual.
221Bee chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Well done. Fine story. And the medical aspect is very good. In spite of all the advances in antibiotics in the 20th century, it is still good old-fashioned incision and drainage that begins the best cures.
KCS chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Wow, that was compellingly vivid. Great job.
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Compelling, utterly IC and very very good.

Love your attention to detail. This especially - "Dark yellow, viscous pus emerged from the incision and nearly took our breaths away with the foulness of its stench" - I can picture that so very clearly - yuck! It's observances like that which for me lift a story and make it that extra bit special.

Excellent work :)