Reviews for The Stages
BRUCAS123 chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Omg, this is on my favorites list but I've never reviewed it. We must have just talked about it. Over and over and over again. I forgot the twist, though I remembered there being one.

I just love this story. Love, love, love. I miss your writing.
pam chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
wow, just came across this one-shot and i must say i am so impressed. i just want to repeat everything else that all the previous reviewers have said and leave it a that. hope to read something else of your's soon.
NothingCharming chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
oh wow. that was the saddest thing I've ever read. I was not expecting that...
tifa1984 chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Aww sh*t, you killed Brooke. I knew there was something off, but damn... Awesome one-shot. I'm off to read again to savor Luke's imaginings.
yaba chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
wow. what an awesome one shot. this is wonderful and i am surprised i didnt discover it earlier. keep writing, you have a great way of story telling.

Yana :)
jada jasmine chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
completely awesome. i am in awe.

although im not a hundred percent sure why peytons gone all emo on lucas, but its peyton so she doesnt really need an excuse. FAVORITE.
jaimiee chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
that was so sad and beautiful, im actually crying right now. your a very good writer.
only-because3 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
BEAUTIFUL oneshot! ALthough I'm a litle confused. Is Peyton all emo because of what happened to Brooke? Anyway, I think this would be a really chapter story *wink wink*
tripnfallbri chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Uhm wow. I am speechless. This story really got to me and touched me deeply. I even teared up! This story was so tragic and beautiful, about a love so strong, not even death could really come between. I am shocked you do not have more reviews!

I loved this story. I could tell something was up when it seemed like only Luke could see or talk to Brooke, but it was still really powerful to read the last lines and find out how badly her death had affected everyone, especially Lucas. Still I felt that through out the whole story Brooke actually was there, like in spirit I mean, and not just in Luke's head/heart.

You write so amazingly! I thought you captured the essence of Brooke perfectly. So fun loving, playful, sweet, and helpful (not to mention sexy). I loved every single little scene of this story, from her racing him at the river court, to the cheerleading scene, to BL feeling each other up in bed with Peyton right there, to even the part where Brooke convinces him to go attempt to make right with Peyton. (I thought that really captured her selflessness).

Oh but God, the ending was both heartbreaking and tender at the same time. I loved how you worded it.

"This, denial, is, in the end, the easiest thing. It gives him the strength to inhale and exhale and inhale and just keep doing it on and on and fucking on.)

He just wishes she had the chance to breathe in sync with him, a little behind and a little across from, so that his hand could accidentally brush her thigh and his eyes could sometimes meet hers and his heart could maybe, once in the rarest while, touch hers."

That is just beautiful! Pure perfection. And I like how finally, the title and the story made sense and everything was tied together. I just can't get over how much I liked this!

I am so in love with this story, I am going to read it again right now when I'm finished with this review, even if it makes me teary eyed again. You are an amazing writer.
Laura chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Okay so at first I was kind of confused, but when I got it, I got and then went on to read it six more time. Absolutely amazing. That has to be one of the sweetest oneshots ever. I love when he told Haley the party was Brooke's idea (even though she wasn't really there) and Haley just hugged him tighter. Spectacular!
ipodder chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
oh my effing god. This was perhaps the best one shot i have ever read in my life. I don't even know what to write. Wow! I seriously can't tell that you're not a native speaker. The tone of the piece was perfect, and i loved the bit about the cheerleading.

And oh my god..the twist at the end, i swore i didn't see it coming, i mean, i thought it was at least going to end up as BL or something, and i kept reading..and thinking..why is peyton depressed all the time? And at the end..the wheels were turning and it clicked. And i seriously got chills down my spine.

Loved it. Perfect. Sorry for the long review! x