Reviews for The Rack
vampout chapter 2 . 12/17/2008
wow awesome chap, really looking foward to chap 3! poor dean, cant wait for cas to yank him out!
Zarz chapter 2 . 12/17/2008
It's really interesting how both chapters end with the idea of being broken, yet in two totally opposite directions. Is Dean's second breaking what allows Castiel to finally go in and rescue him? Really, really interesting work - great job!
SciFiRN chapter 2 . 12/17/2008
Dean had a moment of weakness, or maybe strength only to then have a moment of strength or weakness...It really does depend on which side of the knife you are on.

He's surviving the best he can, doing what he has to and then redeeming himself before it goes to far. It's something he's very good at; pulling himself back up by his bootstraps, and starting over.

Oh, but Alistair is only going to make it worse for him.

I liked how Dean "found God" there at the end and eventually God answers by sending an angel. Great update and an interesting take on Dean's time down under.

Merry Christmas to you also :)
RNandSniper chapter 2 . 12/17/2008
Well here is a review, mind the lack of wrapping paper, or not whatever...

Once again, you have broached an intense topic and handelled it well. Mind the spelling, just wrote a physics final... :(

Dean finally standing back up to Allistar. "Yeah?" "Maybe... but not today" Is just so Dean. Your writing is complete in sync with the kind of person Kripke has made him. I'd say Dean not doing this on the show is out of character. Sure, sometimes he falls, get depressed and breaks. But he always rebuilds himself. He's just going to need a little bit more help this time. Enter the angel.

Nice use of Dean finally using religious references. Too bad he doesn't remember that on the show. (Though it would be a point in Castiel's favour, and Dean couldn't let that happen lol)

I really enjoy reading this. Too bad its not going to be updated until after Christmas. Though I can wait, Dean spent forty years in hell. Whats another week and half... :)

Thanks!

Castiel's drycleaner
Yvz chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Wow :o it was really really great. I'm waiting for the next chapters
Krystiana chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Oh. Dean is so deliciously twisted. And yet so... DEAN. He's the master of masks, and he keeps one up even in Hell because he HAS to. Great work - definitely looking forward to the following chapters!
DeanBean chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Great chapter

Poor Dean :(

I can't wait for the next chapter

More when you can

deanbean

xoxoxoxo
heraldtaliar chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Wow! That was so good and dark! Poor Dean! Please update soon.
RNandSniper chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Hmm, very dark.

Not bad though. Dark in an insightful way.

Keep going for sure, I desperately want to see what you do with Castiel.

The last two paragraphs are very telling of Dean.

You chose a very dark, touchy subject, and so far you are doing a good job of it.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Thanks for the warning. Your right, it is depressing and dark. Dean is still being tortured, only he is doing it to himself this time, instead of the demons bleeding him out.

Nice to know that there is only three chapters. Curious how you will end this one.

Thanks for the note.

I think I may be in the mood for a SN marathon too as weather forecast for the weekend is snow, lots of snow and than a balmy high next week of 17, with a low of -7...winter is coming.

Thanks for sharing a new story with us.

Until next time, take care.
weeziewatts chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Holy Hell...wonderful job.

weezie
nannon chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
pretty intense.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Ooh, this is going to be a difficult read... Well done on tackling this subject - I honestly don't think I could have written it. It's hard to see your hero turned into the villain, and you've done a great job showing why that happened and how Dean's still fighting despite having given in.

I liked the line about Dean's being "the hammer" - as he described Castiel - and also Demon!Dean's "Daddy's blunt little instrument" taunts from DALDOM. It always seems that Dean is never in charge of his own destiny - first Dad, then his almost pathological need to "save Sammy", Lilith owning his soul, and finally Alistair turning him into the one thing he never thought he could be.

That was an interesting section too - about how Sam would fare Down There. I honestly don't think I could guess at an answer to that, although I still would have liked to see him stride into Hell and save Dean himself!
SciFiRN chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Ugh...horrible, but in a very good way.

Pressure applied the right way ALWAYS results in a fracture...exactly what breaks is the question and how far away from your starting point you eventually fall is always up for question. I can't wait to see where your Dean ends up...
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008