Reviews for What We Keep Beyond Death
whitealmond chapter 8 . 12/26/2014
Ow, my heart. I'm crying inside.

A part of me thinks that Toushirou would have tried to save her, no matter what. But your ending is plenty tragic, too :(
whitealmond chapter 7 . 12/26/2014
they're not going to escape?! *hurriedly clicks to next chapter*
whitealmond chapter 6 . 12/26/2014
I actually love that last line XD and Yamamoto's portrayal was spot-on!
whitealmond chapter 5 . 12/26/2014
Well, it's not like he ever fell out of it.

Excuse me, going to patch the pieces of my heart back together...
whitealmond chapter 4 . 12/26/2014
This is going to break my heart, I just know it
whitealmond chapter 3 . 12/26/2014
Ahhh, the end of this chapter was so intense. If anything like that ever happened, I really think Hitsugaya would lose it. I mean, look at episode 293...
whitealmond chapter 2 . 12/26/2014
I could totally see Bleach going this way, too. It would have been tragic if it had T_T
whitealmond chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
It's so sad and exciting already just starting out. I'm loving it!
animegal1023 chapter 8 . 1/3/2013
its so sad i started crying...WAAAAHHH! BUT STILL SO GOOD! luv you and i know it must be hard to "kill" your favorite character.
Bobateee chapter 8 . 2/21/2012
Wow this storys ending is so sad :'(

At least they confess at the end
Distrust chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
This is a great story! It's sad but good.

Don't ever take what Yemi Hikari says to heart. She only pointed out the one thing that irked her yet never bothered to say anything she liked. Yes she was right about women being warriors in Japan, but not every book is historically accurate. Some nonfiction books have their historical flaws. She's just trying to make herself seem smart. Not to mention she seems to only do this to HitsuHina fanfics. I seriously can't enjoy one Hitsuhina story without seeing a snide "critique" from none other than Yemi Hikari.

I for one loved the angst. You nailed the characters. Everything was in place for the perfect tragedy.
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
"She stayed up late the same day delving deep into the history of Seireitei, about the noblewomen who had dared to cross the lines and become soul reapers."

I am honestly wishing I hadn't read this... it is honestly one of my petpeeves when it comes to fanfiction for Bleach or other Anime based on the Japanese culture. Yes, in the Western culture and China, it was taboo to have female warriors, but NOT in Japan except for a small period of time in its history.

In Japan, while it wasn't common, women could become a particular samurai called the onna bugeisha. This goes all the way back to prior to 300 A.D. to the 1600's and then picked up again around the 1800's. In other words, this statement is bull, concidering that Soul Society IS based off Japan's culture and history.

The reason I dislike this mistake in fanfiction is because it is used as a way to empower female characters and make it seem so majorly special that they've become women warriors BECAUSE it was once taboo to become warriors. Except it was never taboo. This is what I call fake feminism.

Please... watch out for these kind of things in your future fanfics. Fake feminism and fame female empowerment pales greatly when compared to the real thing.
Mizulynn105 chapter 8 . 7/1/2010
I cried. This story really touched me. :D Im glad Im able to read a story like this. Keep it up and write more great stories! :D
Anaria.the.Randomer chapter 8 . 3/14/2010
D': that was amazing! The letter at the end made a perfect ending and I love the little snippets of speech at the beginning of each chapter. Great stuff!
extra cheesy chapter 8 . 12/31/2009
OhMyGoodness, I cried the first time when I read this and now I'm crying again. This is my second time reading this story, but now I can read it the whole way through without forgetting anything.

Let me just say that the letter to Hitsugaya that Momo wrote in the end was beautifully crafted. The fact that you used the title in this line "Memories are all that we can keep beyond death" and the "And this is what we keep beyond death…" as the header was...sad and beautiful in a way.

and how it just ends with a letter, it leaves me a sad, empty feeling, much like how hitsu feels and i felt that that left a bigger impact to the story.

and another thing, sorry that this is so long, but i loved the little part in one of the previous chapters how they would both joke about how their future would have been like if Momo didn't run away. Makes me wish that it really happened like that, but then it wouldn't have been much of a tragic story, would it?

Again, I loved the story. It's been fun waiting for your updates and it was a great reread. I really hope that you decide to write another multichapter for this pairing.