Reviews for Vardaman
English Scholar chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Wow, this sounds like it should be in the book.
Arianmaiden chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
You have written Vardaman perfectly. I absolutely love this.
Darl is was.
That line was so fitting, and all I think of is Darl's conversation with Vardaman about is and was in the wagon.
sierendipity chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I really loved this - I think you did an excellent job of capturing Vardaman's voice. I think that a couple other character voices were slightly mixed in as well, which I liked, since he doesn't have any Darl to emulate anymore. One thing - I would have liked to see a little bit about what's going on with Dewey Dell and the new Mrs. Bundren. If you have time, you should write another!
101Witch101 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
That was very endearing! Congratulations on keeping the style-not an easy feat! I absolutely love this-nice job :)
Da Furr chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
HAHAHAHAH very good attempt with the choppy sentences and the existentialism and confusion. :)
Tilism chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Darl is was.

This line is brilliant. Felt very sad at the fate of Darl in the novel so I am glad you made Cash and Vardaman show concern for him. Very fine piece of writing.
Ignite the Airwaves chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Wow, I thought that this was perfect. Exactly as Faulkner would have written it, and it fits Vardaman to a T. Nice work.
MerlyWhirly chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I very much liked this extension and though i think vardamans character is projected well, i remember his language being more crude and nondescriptive, for example i would not expect him to use words like "wheeze" (though such imagery would normally enhance the piece). Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, I do not recall Dewey Dell possessing such intense hatred towards Darl.
SpacePirateGirl chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Oh my gosh! That was amazing! You got Vardaman down so perfectly. I love the twist on Cash going to visit Darl, too. Man, I love Darl (ahh, don't hate me :P I know I'm weird). Anyway, write more! Later. :D

940455 chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Aw, I really liked this. For one thing, the voice was perfect for Vardaman. Most of all, I'm glad to know that Cash went to visit Darl... I always loved Cash and the relationship the two had, so it's nice you included that detail, even if Darl was "gone." Did you write this for high school or college? Either way, amazing work!
Isoran chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
I really like the way you wrote it! It really captured Vardaman's thought process. I do think you should have maybe hit on Dewey Dell's pregnency a little. I really did enjoy it! Good job
Jan Skylar chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Wow! This chapter is excellent in revealing Vardaman's thought process. The end is especially touching for Vardaman-lovers. I love the idea of his perception of the saw as wheezing, and the wood trying to breathe! I enjoyed his insight into Darl's insanity and his associations of events and feelings. You really captured his voice - impressive, nice job!

-Jen Cerame