Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
Nana56 chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
A great finish to the series, if that's what it turns out to be. A wonderful time for the brothers.

I have my tissues ready for tonight. Hubby will be gone and the lights will all be off with phones unplugged. *bites nails*

Well done, my dear...this chapter and the whole series. Hope it works out that we can have another one. :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
Laments the fact that this is 'over' but I enjoyed it SO much.

When I need a happy moment with the guys i'm gonna go back from time to time and reread the ones I liked the best.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
Very nice ending to this story. I so totally adore Bobby and his affection for the boys. Nice work.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
That was a really nice conclusion to this series.

You wrote Bobby perfectly and completely in character. His affectionate exasperation with the boys, and his ability to know what they are doing even without seeing it, made me smile.

It was good to see them relax and have a 'normal' happy moment in the midst of what's going on. I also liked how each of them took so much pleasure in seeing the other laugh, since it is a rareity these days.

This series certainly took off and I'm glad it was so successful for you. Over 500 reviews is a phenomenal success that is quite rare, in this fandom or any other.

Good luck with the next story.
ukfan101 chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
oh this chapter ends on such a hopeful note...just don't' think about what comes next...hopefully you will have a chance to revisit this story in season 5 with the brothers back together again...I haven't read all the chapters yet but the ones I have read have been great...I espepcially enjoyed the college years ones..looking forward to read more of the chapters.
L5472 chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
*giggles* Oh Bobby's adorable LOL. He can so take these Winchester boys! XD

Aww...this was an adorable chapter! Banter, dinner, PIE! What more can you ask for?

This was a great story. It was nice to see how things changed from when they were kids to adults. Also, love that pie had significance and an appearance in every chapter ;)
Miyo86 chapter 17 . 5/13/2009
*Bounces up and down* For the last chapter(at least for a while) you pull out the best for last! I LOVE Bobby :D He just adds so much to every story. Betty crocker, lol. Dean wanting to shortsheet Sam's bed made me giggle too. This chapter was just so warm and fluffy, and just had so much of what I've been missing from the show's early days(and even a little hurt!Dean)

I hate to see this end, as I have loved this fic from start to finish. If this is where it is to end though, I'm glad its on a postive note, before things really went to hell-ina-hand-basket. Brava!

As for the allusion in 15- are you talking about the guy who wrote 'A series of unfortunate events?' Widow Tweed in this chapter comes from Fox and the Hound, and the signifigance of that is probably how Todd and Copper parallel Sam and Dean. Childhood friends, then adversaries..all I can hope for next season is that Sam comes back to stand with Dean one more time. Like Copper :D *Goes off, singing 'When you're the best of friends..."
Miyo86 chapter 16 . 5/13/2009
Another year- another Thanksgiving of angst and pain. Nothing new for these two! Season 3 was so hard, Sam's constant worry and not enough days left with Dean...This chapter really fits the title of the fic- the signifigance of uneaten pie speaking to Sam so clearly. What got me right in the heart was Sam's realization about saving Dean vs seeing him in the time he had left. And who couldn't help but smile at the ending. Dean getting back a little of his brother and his pie :P
annie200 chapter 17 . 5/13/2009
Great ending, every-one beautifully in the characters we know and love before he Apocalypse hit. Hope you will get the chance to do more at some point, but his series has still been pumpkin pie for the soul!
Miyo86 chapter 15 . 5/13/2009
To borrow a phrase from Chuck, I liked your 'literary symmetry' in the opening line. Dean had previously counted the firsts without Sam, and is now repeating it with his Dad. And Dean as the last line of defense between the darkness and Sam...well, we've seen how well that's worked out!I really liked how realistic Dean's grief was, and his slightly coming to terms with it toward the end- while the pain of losing a loved one never goes away completely, it doesn't always have the power to crush you forever. It eases up sometimes, at least long enough for a bittersweet toast with a forkful of pie. : )
pandora jazz chapter 17 . 5/13/2009
Excellent!

This chapter, what a perfect way to wrap up your Thanksgiving story.

I'm glad that Bobby invited the brothers to his place and I could just picture Dean's face when he thought Bobby had cooked the dinner.

It was nice to see the brothers relax and laughing. Of course you nailed it with Bobby's thoughts, 'But these boys—they just didn’t operate well when they were at odds with each other. They worked best as a team, always had.'

Thanks for a chapter that made us smile, that made me smile.

Until next time, take care.
Miyo86 chapter 14 . 5/13/2009
I can't imagine how tough this one had to be for Sam. He's back together with Dean, but has so recently lost Jess...I loved Dean trying to be sympathetic, but not letting Sam sink completely. The Metallica was great too The part I absolutely loved was the part about Dean's shirt. Sam keeps it so close he doesn't even want it washed, because it smells like Dean! That is just so telling, that even the little things about his brother are helping him get through his grief. And then there is, after a four year absence for both of them, once again pie on Thanksgiving.
Miyo86 chapter 13 . 5/13/2009
I loved the imagery in this one- Dean finding it more lonely in a crowd of strangers than with his memories of Sam. Being alone is something Dean never has enjoyed, so this was just painful! And Dean checking on Sam just made me want to hug him! Dean, Sammy could never replace you! :( And then his reminiscence of all those past years...Gaah! This was just completely and utterly depressing! Which is what you were going for ; )
Miyo86 chapter 12 . 5/13/2009
Oh Sammy...grass isn't always greener, is it? You finally got a 'normal' holiday, and its still painful. *Hugs him* I loved that Jessica was able to provide his escape plan, hehe. My favorite part of this one was Sam wishing he could merge the two parts of his life, bring his family into his new life just a little bit. But he also knew that a phone call might make it seem like he wanted to go back...such a tough spot! Yet another Thanksgiving, and no pie...
Miyo86 chapter 11 . 5/13/2009
This is me, FINALLY catching up like I promised I would XD I've fallen so behind, that you've finally caught up with the show! Ah well..

This chapter was a really good companion to Sam's. Even with his Dad, Dean without Sam is still alone. I did love that John tried to celebrate with him though- he was still his Dad, and so often he gets portrayed only as cold and obsessive. And yes, the paper...I can just see reading that over and over after Sam left to reassure himself(which of course, he would never ever admit to doing!)
734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »