Reviews for The Rack
Iorhael chapter 2 . 2/14/2009
Oh God. You're not cheap. This was beyond everything i've read about it.
ljR chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
Excellent! Thanks for all your hard work on this story.
sylia91 chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
Oh I loved this and am so glad that you were able to finish it. Hope that Dean in the show can save Sam and forgive himself at some point because he can't possibly continue as he is now before breaking completely. Thanks for the great fic. Love your stuff,I am a great fan!
CaptainPixie chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
I am sat here in FLOOD'S of tear's. I wish I could write like you my dear. this is very powerful stuff!

annie200 chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
This was beautifully written and the logic of Dean's time in hell was so plausibly explained. Poor Dean, you're right he never questioned what happened to him, only blames himself for what he did to others.

I hope you are correct that Sam will be saved by Dean because post Sex and Vioelnce it's all pretty depressing stuff.

Thank you for this thought-provoking story.
irismay42 chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
What a superb ending to a fantastic fic! Not only did you nail Dean's character, but you also got Castiel spot on - no mean feat considering you were writing from the point of view of an angel!

I really loved Castiel's take on Dean, the way his own empathy pushed him to try and help Dean overcome his disgust with his own actions in Hell.

This bit:

He closed his eyes, sucking in a deep breath before opening them and speaking with disdain, “Yeah? Well, I don’t like who I am.”

“God does.”

was especially good, and I love the idea that God would allow Dean to go through what he did in Hell so that he would have a better idea of what it was like to become intoxicated with evil and be able to use that to save Sam from making the same mistake.

I'm really hoping God chose to save Dean not only because he deserved to be saved, but also so that he could help save Sam too. I think a lot of the fandom who don't like the Dean / Angels, Sam / Demons split are only looking at the surface and not seeing that the angels have been trying to save Sam through Dean too.

I liked the whole "Stokholm Syndrome" idea too - that Dean would maybe have started to "enjoy" the torturing as a response to having been tortured himself - allying himself with his torturers as a method of stopping his own torture and numbing his pain.

This was a brilliant defence of Dean's actions in Hell. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had a "Huh?" moment when Dean announced he'd actually enjoyed doing the torturing, and I think you've explained the reasons for that admirably.

A fantastic fic, with a brilliant, positive ending - well worth the wait!
Zatnikatel chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
That was just gorgeous. You really nailed Castiel's wisdom and the way his emotional detachment is warring with his obvious regard for Dean.

Would love to see something like this on Show...
SamDeanLover28 chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
m glad you're back was a little worried-(, great chapter and ill you see the next story you write :)
pandora jazz chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
YNice wrap up to the story.

I liked the conversation Castiel had with Dean and the reference to "Faith" - "God saw into your heart".

You put a lot of thought into this. I like the reasoning you used for what Dean did in hell and why Sam has chosen his path.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Talk to you later.
jdsreignsupreme chapter 3 . 1/9/2009
Hey BJ...this is turning into a fascinating story and I am looking forward to seeing where you go with it...I have loved who Dean is right from the moment I saw the first episode and I have hated the way things have gone for him...I am hoping that Kripke makes life easier for him towards the end...he needs more than he is being given and I hope your story gives him that...Sounds a bit silly doesn't it?...Oh well...

mtee1958 chapter 3 . 1/6/2009
Now I have to watch that final scene again - for the 100th time!

Great chapter - all the hard questions being asked. Why didn't Cas come after 29 years?
irismay42 chapter 3 . 1/5/2009
I really hope Dean and Castiel can return to the point where they're talking like this again and not threatening to smite each other! I do like the idea of Castiel trying to help Dean forgive himself for what he did in Hell. One thing you've got to remember is that those souls he was torturing down there were Down There for a reason. I suspect not many were there merely because they made a rash decision to save their brother's life.

I really liked how you brought George back into this story too. He was a character I really liked and sympathised with in a way, but he was very accepting of his fate, knowing he'd done wrong and had to be punished. And when you look at it, Dean had also done wrong. Sam was supposed to be dead and Dean making a deal with a demon to bring him back went against nature and, possibly, God's will. So I guess he couldn't be allowed to get off completely scot-free could he?

Looking forward to how you conclude this story...
Dark Austral chapter 3 . 1/4/2009
Holy crap... :O

That almost about moved me to tears, just as powerful as the first confession in the show. Castiel and Dean exploding, sheesh.
Dark Austral chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
Intense but loved it. I liked how we got to peek into Alastair's mind and what Dean could have become if he hadn't been saved. I'm too eager for the next chappie to write more except you're doing a great job!
Zatnikatel chapter 3 . 1/3/2009
Wow… I was totally convinced this was ‘real time’ for Dean but I don’t feel at all cheated that it was a ‘flashback’, so to speak.

You have an extraordinary gift with words: the way you write is almost poetic: ‘Releasing the secret gave him the freedom to acknowledge his pain, but the light of day couldn’t erase the gloom of his nightmares or ease the darkness that laid claim to his very soul’… that’s beautiful.

‘Another well-worn brick wedged into a wall that was growing more impressive with each painful memory, threatening to entomb him within his desolation. Sometimes he felt like he wanted it. He knew with certainty it was what he deserved; and when his thoughts turned down that darkest path, he even wondered if it would be easier to just get it over with, yield to the unrelenting pressure and give in… give up’ – what a searing and powerful description of guilt and self-hate.

You have that angel totally figured out:

‘Every conversation with Castiel was layered with intrigue and mystery or buried in threats’… I so think the Feathered Friends have an agenda our boy isn’t going to like oe bit once he finds out what it is!

‘Pain and guilt that intense is patient, stealthy as it awaits its time to roar into glorious fruition’ – this whole chapter reads like one of those long-haired 18th century poets in billowing white shirts and breeches wrote it as he tramped over the moors: it’s… gothic! Fucking A!
60 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »