Reviews for Hers
Erbanana chapter 1 . 2/24
Yay! Serious!Havelock!fic!
Falero lero lero chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I like your leader fics.
Creative Title chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Its really good! Sounds like he's having really bad nightmares. Who is this mystery woman anyway? Name Her I Demand you! :)
BenRG chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Spooky, but very, very in-character and very true for the relationship between the tyrant and the city that he protects and serves. Because, to speak in the voice of Sir Samuel Vimes, "This damn city just takes everything we have to give and we're too stupid... or too damn besotted with her... to run or go crazy like any half-way smart man would. She'll suck us dry like a gods-damned vampire one day and, you know something? Well enjoy it!"

You know your Discworld and you know your Ankh-Morpork! Nice piece of work!

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Jennistar1 chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Wow. Really wonderful. I had never imagined the city's grip on Vetinari to be so intense, but you have convinced me...nicely done! I like that you added Vimes in too, I always thought he was like Vetinari in that respect. I bet he still dreams about the city a lot as well though, even with his wife and son!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Wow. This is a fitting portrait of Vetinari's relationship with... Her. Well done!
Radella Hardwick chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
This is so heart-breaking and poignant. All the more so because it's believable.

Very well written, thank you for posting.
Leia Tortoise chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Oh, that's beautiful! That's really all I can say.
LadyNemisis24 chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Wow. That's AWESOME. This is the best fic of yours I've read yet, Twist. Congratulations.

Cheers,

LN
ThePip6 chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Nice. I'm guessing the She is Ankh-Morpork? Well I liked it.
Rachel chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Well done! Very unsettling; the anthropomorphic city, beautiful but still sick and unstable, was very striking, but my favorite metaphor was actually at the very beginning: the brick wall of exhaustion, and Vetinari rolling with the impact. I never think of Vetinari in pain because he never shows it, but this story was a terrific look at the costs of perfect control.

Thanks so much for sharing!
TheMidgetBee chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
It's creepy and sad and I wish I'd written it. So, so good...
eruthiel chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
By the /tie/. My gods, that was powerful. Have a cookie. I loved, loved, LOVED it and if anyone is deserving of a cookie right now, it's you.

-Eru
Mirliton chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
We yet know Vimes' dark side, but your Vetinari's one is quite frightening. And very well described.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Is it just me, Twist, or do you enjoy tormenting our Havelock? ;-)