Reviews for The Long Road
Jennifer chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
The way you portrayed Bonnie and Devon was chilling. It was scary how Devon only thought of Kitt as a piece of equipment. Wilton Knight's dream, I think, was more than that. Why else would the car be controlled by an AI instead of a computer? I am also glad that Bonnie showed herself to understand and finally came through for them. Michael can't help but be overprotective of his partner, after all he feels like he failed his last one. Sequel, this story just screams for a sequel. A long one with loose ends tied up and everything.
crism1976 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Nice story. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it, and I hope to see more from you.

I think you kept Devon in-character pretty well. (He was always a little more standoffish with Kitt.)

And I think Bonnie reacted in-character as well. Considering how protective and passionate she was of Kitt and his uniqueness from the very beginning I would expect her to understand Michael's actions better. (Of course she interacted much more closely with Kitt than Devon did, so she had more opportunity to see Kitt as a person than a computer.)

I especially liked her line, "“Kitt’s primary function is the preservation of Michael’s life.” I always wondered a bit about that.
Couragefan09 chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
It's been awhile since I've read a Knight Rider story I can really get into! I like the whole idea of them abandoning FLAG and I've been waiting for a story like this!
dixiedream1n chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
This is good - very good. I think the song fits very well; finally something I actually like that song in, lol. A huge step in Kitt's evolution that few people will ever understand. I also appreciate that Bonnie DOES understand and that they plan on "saving" her in return for it. Bonds and family, tighter than law...

I think bringing in the concept of the mini earlink is good too, btw. That's one thing I think was a great idea in KR2008. Long-term and secretive.
hayknight chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Love it...will u carry on with this?
Sarai chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
I like it.
curse-of-the-cat chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
omygod! i loved it! it was so sad. is there gonna be a second chapter?