Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
irismay42 chapter 14 . 6/7/2009
Some awesome Sam and Dean analysis going on in this chapter! I always felt the show kind of skated over Sam's grief about Jessica very quickly - a necessity really in a 40 minute show - so it was nice to see how you'd clearly thought about how Sam would be feeling and his hooking back up with Dean would ease some of the pain of losing Jessica.

I liked how you used pie as the peace offering too!
LivingForTv chapter 2 . 6/4/2009
Haha, what a delight! Lovely story!
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Aw! This was amazing! I will read them all, and this one was fantastic! I totally, totally love it!
J.A. Carlton chapter 17 . 6/2/2009
Thanks for the reminder Bhoney, I knew I'd been missing something. Excellent bunch of lovely schmoop! Beautifully done mildy as always. :D

Thanks so much for all your care and attention to detail with the boys.

And just so you know, I think you do great when given a theme to work with. :D Thanks for the happy!

sifi
pocahontas chapter 16 . 5/31/2009
Another very satisfying even managed to keep his favorite pie and make a story out of it!I really enjoyed any more?
pocahontas chapter 15 . 5/31/2009
Another great story. ! really like the interaction between the boys. They seem to be thinking of each other and trying to care for each other and they are so happy to be together again. just love it!
pocahontas friend chapter 14 . 5/31/2009
I am new to reading things online, but I have to say I LOVED THIS! I SURE HOPE YOU KEEP ON WRITING STORIES! this sems much better than eventhe regular series on t.v. You really seem to know these boys and how they think and sound. It's uncanny! Keep up the good work!
pocahontas chapter 17 . 5/31/2009
I'm really glad the "boys" have Bobby to fill a fatherly-type role in their lives. It gives them a place to be and it still feels like home. I think Bobby needs the boys just as well,and the"care" of same gives him a jolt of enthusiasm. Keep on telling us how it's going!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 17 . 5/30/2009
Oh look how you rock so completely utterly! Look at those reviews girl! I am so proud of you and this story. I am sorry I didn't review each chapter, but I kinda scarfed it in one long *oh wow oh wow oh wow* You did an wonderful job! *pats you on back*

Five Impalas, freshly waxed, lovingly detailed by Sam and Dean's own hands, full of pie and happy Winchesters heading your way to hug the stuffing (filling) out of you!
Liafrombrazil chapter 17 . 5/29/2009
*Sorry for the late review* My English reading is pretty slow and this was the longest fic I've ever read. It was such a pleasure reading! It's brilliant, weel-written, toucheful and funny. So nice to see the guys celebrating Thanksgiving with love and sharing the spirit of gratitude; the important thing is that they're together after all.

I loved Bobby here, you wrote them perfectly.

One of my favorites: "Dean allowed himself to be soothed by the easy peace that fell over the table, allowed his thoughts to turn from Hell and torture and broken seals to food and family and comfort and home."

Thank you!
SophieSaulie chapter 17 . 5/28/2009
Sorry it's taking me so long to review...ah, life...I hope to read your Sam angst story too.

Okay, you have to know that anything with Bobby in it is always a joy to read and to have him be a part of the Thanksgiving festivities with the boys is just perfect in my eyes. It made me wish it was thanksgiving now. It gave me a warmth that's been missing form the show.

Fav. Parts:

“I look like Betty Crocker to you?” Bobby challenged as he stood in the doorway to the kitchen, then leveled him with a glare, just daring him to make the smart remark he knew lingered on Dean’s tongue. Bobby could hear Sam stifling a laugh in the background. That was okay; he’d get his.

-*falls over laughing. You captured Bobby's voice here perfectly. The sarcasm is unmistakeable.

The older hunter settled for an exasperated sigh, “Boy, what do you think I eat every day? Ain’t no diner down the road I can go to every meal.”

-HILARIOUS again.

Sam let out another soft sound of amusement from where he stood next to his brother’s chair and Dean made a mental note to short-sheet his bed later. Sam had been getting way too much amusement over how unsettled Dean was at the whole holiday-at-Bobby’s-house-after-school-special thing they had going on. He’d chuckled to himself at random times the entire drive out here, and Dean knew—just knew—Sam had been remembering the stupefied expression on Dean’s face when he’d gotten Bobby’s call.

-I LOVE the brotherly feel here.

It frustrated him, because all Dean wanted was to get back on the job. Not the angel/demon crap, but back to the basics—saving people, hunting things. He was jittery with the need of it. Maybe if he saved enough people, it would help fill the hole Hell had left in him, just a little.

-I SO BELIEVE that Dean wishes for the old days back, when things were simpler by Winchester standards. I can also see him feeling that saving more people might wash his guilt away. It's so how Dean would feel and think.

Bobby saw Dean start to fall into the dark thoughts that had been swirling behind his eyes since he’d arrived, so he turned to Sam for help. “Will you smack your brother for me, please?”

