Reviews for Add Your Light To Mine
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
excellent! i loved the sweet and funny vaanelo connection :D
devilin chapter 2 . 6/1/2009
Hey, I think I've read this before xD

17. Pulse

Due to a shortage of chocobos, they wind up sharing and when Vaan asks her why she’s so tense, Penelo closes her eyes and leans back into his chest, smiling when she hears his heartbeat quicken.

This one is one of my faves haha. 3

And 50 is labelled 51. o.o Mistake, or something more? xD
Kage Elric chapter 2 . 4/25/2009
Aaw! this was really cute! i liked this, and the way it was done. Good job, keep up the good work! :P

JA NE
Feeny chapter 2 . 2/18/2009
Aww, DJ!

This was awesome. I can't find the words.

Vaan was just so Vaan here and the same for Penelo. I can envision them doing all those things. I love how you get them in character.

The last one has to be one of my favourites, it's just so..EE!

I can't find the words, haha.

~Feeny
Qwi-Xux chapter 2 . 2/17/2009
Okay, it will always be the sweetest thing, thinking of Vaan giving up eating so that Penelo and the kids could eat. *sniffles*

*sniffles some more* Penelo's brother dying...so sad. :(

And then I get to giggle because Vaan is probably SO lying when he says her cooking has improved. Mwahahaha.

Aw...loving the image of Penelo's mother brushing her hair. It's so bittersweet because obviously we know that her mother died...but I can see Penelo doing the same thing if she ever has a daughter one day. Or even doing the same thing with Filo and the other girls.

I think I just melted into a puddle. Kytes called Vaan his brother! SO SWEET!

Ouch...I hadn't ever thought of Vaan thinking of his brother when he first stabbed someone, but it makes so much sense and it's so horribly traumatic.

HAHAHAHA. Matching weapons and armor. *giggles madly*

I'm guessing Penelo's interpretation, telling Fran that Vaan just meant she looked very young, was following his 'how old are you' slip. HEHE

Aw...of course Vaan was worried about her in battle, and the thought that he knows Larsa will fix her up...it was lovely.

And I adore the "Annoy" one. I could picture it so clearly.

Balthier's advice...priceless. :D

*collapses in a heap of laughter* TREES! HAHAHAHAHA! That's so fantastic.

The image of them both cracking up at trying to say "I love you" to each other was somehow so hilarious and so sweet at the same time.

Marlboro butter? *gags* UGH, I'm totally with Vaan on this one. Maybe Penelo doesn't realize her cooking is horrible because her taste buds were destroyed by all the gross things she eats.

I'm laughing so hard at Vaan and the "guess which hand" game.

Naughty Vaan, "accidentally" putting a hole in her old clothes...especially when later on he'll wish her clothes aren't so form fitting. Don't stop to think, do you, Vaan? Ha.

Lovesickness! MWAHAHAHA. Oh, so cute.

And the thought of Vaan dreaming about what their kids would look like? It was so, so, so beautiful. I think it's my favorite of all these so far and that's saying a lot because I'm loving these.

*giggles again* Vaan snatching starfruits...oh, Vaan. Kick the habit!

AW. Feathers in Penelo's hair being from her father was SUCH a lovely touch. I adore these familial things, whether they're future events of past memories or...yeah. Sweet. :)

I loved the ones-the family bit and how they're home with each other and everything. :) I love all of them. *happy sigh* Thank you so much for sharing these. :D
dsaf asdf chapter 2 . 2/17/2009
Ha, cute, very cute. I can see why you couldn't put it to rest, good for you!
dsaf asdf chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
ah damn...write more! you're actually really good...
difficile chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Too, too cute.

Why am I becoming such a sucker for this pairing? They look so cute together. Yeah, if i had to imagine Vaan with a girl, without a doubt it'd be Penelo. You execute their relationship so perfectly, though really it is a good pairing to work with considering their already good-terms and past with each other that provides an author with a lot of...leverage, I guess? And it just seems like a good, easy pairing to work with (not that I'm saying it doesn't have difficulties). As a Balthier/Vaan author, it's hard for me to base the relationship I'm trying to execute from their IN-GAME relationship (I must face the music every now and then that, without a lot of work on an author's part, two incompatible characters need a lot of work to be believable). Ah, but enough about me.

A note of constructive criticism - sometimes you need commas where they are missing, because it makes everything sound rushed and run-on. Other than that, 'Castles' was one of my favorites. "Flee" was a very short, good insight to Vaan's character. And the same goes for "Nightmare", because let's face it - Vaan could up and disappear at any moment, knowing his impulsive and optimistic nature. I think, personally, that until he matured fully, he wouldn't understand that grasping the quick choice of freedom would later be regretted instead of being with the one he loved. But that can come hand in hand, can't it? Penelo's insecurities were well illustrated in that sentence. Rambling again. Anyway, I enjoyed this...obviously. Kudos!
Feeny chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
E! JUICE!

This was amazingly awesomely EPIC WIN!

I loved how it ranged from side splitting humour to solemn to adorably “Aw” it take talent to write all these things together! And you also captured so many aspects of the Vaan/Pen relationship!

I loved the Star fruit / tomato one! Hee! Heck I loved all of them to pieces! *FLAIL*

You’re really good at these prompts!

~Feeny
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
*dances* You did it! YAY!

Aw, even as a child Vaan knew what to do for Penelo...bringing her a doll when he hurt her feelings. SWEET!

And...and...GAH! I'm going to pass out from the mushy beautiful sweetness. Vaan kissing Penelo during a thunderstorm...

And then the melancholy ones-remembering Reks, Vaan wandering around on his own...*hugs them both*

*dies laughing at Vaan asking Balthier why he doesn't wear an eye patch*

I loved Angle. Really, really, really love it. It displays perfectly everything that I think Vaan would have felt when he hugged Penelo that one time and you did it all in one sentence. :D

Aw, and then remembering Penelo's brothers!

Castles was super awesome. I think you showed exactly one of the many things that makes Penelo unique.

HAHA! Penelo's own personal alarm...I love that idea. I mean, if he had started doing it when she was an adult it probably would have driven her nuts, but the fact that he started blowing in her ear as a child meant she grew up with it and now she'd probably miss it dreadfully if he stopped.

Fruit was wonderfully sweet. I tell you, I'm grinning like an idiot. These are beautiful.

HAHA! And then Vaan drools in his sleep. Lovely. ;)

I like how you refer to Penelo accepting she'll never be a culinary genius as "The Incident." *giggles madly*

You're making me go back and forth on the melting and the laughing... "Regret" made me go 'aw' and then Protect made me burst out laughing. Again-LOVE THESE.

I really, really like how on Delicate you made Penelo both strong and fragile. I mean, you've already established her strength, but the fact is that she's not afraid to be feminine, either, and you portrayed that fantastically.

And Penelo's boots! :D The big, bulking things...and watching her change from those to her sandals at the end of FFXII was so cute.

*giggles more* HAHAHAHA! Staring contest! SO Vaan and Penelo.

Question-another melting AW one. :D

And I love how you ended it. These were so wonderful and beautiful and AHH! *squees and flails some more*