Reviews for Great King
I cried. :,(
Me chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I like it. Heartwarming!
Power Optix chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Oh gosh, this is adorable. It makes me want to give Triple D a great big hug.
that one little guy chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Oh man, now I feel even WORSE about beating him. :(

This was just... adorable. That's about all I can say.
Ivo-goji chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Wow... that was sad. I almost had tears in my eyes. Good job. Very impressive work.
The Number 1 Yoshi chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Hi there, great little story about the new mode, I've only played the original Super Star emulated and only for a short while because I got Super Star Ultra and stopped playing emulated but I have to say Revenge of the King is My favorite new mode in the game in fact the two "Revenge of" modes are both My favorite two modes in the game they tie together for first in the game. The Meta Knight one for the fun of being the sole source of destruction on a battleship raid and Revenge of the King because I'm fond of Spring Breeze and its like that mode only with more of a challenge.

Anyways I liked this little story, I never did understand why the Bandana Waddle Dee went after Kirby if Dedede said he'd been spared and didn't have to, so seeing more of an explanation behind it here.

Also I found it very nice that you also made the ending more like Extra Mode of Kirby's Dreamland's ending by having Kirby show some sympathy for King Dedede and having King Dedede cry (which is what he did in the extra mode of the original Kirby's Dreamland and then Kirby tried to console him) so its even closer to the Extra Mode in this story so that was nice making even the ending closer to the original Kirby's Dreamland's extra mode's ending I have to commend you for that.

Also there really need to be more fanfics based on Revenge of the King, your's here and Masking the pain are the only ones on (unless I missed one but I can't find any others) and Masking the Pain is a little too similar to your story (no offense to the author of that fanfic version of Revenge of the King) I know Revenge of Meta Knight has been around longer and thus has more than Revenge of the King but seriously there should really be more than just two Revenge of the King fanfictions, the mode is awesome and the way it ended could really spark some ideas for fan adaptations based on it. I mean there should at least be a little bit more, I know there probably won't be as many as Revenge of Meta Knight anytime soon but there should at least be more than just two, I mean your version should at least have something to compete against as well as Masking the Pain.

Ah well maybe there will be more one day but considering how long Super Star Ultra has been out I'm getting a little impatient waiting to see some, as I'm not a very patient person, but I'll try and wait longer.
bdun chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
the waddle dee person down there? he/she is totaly right.
Black Archangel chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I cried.

Tears of sadness and tears from seeing so much awesome.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this fanfic is just... perfect. This is probably the best thing I've read in a long, long time.

Thank you.
oh my god the regret I have chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
fav'dfav'dfav'dfav'd Omfg I love this fic so much. I nearly cried...

Yep, I'm definitely a Dedede fangirl...
WaddleDeeAnarchy chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Wow. This really made me see Revenge of the King in a different light. You fleshed out Bandana Waddle Dee's role perfectly, and Dedede seemed more like a real person, bent on revenge, instead of just a bad guy. All in all, excellent performance.
surrealserpente chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Revenge of the King was wonderful even for the cutscenes, and I loved your rendition of the fight. Best Dedede fight ever. And it was so so adorable, especially the end, the trip was so in character, and the tears! zomg.

I felt so bad when I ate loyal little Bandana Dee in the game, until he showed up again. Notice he cheers when you get hurt? XD Awesome.

One thing gets me though, in the beginning there's Dedede looking all spiffy and evil... and then Kirby goes and kicks his arse! He didn't even do anything. D;
Bored of the world chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Brilliant one-shot! You've definately made me see the 'Revenge of the King' in a different light. You also fleshed out the role of Bandana Waddle Dee nicely, which is one of my favourite characters of KSSU.