-HILARIOUS and SO LOVING too!

“That,” Bobby scowled, “was for being an idjit.” He really hoped neither of the boys could see the worry he’d been trying to hide. The stuff that had gone down while he was away—it wasn’t good, not by a long shot. He was relieved the boys had come through it, even without him there to pull their butts out of the fire, but it still scared the crap out of him. This was the Apocalypse they were talking about—it was big…and his boys were smack in the middle of it. It didn’t sit well with Bobby, but there wasn’t a whole lot he could do about it.

-I'm running out of clever adjectives. The caring you show here, it's just amazing! So fatherly.

But these boys—they just didn’t operate well when they were at odds with each other. They worked best as a team, always had. He was glad to see some of the tension between them had eased just a little.

-a caring fatherly observation that warms the heart yet again.

Bobby just stared at him, incredulous that he would even have to ask. “Well for one thing, you’re not in Hell,” he answered sardonically. The boy could be so dense sometimes; they both could be, come to think of it. Idjits. “And for another,” he cocked a thumb in Sam’s direction, who had the grace to look sheepish, “Sam there’s not off tryin’ his best to tick off every demon he meets in hopes a someone puttin’ him out of his misery.” He let a reproving gaze linger on Sam, who shuffled a little from foot to foot and looked away under the penetrating gaze.

- I NEVER get tired of the fatherly moments!

He was thankful to have his boys back and he wouldn’t apologize for it. If that wasn’t cause to celebrate, well, then he didn’t know what was.

-sniffle!

Dean had even gone so far as to thank her, albeit in his own roundabout let’s-never-mention-this-again kinda way.

-hysterical! And SO true. Dean's instincts were right though.

He wished he’d been able to offer more comfort, but Dean wasn’t willing to accept anything he saw as absolution for what he’d done, so the most Sam could do was listen when his brother needed to talk and let Dean know that he didn’t blame him for what he’d had to do to survive their time apart.

-LOVED this. It was brotherly beautiful. Wished it had been more like that on the show.

Sam crossed the room to follow him but turned back to shoot Dean a superior smirk that reminded him of the days when his little brother used to taunt him openly. He could almost hear a five-year-old Sammy’s nana nana boo boo float across the room. Dean just rolled his eyes in response and only barely kept himself from sticking out his tongue when Sam chuckled at his predicament.

“Sam!” Bobby hollered from the kitchen. “Stop baitin’ your brother and shake a leg, boy. I ain’t got all day!”

-OH! LOVED this! So normal, so touching!

Dean smirked when Sam and Bobby brought out the pies. The older hunter definitely had his priorities straight.

When the boys looked at him wonderingly, Bobby just brushed it off gruffly with a mumbled comment about Widow Tweed bringing some stuff by as a thank you for rebuilding her transmission. But there was a hint of blush on his cheeks that neither boy missed. Dean smiled to himself. Yep, Bobby was just a big ol’ softie at heart. Though Dean would never be foolish enough to tell him that to his face, since he had no desire to get blasted full of buckshot.

-OH, I got a tear in my eye reading this! Seriously!

BEAUTIFUL! LOVED EVERY WORD!
irismay42 chapter 13 . 5/28/2009
*gulp* followed by *incoherant blubbering*

Oh god, Dean needs a hug RIGHT NOW! Again, I loved the way you mirrored Sam's chapter with Dean's chapter, how we see that both boys will always feel like outsiders, but for Dean it's almost worse because he has no link to the 'inside' at all, not like Sam does. I can't imagine what it would have been like for him - to lose Sam only for his dad to ditch him too. Honestly, it's a wonder he even managed to drag himself out of bed in the morning.

Fantastic chapter!
irismay42 chapter 12 . 5/28/2009
Aw, poor Sammy! He finally gets the 'normal' Thanksgiving he's always wanted and he realises that he actually wants something else entirely!

I liked the image of him standing outside the world looking in as he watched Jess' family through the window. I think even if he'd managed to finish college and become a lawyer, this would still have been the case.
marinawings chapter 17 . 5/27/2009
hurray for happy endings! i'm thinking baudelaire is from the series of unfortunate events-which is awesomely ironic. and the movie reference... don't think i got it, although widow tweed sounded awfully familiar. anyways, great chapter! nice to see sam being sam again. and bobby-gotta love that guy. and especially dean. :) i'm getting carried away here, lol. sorry if i've taken up tons of space with all these reviews, but each chapter was so great, i had to say something about them all. awesome fic!
marinawings chapter 16 . 5/27/2009
at first while i was reading this chapter, i started to get depressed. season three... so sad. and then, the end made me smile. i love the motif of the napkin note and the thanksgiving-flavored snacks/drinks. awesome!
731 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »