Reviews for Sins of the Father
MarieThea chapter 22 . 2/24/2009
Ooh, great chapter. Loved Holmes and his worry over Watson...and then Watson (slightly) remembering Holmes' fear.

Have I mentioned I love Jackson? He's so great, especially here giving Holmes carte blance to keep Watson resting, and then the "knowing look".
rabidsamfan chapter 22 . 2/24/2009
Yay, an update! And Watson is better! Although Holmes still has a long row to hoe in front of him...
KCS chapter 22 . 2/24/2009
*happy dance*

*hugs chapter*

Holmes is so sweet, in his own little odd way. :D
Msynergy chapter 21 . 2/20/2009
Oh my, you had my heart beating a little fast there for a moment! Please update soon!
AmatorLinguae chapter 21 . 2/20/2009
Wonderful chapter! I especially like this line: "I do not often make blunders but when I do they are spectacular ones." Poor Watson...
pebbles66 chapter 21 . 2/20/2009
Goodness! I'm glad the crisis appears to be over, but Watson still seems desperately ill to me. Like Holmes, that line "I'm so tired of this", made me a little nervous.

Poor Holmes, feeling guilty. But we all know that nothing would have kept Watson from going after the girls with him.

I can't wait for more!
sherlockiANNE chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
Beautifully done!
Cat chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
Thanks for the update! At least the crisis is over...that's a relief.
Westron Wynde chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
How can you leave us at the end of a chapter with a line like this - "If he continues to fight, he should pull through. The crisis is past, but his fever's still high and it will still be a battle." I hoping you don't believe in character death, because I don't rate poor old Watson's chances very highly at the mo.

This is seriously tense stuff! But I'm loving every minute of it. :)
aragonite chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
oh...Holmes can't let Watson die...but I think he's not quite ready to face that possibility! Whew...waiting on the edge of my seat!
KCS chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
"I do not often make blunders but when I do they are spectacular ones." Ouch. What a guilt trip! (though I did laugh when Watson smacked him in the jaw, I admit)

You do this gnawing tension thing far too well, you know. I knew the ending, or at least the ending of the drabble, and you still had my BP and heart rate up by the end of the chapter.

I like Jackson a lot, too - and it looks like Holmes does also whether he was aware of it til the end of the chapter or not. I'm so glad you tackled this plot bunny!
gabrielsangel79 chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
At last the crisis is over. You describe Holmes's self-doubts very well.
0estunecloche0 chapter 21 . 2/18/2009
Thank goodness!
AmatorLinguae chapter 20 . 2/15/2009
What a tragic story. I think that would be the single worst way to lose a child... And then Mary. A sad chapter, but very, very good.

I like Jackson. :)
pebbles66 chapter 20 . 2/15/2009
Oh, poor Watson!

I was afraid it might be SIDS; but didn't consider the aftermath of an autopsy and investigation. What a horrible thing to face - and it's no wonder that Watson is haunted by Ellie's death even still.

The saying about doctor's wives is chilling...

So glad for the update, and looking forward to more!
211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »