Reviews for Children of Eorl
EugeniaVictoria chapter 1 . 1/1
Very pretty! Thanks for sharing.
PSW chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
What a lovely picture of the children of the Rohirrim! And probably one equally apt, if not so happy, of the Dunedain children. Two utterly different manners of preparing to be unleashed on the world, each suited to their environment and the way they will serve...

Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
An amazing juxtaposition between the childhood of Aragorn and the Dunedain and that of the children of Eorl. More about Thorongil's time in Rohan please. There aren't may fanfics about this. ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Very beautiful ! "Run free, Son of Eorl." I really enjoyed this one shot. Thanks for sharing.
Emily chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Sounds fun to be a child of Rohan. : )

That last line took my breath away: Run free, Son of Eorl.

Beautiful.
Moonprincess202 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
I really liked this. It was interesting seeing a child Théoden.
Malva chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I loved this fic. The contrast you showed between how the Dunedain and the Rohirrim bring up children was very believable and said a lot about these cultures and their different approaches to life.

I also like how you showed Aragorn as being a little shocked by the customs in Edoras and being mystified by children in general. It shows a younger, less experienced side of him than the one we see in the books - he wasn't yet so wise or world-savvy back then. Young Theoden was just as I would've imagined him. :)

All in all, a very enjoyable fanfic vignette.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
It's nice to see an Aragorn and Theoden fic, even if it was just a little part at the end. I liked how Aragorn was slightly confused and intrigued by the little habits and doings of the Rohan children, him being the only child raised in Rivendell and the Rangers not raising many children. Great job!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I enjoyed this very much. I hope all the children of M-e will have a happier future partially thanks to Aragorn and the Rangers will have more Aragorn not being able to know other children when he was young.
Bittersweet x chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
That was really nice. I liked the description of the Dunedain children.. seems very accurate. Nicely done
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Very nice!

The paragraphs on the Dunedain were sad, but they fit into LOTR.

I loved how you ended this story. You were able to capture the spirit of the Rohirrim very well.

Glad you wrote more!

~Cal
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I'm so glad to find you've posted another LOTR story! This one was as excellent as the last. I like how you compare the different realms in Middle-earth and how they might treat their children. My own views on the Dunedain are similar to yours, and I really like how you write Aragorn/Thorongil. His wistfulness at the very end seemed very much like Aragorn to me ... knowing the harsh life of a warrior king that awaited him, and wanting him to treasure those free moments as long as possible. I also liked how you had his horse understand the ways a children a bit better than Thorongil. That was a nice touch. Another very good story-thanks for posting.
Krahl chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I like the story very much; the differences between children in Imladris, Gondor and Rohan are interesting. I can really picture Rohirrim children running around wild all day. Very nice.