Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
adder574 chapter 17 . 5/16/2009
I'm going to miss waiting for updates. I loved this story right from chapter 1. It was nice to finish up and have the boys with Bobby. He is family after all. Awesome job.
Holly Lukeman chapter 6 . 5/15/2009
First, I have to say I am SO happy to have something more cheerful to read that concerns Supernatural. I just got the chance to watch the 21st and 22nd episodes today, and while I loved them, they were in no way happy. More questions than ever... Thanksgiving should help, I think. :)

Anyway, the review.

Oh boy. As soon as Dean walked in looking all happy with himself, I knew something odd and probably a bit disturbing was up. That's just the kind of person Dean is.

The whole poltergeist pinning Sammy up against the wall and then choking the living daylights out of him reminded me that Sam is the one to be strangled 98.9 percent of the time. I mean, it could be hands, a cord, even an axe for crying out loud. Sam gets strangled most of the time, Dean gets slugged. Although, Sam has been curiously strangle-free this season... for the most part anyway.

It was cute with Sam thinking to himself that Dean didn't need to treat him like a kid anymore, especially knowing that even at twenty-six, his older brother would still view him as a little sibling. To me it's adorable and endearing, but I'm sure Sam gets a bit irked sometimes. Siblings do that, though.

Ha ha! I love that Sam's curiosity was like "a law of the universe" for Dean. And their luck does seem to be just about as consistent as gravity, doesn't it? I'm not sure if their death-defying antics are good luck or bad half the time. They're alive, but then they have to deal with what comes with that.

-“You got us booze?” Sam’s voice squeaked on the last word, though he’d swear later it was only because of his injury.-

Ha! This cracked me up! Not only little Sam with his changing voice, but also at the thought that it wouldn't be beyond Dean to do Thanksgiving with mainly alcohol. Maybe in a few years, though...

Oh my gosh. I am officially horrified at the thought of smoked salmon pâté soda. Ugh, it makes me nauseous just thinking about it. I can even handle the brussel sprouts, but *this* is too much. Amusing, but horrific.

Aw, the end was very sweet. I love the bond those two have, and I was thrilled that they kind of showed that in the season finale. Sure, there were some upsetting things (like, the whole time), but still.

Great story, great characterization, wonderful job freaking me out with that salmon soda. I've got chills, I swear. Oh, and sorry if this review is a bit long. I'm just happy to have something...well, happy after the finale. Thanks for the story! I enjoyed it a ton. :)

Holly
sbgrrl chapter 17 . 5/15/2009
Ah, your Bobby voice is just lovely and so *him*.

"The older hunter settled for an exasperated sigh, “Boy, what do you think I eat every day? Ain’t no diner down the road I can go to every meal.”"

Hah, so true! It's cook or starve, starve or cook...

"Bobby just stared at him, incredulous that he would even have to ask. “Well for one thing, you’re not in Hell,” he answered sardonically. The boy could be so dense sometimes; they both could be, come to think of it. Idjits. “And for another,” he cocked a thumb in Sam’s direction, who had the grace to look sheepish, “Sam there’s not off tryin’ his best to tick off every demon he meets in hopes a someone puttin’ him out of his misery.” He let a reproving gaze linger on Sam, who shuffled a little from foot to foot and looked away under the penetrating gaze."

Oh, so Bobby. Is it any wonder we all love him?

SBG
Meggin Lane chapter 17 . 5/15/2009
I've loved this on going story from the very first one I've read. You can tell so much about a person by the things they are passionet about and it was perfect that you should choose the love of pie, and the most family oriented holiday to explore the nature of the lives of the Winchesters and their relationship with each other.

I've loved Bobby from the first time he was introduced into the show. The boys had lost their mother, their father was an obessed man too busy and strung out on his quest to be a loving and supportive parent and Bobby was just what the boys needed in their lives. Someone who could love them and enjoy them in a way their father couldn't. Some one who could be counted on to be there 24/7 in a way their father couldn't. He has been a perfect fit in that gap their family was dealt.

Gruff but lovable “Not as hurt as you’re gonna be you get outta that chair,” he threatened, before turning to go into the kitchen. And his love is just the kind of anchor those boys need.

Thanks for this story. I hope the way things pan out you will be able to add a 2009 and a speculative 2010. I'd like to think of them as going on forever. Living Urban legends them selves. With other hunters using the name Winchester like an adjective. Like, that fugly was one tough MFO to kill, it was Winchester tough. Or its gonna take a Winchester miracle to get outta this scrape! Wouldn't that be cool?
PADavis chapter 17 . 5/15/2009
This was a very nice wrap up to the series. If you write more, I'll be there! But this could stand as a final I think. Sit stay - and quit baitin' your brother - too funny.

Phoebe
sayrae3times chapter 17 . 5/15/2009
I loved it. Especially in lieu of last night. Sigh. Gotta love Bobby man! - “I look like Betty Crocker to you?” Too cute! Bobby's just amazing!
rockyshadow chapter 17 . 5/15/2009
I like the way you ended this on a hopeful note. That the boys are finally letting each other in is great. I think this story stopped in exactly the right place and you won't be getting any pressure from me to continue. I like that they're together with Bobby and are slowly trying to go back to their own brand of normal lives.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
There are so many wonderful things about this chapter.

There are so many wonderful things about this STORY.

There aren't enough words in English to convey my feelings.

So I'll just do this:

*Stands up and gives bhoney a standing ovation.*

Not to put too fine a point on it... but you utterly ROCK.
ziggy.uk chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
A great final chapter, if that is what it turns out to be but I'm hoping that Season 5 will have the brothers back together and you get to write at least one more chapter!

Loved how you wrote Bobby, pulling out all the stops, with the aid of a packet or can, to give the boys a family Thanksgiving and so nice to have them genuinely laugh, something that has been missing this season. Perfect too the three sorts of pie - you can never have enough pie - but having their favourites on the table was so fitting and said so much. Just so nice to have a happy 'family' moment in a chapter set in Season 4!
Floralia chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
I really liked the way you used Bobby in this, but it’s so sad that so much of their interaction with John in previous chapters was misunderstood, while Bobby seems to understand how to interact around the both of them. They can have a ‘family’ moment and it feels natural rather than bittersweet. And I love the image of Bobby knowing a dozen different way to kill people with forks.
starzstruck-1 chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
I wanted to let you know, I took your advice as soon as I got your reply, and read your story. I stopped watching the fourth season after the fifteenth episode, because I got behind, so I'm waiting for the dvds to come out before I can finish it, so I'll need a LOT of ficcy goodness to fill my time. I cried several times, sometimes because it was soo damn cute, other times because I couldn't stand the heartache, but you gotta love some brotherly awesomeness. Great job! I'm slowly but surely working my way through your fics, and many of the ones on your favorites list. Any other suggestions?
Noelani618 chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
This was perfect! Love the fluff and Bobby's fond exasperation when Dean asks what they have to be thankful for. Poor guy still doesn't understand that he's important too because he's loved.

Beautiful piece and I can't wait to read more of your work! :D
Nana56 chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
A great finish to the series, if that's what it turns out to be. A wonderful time for the brothers.

I have my tissues ready for tonight. Hubby will be gone and the lights will all be off with phones unplugged. *bites nails*

Well done, my dear...this chapter and the whole series. Hope it works out that we can have another one. :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
Laments the fact that this is 'over' but I enjoyed it SO much.

When I need a happy moment with the guys i'm gonna go back from time to time and reread the ones I liked the best.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
Very nice ending to this story. I so totally adore Bobby and his affection for the boys. Nice work.
731 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »