Reviews for Standing Witness
exquisitus somnium x chapter 3 . 8/24/2014
god, this was heart wrenching. you have a beautiful way with words, and i wish i had even a fourth of that talent so i could express just how amazed (for lack of a better word in another language) i was at this. Michael and Terry's friendship is my absolute favorite and most beautiful thing anyone has ever done with J.K. Rowling's characters, even including J.K. Rowling herself. you may have already noticed, considering that I'm going through all of your work and reading all of the michael/terry centric ones. the chapter with Michael and Belson is my favorite in DAYD, i reread it over and over and now i'm going to be reading this over and over. i'm sitting here with a tear stained face (i've never in my life cried reading anything, ever, so that's a first) and my heart broken. no story has affected me so deeply, and again i wish i could tell you this in some gorgeous, eloquent way but i can't, so i'd just like you to know that everything about this was stunning. i never believed words could be so beautiful, never understood the hype about writing, but reading this i do now. thank you.
PhoenixQuille chapter 3 . 12/11/2013
The feels! Gosh, don't know what to say in the face of such imperfect perfection? Terry, Michael...everything that could be said has been, in more eloquent words. I wish there could be an AU where the DA all got a happy ending, but then it wouldn't be DAYD, would it? It wouldn't be as human, magnificent and flawed...it wouldn't be as incredible as what you write.
SavingViolets chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
I think Mike heard. Maybe it wasn't in the front of his mind, but Mike definitely understood everything Terry was saying. They're too close for him not to. I especially loved Terry's metaphor, of the Library of Alexandria and Mike. How both are so beautiful on the outside, and filled with wonderful treasures on the inside. He must really care for Mike.

It sucks. The worrying and uncertainty, I mean. My best friend spends half her time in the hospital, so I can empathize to an extent, but there is a point that I can't reach past. I have never put her there, and that is Terry's biggest issue at the moment. He hates himself for what he did to Mike, but Mike doesn't hate him for it. Terry needs to accept that no one blames him for what he did, Michael is actually grateful. And until he forgives himself, it's a lot harder for anyone else to move on. I think he can do it, though. And I know Michael will help him.

Anyway, good job on a truly wonderful piece. Definitely one of your best works.
SavingViolets chapter 2 . 6/18/2012
I really hate Terry's parents right now. How they told him that being dependent on someone is weak. It's not. Loving someone, needing someone, depending on someone, that's what makes him strong. I just wished he realised that, because he and Mike have something amazing. Something that can withstand an Unforgivable. Sometimes even murderers deserve a second chance, and there is no doubt in my mind that Mike will forgive him (and I'm not saying that because I read DAYD and I know he does). And as sick and twisted and evil as Zabini is, it means a lot that Mike is Terry's weak spot, as well as his strongest.
SavingViolets chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Oh, my God, those guys are so close. It kind of reminds me of what Arthur told Neville in DAYS, about how when you share your pain it gets cut in half. It seems different, though, with these two. Like their pain is cut in half, but also doubled when they share it, if that makes any sense.

This made me cry. Honestly, it did, and that is no small feat, I will assure you. But it made me think of how I would be if I was in that situation, if I had to watch my best friend go through that, if I had to put her out of such awful misery. I was amazed at how calmly Terry managed it, all things considered. I guess the potion might have something to do with that, but either way, I would have been unable to handle it, which just goes to show that Terry is much stronger and much braver than I am. He's much stronger and much braver than he thinks he is, too.
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
This is a heartbreaking story, but I still don’t understand why Terry didn’t (a) kill Bensen or (b) shoot a Stunner at Michael.
DreamFlyer chapter 3 . 1/18/2012
Out of the Whole DAYD universe these two hit me the most. These two characters have such and amazing connection, and you capture them so incredibly well that my heart broke for them throughout this fic, and DAYD.

You have a POWERFUL writing style and skill, and I am so glad you use it well.

Dreamwings
amazingtofu chapter 3 . 12/29/2011
Terry and Michael. They're friendship is beautiful.

Just everything about the two of them is the next level.
amazingtofu chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
Even in his grief, Terry is still able to protect the DA by protecting the chain of command. A Ravenclaw's mind.

It hurts my heart when Terry wants Neville to torture him because he feels he deserves it.

And the last line, Blaise telling Terry that Mike didn't die. I mean, I knew Mike was still alive because I'd read DAYD, but reading that I felt like I was finding that out for the first time and I could almost feel the emotions Terry was feeling.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Terry casting that spell is one of those moments. The one I can't imagine ever being a part of. He loved Mike so much that he had to do it. He couldn't just sit there and watch Mike suffer.
goldfish.attack chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
This is so sad and so lovely.

Terry and Michael. That is one lovely friendship.
Twigglet25 chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
oh my, i'm actually sitting here and weeping. thank you, that was beautiful x
HangTogetherOrHangSeperate chapter 3 . 11/27/2010
I agree with all the other reviewers...this was just so amazing and terrible to read...oh what i wouldn't give for a friend like that.

You truly have a gift, my friend.
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 3 . 11/12/2010
This is just heart-wrenching.
WeatherWatch chapter 3 . 6/11/2010
Oh my word... I just glanced over the other reviews, and someone mentioned how hard it was reading this in Nev's point of view, but that this version was almost excruciating. I concur. I don't know how Terry could get over those feelings... he and Mike have the most amazing relationship. It's so real, but it makes me glad that it's all fiction. I mean, its absolutely heart-wrenching and unbearable, really, but so amazing, and superbly written.