Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
marinawings chapter 3 . 5/27/2009
heart wrenching. ...what else can i say?
marinawings chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
wow! i love this chapter, too! very heartwarming. yes, sammy is going to be a giant. and yes, dean is going to be a wonderful big brother. i like how their brotherly connection is established so early on here. awesomeness!
marinawings chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
beautiful! i love this first chapter. john and mary... so romantic and bittersweet. and the pie! no wonder our dear dean loves pie so much. i look forward to reading the rest of this!
TraSan chapter 17 . 5/25/2009
Excellent job, B. I enjoyed this story very much, but this last chapter was especially delightful. There's so many gaps of time between episodes that we have to know we don't see more than we do of the boys' everyday lives.

I believe that they had plenty of easy moments, yes, even this season - and this chapter had me smiling from beginning to end.

I'm thankful you added a ray of hope into the angst-filled season 4. :)
Iuliana chapter 17 . 5/25/2009
wow this is a really original idea, I haven't read anything like this before. Although it's hard to choose I think my favorite thanksgiving was "Baudelaire Inn" and "Singer Salvage" but that's not saying much cuz I think the whole fic was awesome. And man I love Dean's love for pie, I gotta say I understand the man, pumpkin is my favorite too. See u on the next chapter of "Soul Collector"

hugs

Dani
Holly Lukeman chapter 8 . 5/24/2009
The thing with John and Sam butting heads reminded me of how similar both boys are to their father, though in different ways. They are their father's sons in some pretty wrong ways.

Anyway, on to the review. Loved the part about Bambi and Dean skipping the mother's death! That'll be a rude awakening for Sam when he actually does watch the whole thing, yeah? Actually, that same thing happened to one of my cousins with Old Yeller or whatever. Apparently his mom always cut it off before the end, so he thought the family lived happily every after. I felt kinda bad when he found out otherwise... a bit amuse, though. :)

They have THE most interesting Thanksgivings, don't they? Grave desecration and hunting, oh yay. Interesting that Dean referred to his dad as John in his head. "He did not need John overhearing this—a full-blown fight was sure to follow..."

"Even at sixteen, his arm span was impressive." Heheh, this made me cackle. Dunno why, it was just funny. But I like how you incorporate a lot of the gesticulations and movements of the TV characters into your story. It gives me a clear mental image of them, which is awesome.

"He knew how it felt to be a target, to have the creeping sense that something out there wanted to harm your family, and not know what you could do to protect them." I really liked this sentence. It kind of relates to what the guys are going through now with each other.

"He’d sworn he’d do whatever it took to keep them safe, to never feel helpless again." That sent chills down my spine - it's kind of the Winchester motto. It's sending them to a very bad place, methinks. I do like the parallels (intentional or not) to the boys. All three are startlingly alike in a lot of ways.

This sentence, "Dean thought it was the best Thanksgiving he’d had in years," made me kind of sad. That Dean was happy with any bit of family togetherness and peace was a bit heat wrenching.

You really write John well. You keep his character from the show while expanding on his character within your own writing. I really do like his character, despite his Texas-sized flaws. :)

Good chapter. I look forward to the next one.
Realhuntress chapter 17 . 5/24/2009
Wow! Just LOVE This story! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I so wish I could put it in my book! Alas *sighs* I just don't have the space.

HOWEVER - if you would consider it, I COULD put a few of the chapters in... :-)
sylia91 chapter 17 . 5/24/2009
I have absolutely loved this series and sincerely hope you add some more chapters during S5. At least the boys are back together and Bobby's alive so we can have some more moments of respite from the storm so to speak. Maybe Cas can join in some way as well :)
pickamix chapter 17 . 5/19/2009
Well here's hoping that next year lets you write another chapter. These were a lot of fun for the most part others were angsty but all were good. I liked the addition of Bobby for this one... I love him. Anyway, good job all around.
InSecret chapter 17 . 5/19/2009
*shoves aside homework* Dammit, I'm reading this now.

I love it. Shock horror. I adore this:

'He seemed so genuinely baffled by this turn of events that Bobby wanted to smack him upside the head. Hard.'

It's gorgeous, because I can SEE it, but it also makes me want to shake Dean and yell THEY LOVE YOU at him a half dozen times.

And Bobby. Aw. No, wait. AW. He's spot on here, dialogue and internal thoughts, and his interactions with the boys are beautiful. Bobby done well is always a winner with me, so well done you and hooray for me!

I love this whole story. I'm so glad you left it on a positive note. Now go away and post the next chapter of your other story. I will if you will *winks*
pocahontas chapter 17 . 5/18/2009
I found this chapter very gratifying, I'm glad that Bobby, another favorite character, has grown to care for the boys enough that they can be their own family unit. I feel this opens up another door for more exploits in the future for all of them. Keep up the good work and the creative ways you weave your tales!
irismay42 chapter 11 . 5/18/2009
Aww I really loved how you mirrored Dean's experience of his first Thanksgiving without Sam with Sam's experience the preceding chapter - right down to looking at photographs and listening to voicemails. And the little bit of John introspection was an unexpected bonus too. I love it when people show John as caring and human, because so often he isn't portrayed that way in fanfic. And even though he was hurting himself after Sam left, I do think he would make an effort to help Dean with his pain.
irismay42 chapter 10 . 5/18/2009
Oh *sniffle* this chapter just killed me stone dead! Sam listening to Dean's voicemail over and over, thnking about calling him but not doing (stupid Sammy!) and Dean sending him PIE! Oh boys!
JennK528 chapter 17 . 5/17/2009
Perfect last chapter. Especially given the events of this past season! Your concluding scene was very much appreciated - the boys and Bobby with pie, together. Thank you indeed!

I really liked Bobby's voice in this one. "His boys" just felt so right. *g*

Lovely job, as always. But I think this is one of my favorite chapters out of the whole story.

And congrats on wrapping it up!
November'sGuest chapter 16 . 5/16/2009
I didn't read them all, but I gotta say that 15 and 16 were my favorites of the ones I did read. There's just something about the way Sam was with Dean at the beginning of season two and three that touched my heart so much more than at any other time (well, the whole season three was pretty good).

I miss that Sam...and I did enjoy reading this. You did a wonderful job of capturing the flavor if each time period and it was clever to keep the running thread of pie throughout the story.

I think the part that touched me the most is when Sam discovered his and Dean's discarded pie in the trash-from 2007. I can't stand someone not getting to enjoy/finish their food and then just the whole angst of that chapter was beautifully done. *sniff*

Good job!