Reviews for For The Right Reason
machievelli chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Posted 16 June 2014, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents.

KOTOR AU on Taris: The survivors of the Endar Spire plan their search

The piece has an interesting twist. Revan never went to war, but knows Malak best, explaining her assignment as master. Having them trade places, Revan having been captured with Bastila looking for her instead makes Bastila less abrasive.

The primary negative I have is that as her apprentice, Bastila should have a Force link to her. Perhaps the collar is interfering with it, but if so, why not mention it?

Thirty chapters long, just the first one was interesting.
Guest chapter 23 . 1/14/2014
Great chapter ! I so enjoy your depiction of dantooine and the Jedi and settlers there! I hope you will write more!
Guest chapter 27 . 12/12/2013
This is such a fantastic chapter and so plausible! Thank you for writing it!
Guest chapter 26 . 12/9/2013
This is my favorite chapter so far! Thank you! I really enjoyed the fight with juhani and the changes in the landscape and story while still being true to the game and characters. The sandral estate was the most well developed I have read ! caffacoffee
Guest chapter 25 . 12/8/2013
This was really a lot of fun to read! I enjoyed having the Jedi get back up like in the game as well as the sandals and matales; cassus surviving is great!
Guest chapter 23 . 12/7/2013
This is such a fun story to read! I love how well developed dantooine is, and all the characters have so much depth!
Lizz chapter 30 . 7/11/2013
I absolutly love where i think you are going you are such a good writer...it kind of makes me shamefull that i just got into KOTOR and i haven't even played 2 yet (...and i am attempting dark side play through on 1 but it's so hard cuz i don't like it...but back to your amazing story, i absolutly love your Revan she's pretty kick ass even though she doesn't do it to often...but i love her and Carth's moments and i squell like a fangirl everytime... i love your humor everything is funny or that could just be me P oh im Aussie too huzah im Sydney side though ) I look forward to many more chapters and hopefully way more fluffy Carth and Revan P
Spoodles chapter 30 . 10/17/2010
How could we have forgotten about this amazing story? Took me forever to read and review... life is crazy... but I loved this chapter!

Yup the Swag/Bas bits are the best! Although I loved the Swagger/Carth interaction too.. hehe I just like Swag. :-)

Manaan is my least favorite so... feel free to change it as much as you'd like! As if you needed my permission.. I just like to make myself feel important.

Glad to hear you have some basic ideas for Manaan. I can't wait to read about them!
notimportantanymore chapter 30 . 9/24/2010
My biannual re-read of this story completed, I was pleased to see several new chapters I hadn't read before for one reason or another. Had a nice refresher course on the beginning of the game, and got a much better sense of the time elapsed from the start until their departure from the enclave.

As usual, a lot of things I liked and very few that I didn't. In short, Eva and Carth seem to have struck up a nice friendship. Love the group dynamics and friction now that the gang is back on the ship. Canderous, in a way, is a right barrel of laughs. Bastila and Mission having their major friendly moment was great (and Bastie is just about the coolest nickname for her that I had never heard before). You've also managed to portray the situation on Manaan in all it's annoying glory.

One minor mistake I might as well point out is how in the last chapter the stowaway girl in one paragraph suddenly became Sasha in the next one without any introduction or anything. That's all.

It's been almost two months since the last chapter was posted, so I hope it's a good time to ask you to come back to this. I'm eager to see how the new superstar addition to the crew plays out, after all.
MissScarlet202 chapter 9 . 9/6/2010
I really love the password for the computer. I-L-O-V-E-G-I-Z-K-A-S. made me laugh.

good job!
name chapter 30 . 8/20/2010
I missed this story, glad to see it continue.
Jemina chapter 30 . 8/14/2010
Yay update! And I eagerly await more.
Ioialoha chapter 30 . 8/6/2010
yay update! glad to see this story still lives. looking forward to more!
Jen DeClan chapter 30 . 8/5/2010
You had me doing cartwheels and backward flips, and I don't DO those, but, frack, yes, I remember this story! Take it from me, you have Swagger down because he does have a charming side when it comes to women and he has a soft place in his heart for Bastila and he's half Mandie, half Echani, so the honor thing's big with them, too. Great job of using him to cut through all the running around on Manaan. How many times did I get lost on that planet? And the Sasha thing was fine because it got Bastila out alone. Swagger does have the Force, although he's the last to admit it and his mother was killed by one of the Jedi in the Mandie Wars, so he does have a reason not to like Jedi. Just a little back-ground, but I like the way you write him and the face-off between him and Carth was great! Looking forward to more.
Jenna53 chapter 30 . 8/5/2010
Great chapter and is wasn't a very long wait for me since I just finished reading up to here a few days ago. I like Bastila a lot better as a teenager. I though of her as an adult when I played and found her attitude very annoying. It is more acceptable in a teen. Thanks for writing. And for recommending "Luck Be A Smuggler" I am reading that now.