Reviews for Changing Course
Sand-wolf579 chapter 1 . 4/11
That was totally awesome, giving Shuu more character, it's genius I tell you. Question though, does it say specifically in the show that Shin is older than Shuu? I wouldn't really know because I watched the show in english, meaning that for the longest time I thought that Jou only had one brother. Then, a few days ago, I looked up stuff for my own fanfiction, and bam, look, Jou has two different brother's that the english version meshed into one...yeah, I'm rambling now. Great job on the story.
SJC-Caron chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
FanFiction was created for stories such as this. A plus.

This fanfic takes a an aspect from Digimon Adventure that viewers only got a minor glimpses of (the Kido family dynamic) and expands upon it as well as sets things up for the Digimon Adventure 02 episode that is set in Kyoto.

Arguably the most realistic of the Digimon fics on FFdotNET.

PS: I agree with several of the other reviewers that this fanfic is in disparate need of more exposure.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
*grin* I spent three and a half years as an English writing major before admitting that all I was learning was how to teach English. In my final semester, for various reasons, I said screw it I can write children's books without a degree and changed my major to Philosophy. The teachers didn't nod, smile, and say that any interpretation is correct.
FluffleNeCharka chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
This was absolutely wonderful. From the realistic, relatable start to the wonderful finishing line, I couldn't look away from the screen. The way you write just flows and made Shuu more real than he ever was in the series. He's so well rounded and the professor is so awesome in his own strange way... I loved this. I know that there's a saying, 'the better your writing is, the fewer reviews you get' and that this saying really holds true for minor characters. Your story is a perfect example of everything that a good fanfic should have, and yet not too many people reviewed. Don't let that get you down. You are a fantastic, awe inspiring author whose writing is spellbinding. I loved this oneshot. It had a lot of heart. :)
Oneirogenic chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
I almost can't put into words how much I enjoyed this story. The things you referenced, the way you applied it to Haruhiko's class, are all things that have crossed my mind at one point or another. You don't know how pleased I am to read the words "Jungian thought" in a Digimon fanfiction. I can't walk away from this and not be inspired (all my brain wants to do now is research.)... I really apriciate this story.

The ending was *perfect*.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
A nice bit of backstory, and an exception for you in that it is more or less in continuity with 02. I especially liked the talk at the end between Shuu and Kido-san, who usually doesn't get much limelight.
animezebra chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
i have to tell you that this story meant a lot to me. Too long a story to explain, but it was worth reading considering that I'm going through a similar experience. Anyway, I really am amazed at your writing ability. You are probably my favorite writer on I have only one slight problem. Sometimes your paragraphs are really long and bunched up, which makes them harder to read. Perhaps if you tried to divide them, it would be better. Up to you, though. Other than that, it was great. Keep writing!
Asphyxiated chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
Wow.

Okay well this is rather old... written at least 4 years ago it seems ; ; I guess my review is a bit late to say the least.

I really enjoyed it though :3

I love Shuu and Takenouchi-san [and of course jyou]

A lot in here reflects my own interests and things, which i adore, and greatly appreciate. It was written rather well indeed.

Well anyways, if you actually DO read this, I admire you for it and all that good stuff.
AikoNamika chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
*stare. gape. gawk. jawdrop. gaze*

*all of the above (again)*

Wow. This...this is fantastic! You don't even need to know a ton about Digimon to enjoy this, and I really, really, REALLY enjoyed this! I mean, to be able to understand the sorts of concepts your writing about not only enough to...well, to understand them, but also to write about them and teach them...

This is amazing. The really cool thing is that it also parallels a great many discoveries that I've been going through on my own, though focused more on the writing part of literature than the reading. But still, you need to understand the same concepts, and this is just...absolutely brilliant. Most definately a favorite story for me. *nodnods*
Stars chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
Great story!
Crys Clouse chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
Ni-ice job. A deep realistic look at a very minor character. A minor point - I'm not sure it actually works very well with the Japanese education system, but that's easily ignorable

Good Work
Timp chapter 1 . 11/26/2001
Ooooo, very good - coming from a would-be med student, I can see Shuu's conflict. Heheh, silly science courses. Write more Shuufics, this one was great!
Freedom Jack chapter 1 . 11/25/2001
*smiles happily* I find it amusing, SilvorMoon, that no sooner do I return to an old Jou-centered story of mine, I run across a story of yours about another Kido brother. Shuu's predicament sounds so realistic that I couldn't help but applaud to his standing up to his father. And I'm happy to see Dr. Kido be so reasonable; I've read way too many stories where the parents of the Chosen are stubborn and mean when they children show rebellion. (Ah, and I'll get to your e-mail soon... Thank you for message; it was quite inspiring. _)
Lady Iapetus Roving Wanderer chapter 1 . 11/25/2001
Weee! Shuufic! How come we don't see more of these huh, how come? Oh, great. Now I'm channeling Culumon!
Cynthia2 chapter 1 . 11/25/2001
Shuufic! Shuufic! *purrs happily* Shuufic!