Reviews for Sins of the Father
spidersweet chapter 24 . 2/22/2010
What a wonderful story! I'm new to the fandom, and am just gradually looking through older things. This is my absolutely favorite kind of h/c-where characters act reasonably, not OTT or melodramatically. I loved the period details for the medicine, and I loved the way Holmes and Watson both understood how much they cared about each other-the unspoken but clearly acknowledged love.
AnonymousBlu chapter 24 . 1/29/2010
This was amazing. I read the whole thing last night...on my phone. I may now be blind. And I'm so glad my daughter fell asleep so she couldn't hear me sniffling. I do love a hurt/sick/wounded Watson, and have been known to cut to the chase, but I read all of this and just loved it. The way the case just reflected Watson's loss and Holmes guilt was masterful. I just love your writing style, very canon-ish, but not so dry and stilted. Again, I am amazed at the quality of SH fic out here. Thank you!
Mariagoner chapter 24 . 1/18/2010
Poor Ellie... she sounded so darling. And poor Watson to have to face it, and the death of his wife! The end of this entire story was wonderfully bittersweet.
LinZE chapter 24 . 12/22/2009
fantastic - thank you for sharing!
KylaRyan chapter 24 . 8/14/2009
Excellent story. I quite loved it a lot!~KR
Blurgle chapter 24 . 5/18/2009
What a lovely story. I liked especially how you handled the medical aspects and especially Holmes's reaction to Watson's illness - his inability to accept his helplessness above all. I also liked that you made Jackson a competent doctor and a well-rounded character, and that you didn't fall into the trap of making the odious Mrs. Pringle into the perpetrator of a crime. A wonderful, wonderful story. I really enjoyed it.
Swamp Adder chapter 24 . 4/29/2009
I really enjoyed this! A lot of hurt/comfort doesn't do it for me because I feel it's too OoC, but you struck just the right balance between Holmes' concern and his stoicism; the characterization is simply perfect. So sad to know what happened to poor Watson, and I like the way you connected the plight of the girls and their father to Watson's own tragic memories. Admirably done.
janeeyrefan chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
A truly fantastic piece, told in typical Sherlock Holmes style. One could honestly think it was Conan Doyle writing. Simply marvellous stuff.
pebbles66 chapter 24 . 3/13/2009
I've loved this story, and hate for it to end. Very sweet that Mary and Watson would have asked Holmes to be godfather. Thank you for this lovely fic!
Msynergy chapter 24 . 3/12/2009
Love the dressing-gown bit and especially love the ending! This was a really great read, thank you very much for sharing!
AmatorLinguae chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
Aha, so that was who the blonde toddler was. An excellent conclusion, especially tying in Victor with Ellie - I hadn't really noticed the similarity there.

It's rather funny to see Holmes as nurse-maid - and I loved Watson's "dressing-gown" retort!
sherlockiANNE chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
Very sweet conclusion!
Westron Wynde chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
"Besides, it is high time I broke your monopoly of lounging about in dressing gowns" - lol! I love that line :)

Well, what can I say, but bravo for a great idea carried through to fruition. Your research into the medical side of Victorian life always leaves me in awe - and never gladder that I live in an age of antibiotics. From start to finish, it's been totally IC, throughout trials, tribulations and illness, and your dialogue has always been spot-on. And that ending... you've left me with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

Loved it. And thank you for sharing a great story with us :)
aragonite chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
Ditto with KCS! This was sad in the right places, and uplifting for the same. I was so glad to read this...
KCS chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
I'm glad this wasn't so sad as to be hopeless, but rightfully sad in a gentle way. Everything about this story was perfect, from first to last.

Definitely one of my top three favorite stories I've ever read. Thank you so much for using that plot bunny!
212 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »