Reviews for Fiction Tournament
Little Miss Dragmire chapter 3 . 9/19/2010
This is awesome. I love the tournament idea with the fictional characters; that scene in Something Rotten was one of my favorites. This brings me to an important question: are you one of those authors who lets people use their concepts? I promise I'll give you full credit, and it won't be an exact copy of yours or anyting (among other things, I want to include L from Death Note as the first ever competitor to come from manga and see if someone besides Harry Potter actually can defeat Voldemort), I just want to use the concept. Please? If your answer's yes, please let me know in a review reply and if you want, I'll send you a link once I get the first chapter up. If the answer's no, let me know in a review reply anyway, and I won't be able to send you a link because I won't post it.

Sincerely,

Little Miss Dragmire
Thobbit chapter 3 . 8/8/2010
Please continue this, it is quite amusing. I want to point out, though, that despite it being in the TN book, Bilbbo did NOT kill Smaug in The HObbit. I was Bard the bowman from Esgaroth. (Yes, I'm a little LotR-crazy.)
Burnt Sugar Cookie chapter 3 . 2/6/2010
Good job. This was very enjoyable!
bbhymenopetra chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
This is good enough to be published in book form, much better than a good deal of what passes for literature, let alone pulp or airport reading.
Deja and Darcie chapter 3 . 5/27/2009
I really love what you've done here! This is an excellent piece, and very funny. I love how you bounce around between characters (I'm certainly not that well read). This is wonderful, and I really hope you write more!

Deja
Swyn Song chapter 3 . 4/5/2009
Dustfinger? You keep using my favorite book characters! Awesome!

(Also, a fire-witch from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, like Shiara or Brandel, could defeat Voldemort, because fire-witches are immune to any kind of magic but their own. Just thouhgt you ought to know.)
Swyn Song chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
What is it with people thinking that Bilbo killed Smaug? Anyone who's read The Hobbit should remember that it was in fact Bard the Bowman. Aside from that, very well written faceoff. I liked Kludd's appearence, that made me chuckle slightly.
Niece of the Prophet Zarquon chapter 3 . 3/6/2009
Nope I don't buy that whole of the Bookworld only Harry Potter can defeat Voldemort. Two suggestions for future combatants first they could take away his wand and second you can't hex what you can't see.

Keep the story going it's fun
Elessae chapter 2 . 1/3/2009
Oh, I am sorry you have not gotten more reviews!

This is cleverly written, and all your literary nuances check out, and it is completely enjoyable a read. And your riddles are wonderful too - can I ask if you thought them up yourself? I don't recognize any of them apart from the one about Man.

I do hope you continue to write!
Niece of the Prophet Zarquon chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
This is really fun and I can tell your going to drive me crazy with all the characters you bring up. Hm so far I can't identify 3 of the combatants but I don't intend to do research until the story is finished.

I didn't get the answer to Carmin Sandiego though I'll have to think about it.

Good luck with Chapter two!
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
This is fun! I like how you've incorporated so many different characters (I need to re-read the Thursday Next books) and you've done a great job getting their characters right. I'll definitely be back for more of this one!