Reviews for Sins of the Father
aragonite chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
Ditto with KCS! This was sad in the right places, and uplifting for the same. I was so glad to read this...
KCS chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
I'm glad this wasn't so sad as to be hopeless, but rightfully sad in a gentle way. Everything about this story was perfect, from first to last.

Definitely one of my top three favorite stories I've ever read. Thank you so much for using that plot bunny!
Cat chapter 24 . 3/11/2009
A fitting conclusion to an excellent story...thank you!
reflekshun chapter 24 . 3/10/2009
This story was awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.
pebbles66 chapter 23 . 3/2/2009
Oh, poor Watson! So sad... but lovely, too.
AmatorLinguae chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
And as usual, Holmes beats himself up over missing something that a normal person wouldn't have noticed. :) I love the image of him rushing up the stairs! Bad excuse, Mr. Holmes...

I like the "missed a spot shaving" bit! Also the dream; I can fully sympathize with the type. *scowls*

The Eastern blessing was very appropriate, and Watson's words at the end were heartbreaking. Great job!
gabrielsangel79 chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
You handled the conversation about Ellie very well. It really shows the profound friendship these two share.
Westron Wynde chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
"There was a hard knot in my throat constricting my vocal cords." Yes, me too on reading this chapter. Restrained, yet imbued with deep emotion, their conversation was oh-so bittersweet - and totally IC.

A balanced, nicely-handled piece of writing... and I'm glad that Watson is very much on the mend :)
Westron Wynde chapter 22 . 2/28/2009
Well, thank goodness for that - recovery is in sight, even if it wasn't a 'true crisis' (the way he was going though, any sort of crisis must have been a good thing).

A very touching scene between H&W - you wrote that so well :)

Oh, and top marks for the most original simile I've read in a long time - "I felt as dingy as a dustman".

Fab!
aragonite chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
Pardon me while I go cry miserably in a corner now.
Cat chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
Thanks for another great chapter of this excellent story!
KCS chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
Sure, Holmes, there's no reason for you to finally sleep after wearing yourself out physically, mentally, and emotionally, for almost two weeks, with little food and less rest. No reason at all. *eyeroll*

Much as I like reading well-written angst, I really think this was my favorite chapter so far. Despite the unusualness of the adjective, Holmes was too CUTE in this.

*goes back to re-read*
Msynergy chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
I keep saying this but poor Watson! Just when he starts to get better something else comes up! Please do update soon!
AmatorLinguae chapter 22 . 2/26/2009
Sweet, touching, and even a hint of humor. Apologies for the late review! I really like the detail of the chair scraping back. :)
pebbles66 chapter 22 . 2/25/2009
"You've never seen me that frightened because I've never seen you that ill before". - Aw!

So glad to have an update! And so glad that Watson is getting better at last. Though it sounds like he might have a lengthy recovery. Holmes' concern is so sweet.

*hugs them both*