Reviews for Thrill of the Chase
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
This has to be when Barbossa had the Pearl, right? This is such a great rendering of James' voice. You can feel him seething with rage as he watches the destruction. We as POTC fans forget that the overwhelming majority of pirates were dangerous and not at all as charming and closeted about being nice as Jack. You've done a great job of showing us James' resolve in very few words.
Anne Lessing chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Excellent drabble! I must commend you on your use of adjectives. "practiced ease," "wooden confetti," all that jazz. You really put a crystal clear image in your viewer's mind. It was like watching a movie in my head! I'm adding this to my community.

may your imagination never falter,

Anne

(gotta love inventive goodbyes)
Rory4 chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
This was short and sweet, and I adored it. The way you described the ship wreck ("...and sections of her deck, bulwark and rails strew about her like so much wooden confetti."), and the 'Pearl' ("...an ebony ship with sails of tattered midnight canvas..."), was absolutely breathtaking. You gave me this full, brilliant mental vision of this scene, with Norrington watching and seething from his own ship, with just a few words. That's a mark of an immensely talented writer, that is. Again, I think you did an amazing job with the character here. You displayed perfectly Norrington's feelings and views on pirates. I FELT what he was feeling. You really got me into his head, and I was there on that ship, watching that ship wreck burn. Brava!

-Rory4
ChaosandMayhem chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
o...I got chills. Thank you for your kind reviews! I really appreciate the feedback.
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Ravaged with practiced ease-really gives a feel for the flippancy of it, and brings the last line into even sharper relief!

I enjoyed the abrupt beginning, no introduction, nothing. Bang! There's a ship. This initial tension adds intrique to your drabble.

The ambiguity of the title also adds a bit of intrigue. The thrill of the chase, but for who? Norrington tracking Pirates, or Barbossa (I'm assuming it's him) casually stalking prey? This double focus is well thought out!

Good job!
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Very clever and realistic. What pirates were really like - not just the fantasy.

Nasty.

Damsel
Dr. Sugar chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Poor Norrington and his pirate-angst! Very nicely written!

Dr. Sugar
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Nice!
Ossiana of the BPRD chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Beautiful writing.

:D
Tina Marina chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Now we have Barbossa from a completely different point of view...I liked how he's never mentioned by name, yet we all do know who it's about! ;)

Another great drabble!

-Tina
Flygon Pirate chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Wow, this is really good.

What a great response for the prompt!

:D
And MY Hat Enterprises chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I am in two minds as to who this is about and when it is set! Based on your other fics, I would lean more heavily to the idea that it is Captain Hector Barbossa that has done this, and that the ship is the one young Will Turner was on at the beginning of CotBP. Besides, Barbossa loves a good raid.

However, I was unsure as to whether Norrington actually knew of Barbossa before the events of CotBP and the majority of people thought that The Black Pearl was in fact just a myth. That is why I'm also inclined to think that this pirate is Captain Jack Sparrow - who else vexes Norrington so much?

A great little fic! The ambiguity only makes it more interesting! I like things which make me think!

Keep writing!

And MY Hat Enterprises
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Gah! This suddenly came out of nowhere and I'm glad it did!

Love this line - "No, that pirate also plundered an innocent ship just for the sheer enjoyment of it..."

It was very dark, so much so that it really sent shivers up my spine!

Wonderful use of the drabble prompt! I'm so glad you used Norrington as your muse :)