Reviews for Sins of the Father
cjnwriter chapter 24 . 6/5
An excellently written story. I love how all the threads running though it tie so neatly together in the end, as well as the title. Your writing style is superb as is your insight into both Holmes and Watson, as well as what it is to lose a child. There were some very moving moments in this story. Well done, and thank you for sharing!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 24 . 3/8
nice
Nearing Midnight chapter 24 . 11/5/2015
A lovely story, and a great read all around!
Play-Your-Song chapter 24 . 12/29/2014
Hi! I just finished reading, and I want to tell you this is a really great story! I especially like Holmes' conversation with Watson about Ellie. Holmes may not have an answer for WHY, but to have him sympathize with Watson about how unjust it was is perfect. The mix of mystery & illness was perfect. Speaking of the mystery, I thought the whole investigation was well thought-out and fun to read. :)
Play-Your-Song chapter 9 . 12/28/2014
Review Ch 9: You've done a great job with the Lynchs. Mrs. Lynch is a really good client. I like with the unfolding of the mystery, we also have hints of Watson's condition, but of course he keeps pushing himself. The pacing of your story is really good. It's been fun to read!
Play-Your-Song chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Review for Ch 1: This is a great beginning! I think the telegram was clever. Looking forward to reading the rest!
mexicana chapter 24 . 12/17/2014
Wonderfully written, thank you so much for sharing!
Magisterium chapter 24 . 9/6/2014
Another excellent story! Not without a twinge of sadness, but you handled it well, and I liked seeing some back story about a part of Watson's life that's usually only mentioned, even in fan fic. The entire thing was beautifully done, from the case to the doctor's grief, and the way Holmes' cares for him. Absolutely lovely, every bit of it.
Dogmatil chapter 24 . 10/6/2013
Beautiful ending to a wonderful story. First the case, with the two lost girls, then Watson's illness and in the end Holmes and Watson talking about his little daughter. I think it really fitted well into the story and I especially loved that Watson wanted Holmes as godfaher
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Good chapter
lovesFanFic chapter 24 . 12/12/2010
This is beautiful. Thank you for such a thoughtful and touching story.
lovesFanFic chapter 22 . 12/12/2010
I absolutely love your descriptions. Keeping both Holmes and Watson in character for H/C is tricky, and you do it well.
lovesFanFic chapter 6 . 12/12/2010
Aww. Holmes has a fanboy! I love the idea that tales of the daring detective sustain a 15 year old trying to support his family. Three cheers for Boswell, and for sharing the joy.
Carriewhowasreading chapter 24 . 11/23/2010
A moving and beautiful tale, thank you.
Sheila Snow chapter 24 . 5/22/2010
Oh, bravo! It is a rare fic indeed that manages to combine an interesting case story with extremely well handled h/c. Your OC's are well rounded and interesting, and I thought Holmes and Watson to be thoroughly in character throughout. Your grammar and story construction are excellent, and I certainly appreciate the obvious amount of time you have spent in researching this. All in all, a most satisfying story, and I am looking forward to perusing anything else you may have written. Fantastic work!